BvS The BvS Rumor/Speculation Discussion Thread! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Easter Egg is just that. That wouldn't stop them from using Doomsday if they wanted to.

Right but outside of Cav-El saying he likes the story who says they want to?

An Easter Egg is just that. That wouldn't stop them from using Doomsday if they wanted to.

An easter egg is something that has to be agreed upon by the higher ups. Some dude didn't just put that there for the giggles. I do believe they will use Doomsday...down the road. They alluded to him so he exists.

An easter egg is something that has to be agreed upon by the higher ups. Some dude didn't just put that there for the giggles. I do believe they will use Doomsday...down the road. They alluded to him so he exists.
Or a Doomsday genetic code exists.

Not untrue. But imagine that, once the MOS Blu-Ray was out there, here comes Terrio and says "Y'know what, this movie needs some DOOMSDAY!", with Affleck in full Batman gear fistpumping to Cotton Eyed Joe right behind him.

Now the higher-ups are CONVINCED, yo. They want Doomsday in the movie. They're not gonna go "Oh, shucks! We can't use him! We name-dropped him on a DVD Easter Egg that most people either didn't see or didn't even buy!"

Like I said, IF they wanted to use him as a Lex-created weapon, they totally could.

Can't the higher-ups just put it in there for the giggles? I doubt we'll be getting a Howard the Duck movie any time soon just because he appeared at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy.

A lot of us that ascribe to the "Vision" theory dont think it is Batman who is having it but Wonder Woman. It isnt about Batman needing a reason, but why the heck would she get involved in a fight between the two? To me at least, I think what she sees is what would happen if these two go to war. Superman rules with an iron fist on one side and Batman fights him and his disciples on the other. She needs to stop it...

One thing that seems to get overlooked in the "Batman escapes Eye Laser" shot is that Batman isnt wearing the Mech Suit in that one. It is quite obvious that it is part of a different fight. As I watched the trailer again last night I had the thought that perhaps that was their first meeting, before they know who each other are. It probably takes place in the same scene Superman destroys the Batmobile and they face off. I think Batman is trolling Superman (for lack of a better word) to test his limits and to prove some theory.

This is what I do when I am trying to occupy my time...I doubt I am close but who cares :)

If it is WW who gets the vision why go to Batman?
At this point in time...there is nothing to even suggest that Batman could do anything to Superman.

Not untrue. But imagine that, once the MOS Blu-Ray was out there, here comes Terrio and says "Y'know what, this movie needs some DOOMSDAY!", with Affleck in full Batman gear fistpumping to Cotton Eyed Joe right behind him.

Now the higher-ups are CONVINCED, yo. They want Doomsday in the movie. They're not gonna go "Oh, shucks! We can't use him! We name-dropped him on a DVD Easter Egg that most people either didn't see or didn't even buy!"

Like I said, IF they wanted to use him as a Lex-created weapon, they totally could.

Yes it very much is true. Trust me. Nothing just happens to appear on a Blu Ray.

Can't the higher-ups just put it in there for the giggles? I doubt we'll be getting a Howard the Duck movie any time soon just because he appeared at the end of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Are we getting a Howard the Duck movie...no
Will he appear in the next Guardians movie...more than likely.
and they had to get approval to use him in the movie.

And that could tie in with the Easter egg. It doesn't have to be a reference to Doomsday as a single creature. It could be a reference to a genetic super soldier code that went horribly wrong.

Well, there's an Easter Egg in the X-Men DVD where Spider-Man shows up, for instance.

That wasn't an easter egg...that was a set prank...and I can guarantee you execs and Singer had to approve that going on the DVD

And that could tie in with the Easter egg. It doesn't have to be a reference to Doomsday as a single creature. It could be a reference to a genetic super soldier code that went horribly wrong.

th

Seems to be a person and not a genetic code

That wasn't an easter egg...that was a set prank...and I can guarantee you execs and Singer had to approve that going on the DVD

I never said it wasn't exec-approved. I said they absolutely can change their minds and include Doomsday in however fashion they want because it doesn't contradict the previous movie, which is the only thing that really counts.

I never said it wasn't exec-approved. I said they absolutely can change their minds and include Doomsday in however fashion they want because it doesn't contradict the previous movie, which is the only thing that really counts.

I asked you to name a time when something just made it on the blu-ray without the filmmakers knowing...you brought up the spider-man appearance on the set prank.

Can they change their minds? Yeah. Are they going to? Probably not since they included it as an easter egg

Seems to be a person and not a genetic code
Bertron creates Doomsday. The genetic code he used could be replicated if Lex found it through access to Kryptonian databases.

I asked you to name a time when something just made it on the blu-ray without the filmmakers knowing...you brought up the spider-man appearance on the set prank.

Can they change their minds? Yeah. Are they going to? Probably not since they included it as an easter egg
Are you being intentionally obtuse? Is this like a bit and I missed the memo or something?

Bertron creates Doomsday. The genetic code he used could be replicated if Lex found it through access to Kryptonian databases.

No, because an Easter Egg on a DVD already says the word Doomsday! Don't try to logic your way into this!

I'm not sure we're getting a three-way fight. It's redundant and unnecessary after getting the Batman vs. Superman fight, not to mention Snyder himself said this is not a 2.5 hour versus movie. If we do operate under the idea that this is a three-way fight, then what's the point of coming together to Luthor? He would get arrested in little to no time. And a third act would be finished in 2 minutes tops.

Gotham looks trashed, Lex looks like he's revelling in on the action. There's really only one conclusion. Something big enough to warrant Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman teaming up. Zod's body was shown, a **** ton of research was shown. The only path I'm seeing is Zod being reanimated or Luthor creates his own Kryptonian (aka Luthor rehashing the Man of Steel battle in order to get people to be more afraid of the heroes and denounce them). Think about it, the only way this battle gets rehashed is to view Superman in good light. Superman was extremely out matched by Zod, wouldn't it be a fantastic point to say that with his allies, Superman can contain and neutralize a huge threat?

Are you being intentionally obtuse? Is this like a bit and I missed the memo or something?

Then you must not be reading what I am saying...you are just responding.

I said this:
Yes it very much is true. Trust me. Nothing just happens to appear on a Blu Ray.

You responded:
Um, yeah, it does. It happens, literally, all the time.

I responded:
Such as....

You responded:
Well, there's an Easter Egg in the X-Men DVD where Spider-Man shows up, for instance.

If it is WW who gets the vision why go to Batman?
At this point in time...there is nothing to even suggest that Batman could do anything to Superman.

At this point in time there is nothing to suggest anything...hell outside of Batman kicking Clark through a ceiling we cant even prove they fight ;)

Want my theory...I think she goes to Batman because he is the cause. Batman is the antagonist, he is the one provoking the fight. Plus, we dont know she doesnt go to see Clark as well...just saying :)

She might go to Batman because she already knows him.

Then you must not be reading what I am saying...you are just responding.

I said this:

You responded:
Um, yeah, it does. It happens, literally, all the time.

I responded:
Such as....

You responded:
Let's pretend for one second I didn't say that. Let's pretend I'm wrong and this is the only time a character has been name-dropped in an Easter Egg. This is the first Easter Egg in the history of DVDs.

Now, still with me?

Good.

I want you to picture a WB meeting with Affleck, Snyder, Terrio and the "higher-ups". The Man of Steel DVD is obviously out there. Including that fate-sealing Easter Egg they came up with when there was no DCEU. In the Goyer draft, there was no Doomsday because he, as approved by the higher-ups, had decided to save him for further along the road and give him the comic-book origin. Good.

Still with me?

Now imagine that Terrio, Snyder and Affleck say that they can craft a MUCH better follow-up movie by including Doomsday as a Lex-made weapon monster... thing.

If we follow our Earth logic, there's NOTHING to stop them from doing it. NOTHING to contradict this Doomsday origin other than... a teeny, tiny little Easter Egg that most people have no idea even exists.

Nothing.

And, as such, they can do whatever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"