BvS The BvS Ultimate Cut Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who enjoys the UE, I'm glad that Henry's scenes (and the other scenes that were added to the UE) were not simply stored away into Warner Bros's vaults...never to see the light of day, or simply just added to the "Deleted Scenes" feature for the film.

As a Superman fan,I loved that there was more Clark Kent/Superman in the UC.

The UC only added to my boredom. The only useful added scenes were the explanation that the chair was lined with lead which I kind of assumed and that Superman stayed to help some people out of there. This movie still has no cohesive one story. Is 3 movies in one. The whole Africa/Lois plot needed to be cut and adaptation of TDKR made zero sense when you are starting your verse and just introducing characters. The characterization and motivation of characters were still flawed (Batman/Superman) and/or nonsensical (Lex) I think WB did the right thing by cutting most of those scenes. BvS needed more scenes cut not added.

With these characters, in a post-AVENGERS Hollywood where this genre is suppose to market to four quadrant appeal to sell future films down the line along with merch, you are 100% correct.

Having said that, in a pre-AVENGERS Hollywood, we're having an entirely different conversation and I think you know that.

I actually don't think we are, the fact remains the vast majority of blockbuster movies, hell the vast majority of mainstream movies in general, have always hovered closer to the 2 hour mark.

I can't wait to get a copy and watch this. I just watched the TC again and came away not liking it as much as the last time I saw it in theater. This is my 3rd viewing with months in between the last one (First 2 viewings came within days of each other). I'm hoping this version can save it for me....

I actually don't think we are, the fact remains the vast majority of blockbuster movies, hell the vast majority of mainstream movies in general, have always hovered closer to the 2 hour mark.

I ain't arguing the running time because studies have shown that you're right, people don't really want to sit in a theatre past 90 minutes. 2 hours is pushing it (which I don't get but I'm a cinema fan and have studied cinema so I'm up for anything. I'm not the average Joe).

I'm arguing representation of the content with these characters in this era of Hollywood vs before AVENGERS.

I can't wait to get a copy and watch this. I just watched the TC again and came away not liking it as much as the last time I saw it in theater. This is my 3rd viewing with months in between the last one (First 2 viewings came within days of each other). I'm hoping this version can save it for me....
Get a big tub of popcorn and enjoy.

0044.gif

I ain't arguing the running time because studies have shown that you're right, people don't really want to sit in a theatre past 90 minutes. 2 hours is pushing it (which I don't get but I'm a cinema fan and have studied cinema so I'm up for anything. I'm not the average Joe).

I'm arguing representation of the content with these characters in this era of Hollywood vs before AVENGERS.

Ultimately that was WB's call. They didn't have to follow Marvel into the shared universe thing, they could easily have stood their ground and let the characters exist separately as Nolan said they should. But Hollywood is about riding on others coattails, someone does something different, everyone else follows. It is what it is.

Ultimately that was WB's call. They didn't have to follow Marvel into the shared universe thing, they could easily have stood their ground and let the characters exist separately as Nolan said they should. But Hollywood is about riding on others coattails, someone does something different, everyone else follows. It is what it is.

Pretty much.

Watched the UC and IMO it's still a garbage film, except now it's a garbage film that doesn't look like it was edited by an 8 yr old!

The dessert sequence makes no sense what so ever! Why the heck would superman need bullets to kill anyone? And why the hell wasn't lois called to testify in the hearing since SHE WAS ACTUALLY THERE!

The explosion at the senate made no sense, why the heck would superman need a bomb for the love of christ! And what would he gain from blowing the building up? Or conspiring with a guy who clearly hates his gut?

IF lex is afraid of superman's power then why the hell would he go out and create a being who is "like 5 supermen with a fist for a brain" as the nostalgia critic put it?

I could go on and on about things that don't make sense in the movie but like i said before no 3 or 4 hrs of extra footage is going to erase the film's s**ty writing.

Watched the UC and IMO it's still a garbage film, except now it's a garbage film that doesn't look like it was edited by an 8 yr old!

The dessert sequence makes no sense what so ever! Why the heck would superman need bullets to kill anyone? And why the hell wasn't lois called to testify in the hearing since SHE WAS ACTUALLY THERE!

The explosion at the senate made no sense, why the heck would superman need a bomb for the love of christ! And what would he gain from blowing the building up? Or conspiring with a guy who clearly hates his gut?

IF lex is afraid of superman's power then why the hell would he go out and create a being who is "like 5 supermen with a fist for a brain" as the nostalgia critic put it?

I could go on and on about things that don't make sense in the movie but like i said before no 3 or 4 hrs of extra footage is going to erase the film's s**ty writing.

I'm guessing then Superman still fails to talk to Batman before the fight despite having ample time to do so.

I'm guessing then Superman still fails to talk to Batman before the fight despite having ample time to do so.

Technically yes but I never had a problem with how it was represented in the first place. Yes, he tries to talk to him initially until Batman attacks. At that point, in my opinion, Clark gets annoyed with him and tries end it quickly with the sheer force of his powers to show Bruce he can't win. Hence the "stay down..." line on the rooftop. If Bruce relented then, I think the conversation would've been had.

Yeah, I get the argument/criticism of it. But, it just depends on how you interpret Clark's actions from the outset.

My interpretation is his mum is in danger so there was no reason for him to want to engage in a fight. But hey, movie title.....

My interpretation is his mum is in danger so there was no reason for him to want to engage in a fight. But hey, movie title.....

You still forget the other part of the equation...Bruce didn't give a ****. He was going to war, no matter what.

But, yeah, movie title...

Why the heck would superman need bullets to kill anyone?

I think you need to pay more attention next time,before crapping on something.It was clearly shown KGBeast burnt all the bodies to make it look like Superman heat visioned them,and then the actress who was paid by Luthor testified that after Superman came,"then came fire",thus implicating Superman.

Technically yes but I never had a problem with how it was represented in the first place. Yes, he tries to talk to him initially until Batman attacks. At that point, in my opinion, Clark gets annoyed with him and tries end it quickly with the sheer force of his powers to show Bruce he can't win. Hence the "stay down..." line on the rooftop. If Bruce relented then, I think the conversation would've been had.

Yeah, I get the argument/criticism of it. But, it just depends on how you interpret Clark's actions from the outset.

Also lets not forget,"Words dont stop him,you know what stops him?Fists."

I wouldnt be too keen to have chat with a guy either when the last thing he said to me was "Do you bleed?You will".

Since Louis was taken away by the chief she didn't see anything helpful. I'm sure when she was debriefed by the CIA she told them that. Who could of debunked Superman's involvement but they were too busy covering their own ass

Since Louis was taken away by the chief she didn't see anything helpful. I'm sure when she was debriefed by the CIA she told them that. Who could of debunked Superman's involvement but they were too busy covering their own ass
It's amazing how many people gender change Lois.:o

1. No one said Superman killed people with bullets. The Senate were told that because of Superman interfering, the government attacked the village. Lois was locked in a room while all this was happening remember.

2. Have you ever watched the news? They blow everything out of proportion and make up there own stories. The juiciest one would be that Superman was a co conspirator, and the evidence planted by Lex in Wally's apartment help that case.

3. Lex didn't want to have to create DD but it was a last resort. He thought he could control DD because he used his blood. Kinda silly for him to think that, and we were never out right told that. But you can assume that's the case with the , "blood of my blood" line.

Very good post matt. Agree with all of it.

In UE it makes sense. Clark investigates Batman, learns he inflicts justice as he pleases (while Superman gets all the **** for trying to do the best, so Clark is driven by thirst for justice (movie's title)) and confronts him during the chase, warns him to stop doing what he does. Then the branded guy is killed in prison, Clark receives the photos and investigates further, bumps into that woman, who says people like Batman understand only brute force. Before the fight, Clark is aware Batman was manipulated and tries to reason with him, but after two attempts he decided to follow that woman's advice, I suppose. So I think it really works in UE. In TC it's implied, but we have to make leaps of logic to get there.

OutofBoose already touched on this but having only watched the TC myself, what I took from that scene was that Superman went in to talk to Batman and reason with him and right away Batman wanted nothing to do with it. So, Superman realizes he would just need to subdue him and should be able to do so easily, Batman is still just a man after all, but Superman underestimates him and we see what ends up happening.

The UC has the quote by the woman that Clark is interviewing saying Batman only understands fists. So that plays even more into that confrontation with Batman at the end where Superman tries to talk to him then realizes he is forced to having to subdue him.

it's really sad that even with the existence of the UE, the version most people did and will watch is the TC.

I'm just thankful we are getting a version available that shows what the true vision for this film was. The buzz seems to be pretty good for the UC so I gather people will at least be aware that there is a better version of the film available that they may have disliked originally. That's at least something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"