BvS The BvS Rumor/Speculation Discussion Thread! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Lex wants to make Superman lose control, that's the perfect place to do it.

I think there is something off about Superman in certain shots while in the Senate... I just don't feel it's about him being affected by anything.

I know The Dark Knight trailers showed Dent, but was there any Two-Face footage?

They didn't quite show him entirely as Two Face. There was a trailer where you see the profile of Dent (in the car with maroni) and you can kinda make out the burnt edges along his nose. I agree, most films dont' have Batman v Superman, and for that, I think they'd save Doomsday for his own film. He would be a pretty marketable character and to have him for any length in the film and not tell anyone about it would seem odd to me. I could see a cameo or a hint about him near the end though.

I too agree that the senate hearing isn't about Zod. I've always said reasonable folks would never hate/blame Supes for that. I think it's maybe whatever happened in that Dia De Los Muertos scene? Or the spaceship thing? I think Superman got involved in something the Government wanted to stay out of, and now they're mad.

I really hope they don't go the mind control route. I'm not that opposed to it, but if Supes spends any time in BvS killing people the haters will never, ever stop. I'd much prefer Krypton's clone theory to that.

I just think he has a super serious look on his face during the committee meeting. He's probably being called to answer for something he didn't do. Another aspect I just thought of is maybe foes start coming out of the wood work to attack Superman. Some people may think if he wasn't here then it wouldn't instigate these attacks.

Part Four

batman-v-superman-trailer-041.jpg

We continue with Bruce looking at the messed up Robin suit. "Ha Ha Ha Jokes on you, Batman." These also happen to be the same words Zack Snyder tweeted when the Joker look was revealed.
"20 years in Gotham. How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?"
20 years as Batman --- Bruce usually starts his war on crime at age 20 so this puts current Bruce Wayne at age 40. He's 7 years older than Clark. There's no telling how old Diana is. We can also tell that the life of a vigilante is not all it's cracked up to be. It has taken it's toll on Bruce and his allies. So which Robin fell to Joker? Hard to tell at this time. However the costume and staff seem to indicate Tim.

batman-v-superman-trailer-042.jpg

Next we come to one of the most controversial scenes in the movie. The S-Soldiers kneel before Superman.

batman-v-superman-trailer-045.jpg

"He has the power to wipe out the entire human race."
I believe these S soldiers are part of a cult that sprung up and worships Superman and tries to bring his brand of justice to the world. And by spring up I mean put together by Lex Luthor with the intent to make Superman look bad. I think this is why someone spray paints "False God" on the Superman statue. I believe this scene is Superman going to confront them and they bow to him.

Bruce's dialogue also goes into why he feels he must stop Superman.

batman-v-superman-trailer-049.jpg

We next see Mecha Bats unleash the Bat symbol. You may remember in the leaked Comic Con teaser Superman appears in it looking supremely pissed, eyes glowing red. Batman does something to antagonize Superman. Could he have threatened Lois or Martha to draw out Superman???

"We have to destroy him."
I don't think this is dialogue directed towards Alfred. I think Batman is convincing Wonder Woman to join him in taking down Superman. Dialogue later on in the trailer seems to suggest that Alfred isn't on board with taking down Superman. During the CC panel Zack mentions the suit doesn't enhance Batman's strength. It helps him survive until someone else arrives (I am paraphrasing as I can't seem to find that panel on the internets) I believe this help is WW.

I just think he has a super serious look on his face during the committee meeting. He's probably being called to answer for something he didn't do. Another aspect I just thought of is maybe foes start coming out of the wood work to attack Superman. Some people may think if he wasn't here then it wouldn't instigate these attacks.

If it has to do with the Russian spacecraft scene, then it would make sense as to why an American is questioning Supes, especially it there is some tension (for some random reason) between the US and Russia during this time. This would make sense if they were really going with the Dark Knight Rises Storyline in a sense. IF there was a nuclear missile that went off from Russia causing the sun to go red, then the red son styled desert scene may make even more sense. Just a complete speculation here though.

Part five

batman-v-superman-trailer-050.jpg

Next we have a shot of someone snorkeling. They appear to be male and topless. Some have suggested that this is Aquaman as a boy. I don't think it is. Aquaman is said to be a cameo character and you don't spend time doing origins on cameos. Nick Fury didn't get one in Iron Man nor did Hawkeye get one in Thor. I believe this is Lex discovering Kryptonite that was created from the world engine.

batman-v-superman-trailer-051.jpg

We see seven riders on horseback. This could be the amazons. Not enough to really go on.

batman-v-superman-trailer-053.jpg

Zack Snyder takes his turn showing us the Wayne murders. This could tie into Bruce feeling powerless like he did watching his building fall and his people die.

batman-v-superman-trailer-056.jpg

We see the Batjet zooming over a burning section of Gotham. In the background we can see Metropolis separated by a body of water.

batman-v-superman-trailer-057.jpg

We see Lois reacting to something. This looks like the capitol scene and could be someone attacking to get at Superman.

If it has to do with the Russian spacecraft scene, then it would make sense as to why an American is questioning Supes, especially it there is some tension (for some random reason) between the US and Russia during this time. This would make sense if they were really going with the Dark Knight Rises Storyline in a sense. IF there was a nuclear missile that went off from Russia causing the sun to go red, then the red son styled desert scene may make even more sense. Just a complete speculation here though.

it's possible that Superman takes a more international approach and this upsets American Lawmakers.

Part Four

batman-v-superman-trailer-041.jpg

We continue with Bruce looking at the messed up Robin suit. "Ha Ha Ha Jokes on you, Batman." These also happen to be the same words Zack Snyder tweeted when the Joker look was revealed.
"20 years in Gotham. How many good guys are left? How many stayed that way?"
20 years as Batman --- Bruce usually starts his war on crime at age 20 so this puts current Bruce Wayne at age 40. He's 7 years older than Clark. There's no telling how old Diana is. We can also tell that the life of a vigilante is not all it's cracked up to be. It has taken it's toll on Bruce and his allies. So which Robin fell to Joker? Hard to tell at this time. However the costume and staff seem to indicate Tim.

batman-v-superman-trailer-042.jpg

Next we come to one of the most controversial scenes in the movie. The S-Soldiers kneel before Superman.

batman-v-superman-trailer-045.jpg

"He has the power to wipe out the entire human race."
I believe these S soldiers are part of a cult that sprung up and worships Superman and tries to bring his brand of justice to the world. And by spring up I mean put together by Lex Luthor with the intent to make Superman look bad. I think this is why someone spray paints "False God" on the Superman statue. I believe this scene is Superman going to confront them and they bow to him.

Bruce's dialogue also goes into why he feels he must stop Superman.

batman-v-superman-trailer-049.jpg

We next see Mecha Bats unleash the Bat symbol. You may remember in the leaked Comic Con teaser Superman appears in it looking supremely pissed, eyes glowing red. Batman does something to antagonize Superman. Could he have threatened Lois or Martha to draw out Superman???

"We have to destroy him."
I don't think this is dialogue directed towards Alfred. I think Batman is convincing Wonder Woman to join him in taking down Superman. Dialogue later on in the trailer seems to suggest that Alfred isn't on board with taking down Superman. During the CC panel Zack mentions the suit doesn't enhance Batman's strength. It helps him survive until someone else arrives (I am paraphrasing as I can't seem to find that panel on the internets) I believe this help is WW.

How random would it be if it was Red Kryptonite? I mean, for Supes to get as pissed as he is and (in the trailer) for him to unleash a full powered heat vision blast at the unarmored Batman that would obviously kill him if it hit him, this may make sense. I just think RK would be to cheesy. Maybe it is mind manipulation from Lex (may explain the scene where Supes bows to Lex). Maybe BM and WW face Superman basically in defense of their city and Supes finally snaps out of it. This would lead them to go after LL and face an Armored Lex Suit augmented with Kryptonite. Just an idea.

Yes, something big goes down at the Capitol Building, fairly large in scale.

We get our first look at Wonder Woman. She's jumping forward and crashing her bracelets together. If you look at this scene frame by frame you can see the bracelets begin to glow.

batman-v-superman-trailer-060.jpg

batman-v-superman-trailer-061.jpg

batman-v-superman-trailer-062.jpg

Behind her looks to be a wrecked Bat Jet. I think this scene is a three way Batman, Superman and WW fight. I know people expect a Doomsday/Bizarro/Zombie Zod (Zodbie???) fight but I think that's too much like every other time these guys fought in the comics. I don't think its Doomsday because of the blu-ray easter egg.

doomsday-is-this-the-villain-for-batman-vs-superman-dawn-of-justice-jpeg-255770.jpg

This isn't the work of a bored WB intern that thought it would be funny. Nothing gets put on these discs without the permission of Execs and higher ups and even the director. So Doomsday is out there...so he won't be a genetic anomaly created by Lex using Zod's genes.
Zombie Zod (my new rocker name) and Bizarro really have no proof or evidence to their being in this movie. These ideas have come from fake leaked scripts and because we see Zod's body then people are starting to believe them. I also don't think the guys that are aware enough to not do another alien invasion film would have the final act be yet another scrap with an evil kryptonian.
I don't think there is another super villain in this film or the physical threat people are expecting. I think most of the conflict will come from Lex manipulating things so Batman and Superman would fight.
At Comic Con when asked who would win Zack answered "My answer...I made a whole movie as my answer." (paraphrased...seriously why isn't that panel online yet)
Wonder Woman clashes her bracelets and we see this cool effect

batman-v-superman-trailer-063.jpg

Is it from her? is it the result of something hitting her bracelets? The footage suggests this is comes frothier but we just don't know. I'd like to think it's her because it's pretty bad ass.

Next we see Desert Commando Batman (TM)

batman-v-superman-trailer-064.jpg

Alfred asks "You're gonna go to war?"

batman-v-superman-trailer-065.jpg

Then we see the S Soldiers gunning down people.

batman-v-superman-trailer-066.jpg

and Batman doing what he does best.

One of the prevailing theories is that this is a dream sequence that one day Superman will rule the world and his armies shoot people. I don't ascribe to this theory. I don't think Batman really needs anymore reason to go after Superman.
What I think is happening is that this Superman Cult worships Superman and then reveals itself to be bad and working for Lex to make Superman look bad.

The Batmobile races past an exploding oil truck. This seems to be at a refinery. Which could account for all the fire in the scene with the Batjet overhead.

batman-v-superman-trailer-067.jpg

This looks to be the start of the three way fight...or one of them.

"He is not our enemy." Alfred insists.

batman-v-superman-trailer-072.jpg

This mirrors Colonel Hardy's admission in Man of Steel. "This man is not our enemy."
But we know Batman is a bit hard headed.

batman-v-superman-trailer-070.jpg

batman-v-superman-trailer-068.jpg

batman-v-superman-trailer-069.jpg

No commentary...that's just a bad ass scene..Batman kicking much butt.

Someone...seems to be Lex races to his building on a bike.

batman-v-superman-trailer-073.jpg

batman-v-superman-trailer-074.jpg

Looks like someone attacked Lex Corp. This could be Lex having the S-Soldiers attack his compound to make Superman look bad and a chance for him to play the victim.

batman-v-superman-trailer-075.jpg

Next we see Kryptonite for the first time. It appears to be dangerous to humans as well. It's in what looks to be a radiation proof container. This could be why Lex's hand is bandaged in the scene with Superman kneeling before him. This could be used as a means for him to lose his hair. He may not be bald until the end.

Batman jumps on Superman and the two go crashing through a skylight. Batman and skylights go hand in hand like peanut butter and chocolate

batman-v-superman-trailer-076.jpg

Superman could be powerless at this point and Batman is closing in for the kill. This could lead to the extra scene in the IMAX teaser where they run at each other.

WW get's slammed into concrete, shrugs it off and prepares to rejoin the fight.

batman-v-superman-trailer-081.jpg

"Black and Blue.."

Superman is flying over the burning section of Gotham. I believe this is part of the three way fight.

batman-v-superman-trailer-083.jpg

"God vs Man..."

Superman unleashes his heat vision

batman-v-superman-trailer-084.jpg

Batman grapple guns out of the way.

batman-v-superman-trailer-085.jpg

batman-v-superman-trailer-086.jpg

A lot of people use this scene as proof that they end up fighting some evil kryptonian at the end. Would Superman use his heat vision on a human? Batman may have exposed a weakness in Superman and Superman feels this will be a fight to the death. If Batman threatened Lois or Martha...

"Day vs Night..."

Here is something I noticed at my most recent watching of the trailer. Lex is saying this to Superman.

batman-v-superman-trailer-087.jpg

batman-v-superman-trailer-036.jpg

batman-v-superman-trailer-037.jpg

This appears to be the same scene. Lex is taunting Superman. "Hahahaha I made you guys fight each other...bam...have some Kryptonite." Not only is Lex taunting Superman but he is revealing himself to be the puppet master pulling the strings.

"The Red Capes are coming...the red capes are coming...."
This is a call back to the scene where Lex mentions the oldest lie in America. I don't think he's talking about devils coming from hell. That's not a lie that originated in America. Any lie that is said to be the oldest in America would have to come from Revolutionary times. I believe it has something to do with Paul Revere, who warned the colonists that the British army was marching.

We see Superman approach the Bat mobile and rip the doors off. Many suggest this is part of the team up. I don't think so.

batman-v-superman-trailer-093.jpg

Superman doesn't have a team up look on his face when he rips the doors off. This could be the start of the fight.

it's possible that Superman takes a more international approach and this upsets American Lawmakers.

Ooh, Action Comics #900 all over again.

We get our first look at Wonder Woman. She's jumping forward and crashing her bracelets together. If you look at this scene frame by frame you can see the bracelets begin to glow.

batman-v-superman-trailer-060.jpg

batman-v-superman-trailer-061.jpg

batman-v-superman-trailer-062.jpg

Behind her looks to be a wrecked Bat Jet. I think this scene is a three way Batman, Superman and WW fight. I know people expect a Doomsday/Bizarro/Zombie Zod (Zodbie???) fight but I think that's too much like every other time these guys fought in the comics. I don't think its Doomsday because of the blu-ray easter egg.

doomsday-is-this-the-villain-for-batman-vs-superman-dawn-of-justice-jpeg-255770.jpg

This isn't the work of a bored WB intern that thought it would be funny. Nothing gets put on these discs without the permission of Execs and higher ups and even the director. So Doomsday is out there...so he won't be a genetic anomaly created by Lex using Zod's genes.
Zombie Zod (my new rocker name) and Bizarro really have no proof or evidence to their being in this movie. These ideas have come from fake leaked scripts and because we see Zod's body then people are starting to believe them. I also don't think the guys that are aware enough to not do another alien invasion film would have the final act be yet another scrap with an evil kryptonian.
I don't think there is another super villain in this film or the physical threat people are expecting. I think most of the conflict will come from Lex manipulating things so Batman and Superman would fight.
At Comic Con when asked who would win Zack answered "My answer...I made a whole movie as my answer." (paraphrased...seriously why isn't that panel online yet)
Wonder Woman clashes her bracelets and we see this cool effect

batman-v-superman-trailer-063.jpg

Is it from her? is it the result of something hitting her bracelets? The footage suggests this is comes frothier but we just don't know. I'd like to think it's her because it's pretty bad ass.

[YT]pXP-uvc7DZs[/YT]

Ya know just because lex might be creating doomsday doesn't mean he'll be in this movie. I could see the trio bringing lex to justice, and while he sits in his cell he says something like "....this is just the beginning" and then cut to a shot of doomsday floating in a tank with mercy graves smiling in front of it. BOOM setup for justice league.

We see Superman approach the Bat mobile and rip the doors off. Many suggest this is part of the team up. I don't think so.

batman-v-superman-trailer-093.jpg

Superman doesn't have a team up look on his face when he rips the doors off. This could be the start of the fight.

My theory is that this is their first confrontation and is non-physical.

Ya know just because lex might be creating doomsday doesn't mean he'll be in this movie. I could see the trio bringing lex to justice, and while he sits in his cell he says something like "....this is just the beginning" and then cut to a shot of doomsday floating in a tank with mercy graves smiling in front of it. BOOM setup for justice league.

I don't think he'll create Doomsday because of the MOS blu-ray easter egg.

A lot of us that ascribe to the "Vision" theory dont think it is Batman who is having it but Wonder Woman. It isnt about Batman needing a reason, but why the heck would she get involved in a fight between the two? To me at least, I think what she sees is what would happen if these two go to war. Superman rules with an iron fist on one side and Batman fights him and his disciples on the other. She needs to stop it...

One thing that seems to get overlooked in the "Batman escapes Eye Laser" shot is that Batman isnt wearing the Mech Suit in that one. It is quite obvious that it is part of a different fight. As I watched the trailer again last night I had the thought that perhaps that was their first meeting, before they know who each other are. It probably takes place in the same scene Superman destroys the Batmobile and they face off. I think Batman is trolling Superman (for lack of a better word) to test his limits and to prove some theory.

This is what I do when I am trying to occupy my time...I doubt I am close but who cares :)

An Easter Egg is just that. That wouldn't stop them from using Doomsday if they wanted to.

Doomsday exsist's he doesn't need to be created by Lex or anybody again. That's what Roach is saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"