The Dark Knight If the first movie hadn't been so kickarse, people would be freaking out now

SpandexFan

Civilian
Reaction score
Let's be honest....

** The new costume that looks like Batman & Robin.
** Some of the Joker casting/make-up decisions.
** Getting rid of original cast members (Katie Holmes) and replacing them with new actors but trying to act like the movie character hasn't changed.

If not for the fact that Batman Begins was so freaking cool, admit it, many of you would be in full blown preproduction panic right now. :woot:

Amazing what trust in a director can do. :oldrazz:

costume looks like batman & robin?

If Begins blew, then I would have no faith in Nolan. Of coarse I wouldn't. But seen as though Begins was absolutely fantastic, I have faith in Nolan and his decisions. He knows best.

umm...i wouldnt be freaking out....i would be saying "maybe this is for the better"

i like the joker. i like the pod. i like the suit.

I agree, b/w the look of the Joker and the design of the Batpod if it wasn't for BB, people would be outraged. Granted, some people are pissed off but the majority like Nolan's ideas.

I thought begins was too bland and bogged down in its own attempts to be deep, badly edited, too much of a bruce wayne movie, too stupid with all the oneliners, and poorly written and acted except of course by the veterans in the game who basically copied and pasted performances from other movies into that one. In conclusion I'm being nice when I say I thought it was an average movie that became overrated because it was preceeded by batman and robin.

So I expect either more of the same or a vast improvement. One thing I'm glad to hear is that Nolan said he'd want to make a different movie than begins. thank god.

I thought begins was too bland and bogged down in its own attempts to be deep, badly edited, too much of a bruce wayne movie, too stupid with all the oneliners, and poorly written and acted except of course by the veterans in the game who basically copied and pasted performances from other movies into that one. In conclusion I'm being nice when I say I thought it was an average movie.

So I expect either more of the same or a vast improvement. One thing I'm glad to hear is that Nolan said he'd want to make a different movie than begins. thank god.
This, my friends, is an example of a "rejected film critic."

That's like the best piece of news ever.

Yeah, I know some people enjoyed that news. Scientology or Ammish, a hottie is a hottie, I really don't care what the tabloids say. :oldrazz:

But for me, I absolutely HATE it when they replace characters with a different actor in a franchise. Just kill the character and move on. :hyper:

thought begins was too bland and bogged down in its own attempts to be deep, badly edited, too much of a bruce wayne movie, too stupid with all the oneliners, and poorly written and acted except of course by the veterans in the game who basically copied and pasted performances from other movies into that one. In conclusion I'm being nice when I say I thought it was an average movie.

So I expect either more of the same or a vast improvement. One thing I'm glad to hear is that Nolan said he'd want to make a different movie than begins. thank god

I SOOOOO agree with this.

thought begins was too bland and bogged down in its own attempts to be deep, badly edited, too much of a bruce wayne movie, too stupid with all the oneliners, and poorly written and acted except of course by the veterans in the game who basically copied and pasted performances from other movies into that one. In conclusion I'm being nice when I say I thought it was an average movie.

So I expect either more of the same or a vast improvement. One thing I'm glad to hear is that Nolan said he'd want to make a different movie than begins. thank god

I SOOOOO agree with this.
You thought Begins was full of stupid one-liners? You thought Begins was poorly written? Man, do you people pull this crap out of your asses?

You thought Begins was full of stupid one-liners? You thought Begins was poorly written? Man, do you people pull this crap out of your asses?
if this was true then i am suprised that FF has fans and that it makes money.

Let's be honest....

** Getting rid of original cast members (Katie Holmes) and replacing them with new actors but trying to act like the movie character hasn't changed.

If not for the fact that Batman Begins was so freaking cool, admit it, many of you would be in full blown preproduction panic right now. :woot:

None of those things you've listed bother me at all. I like the new suit, I loved the Joker casting, I like what I've seen of his look, and I'll take Maggie over Katie any day... But trust in Nolan definitely helps.

I like some of the new suit. Not everything though.
I don't care a lot for the pod
I love the look of the Joker.
I didn't care that Holmes was replaced.
I don't think she brought anything special to the character anyway.
No I'm not freaking out.

Begins had its problems, sure. A few cheesy one-liners, mainlyt o do with the Tumbler. But well written other than that - the only over-written part for me being the 'fear scene' in the League of Assassins hideout. To say it was average and bland is, IMO, wrong.
TDK should be great, and the decisions Nolan etc have made so far have me very excited.
In conlcusion, the title of this thread is completely wrong.

Let's be honest....

You're looking for trouble with that statement.:whatever:

Some people still freaking out anyways.

This, my friends, is an example of a "rejected film critic."

Hey, Wesyeed loved Ghost Rider, Superman Returns and Hulk. He's the last person anyone should listen to about badly edited comic book films trying too hard to be deep. As for the laughable poor acting comment, well, what else do you expect from the guy who though Katie Holmes was the best thing in Begins? :dry:

I mean, come on, I can't even tell now if he's being sarcastic or not. He's joked around so many times that he himself has become a joke. Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"