If the Guauntlet fits, you must admit .... it's time for Thanos!

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Rock Sexton, Apr 20, 2013.

1. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

that's your opinion. For batman, I think it goes scarecrow/ra's<<Bane<<<Joker

2. blalex620

blalex620 Comics, Books, Games

It does help to be a layered villain but it doesn't always need to be. I mean people love General Zod and Lex Luther but their portrayals aren't always layered, they're just played very well. The other villains you named just had nothing compelling about them really.

I was just thinking this exact thing.
    Edited it for you.

3. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

*patiently waits for everyone to be disappointed when Thanos isn't actually the main villain of Avengers 2 or GotG*

4. Da Games Elite

Da Games Elite Well-Known Member

I think villains like memorable villains. Memorable does not necessarily equal layered. Take, for example, Jack Nicholson's Joker. He wasn't a layered, nuanced character, but the general public loved the character. If you think that a villain needs to be layered to be memorable, may I direct you to Star Wars. Three of its most popular villains, the Emperor, Boba Fett, and Darth Maul, are all straight up bad guys without any sympathetic history or back story presented in the films, nor are they ever shown to even be capable of doing good...but people love them because they're evil and badass. They leave an impact.

Thanos does not need to be sympathetic. Just awe inspiring.

5. Hyde

Hyde Ooga-Chaka

Who thinks that Infinity Gauntlet will be over and done with in A2? I always see a lot talk about it on the forums (and I bet most of those who do haven't read the comic), but I personally can't see it happening and I really hope it doesn't.

The IG storyline has enough potential to cover at least two, maybe three movies IMO.

6. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

It depends on whether or not the Gauntlet has already been constructed. So far, the references to the Gauntlet in the MCU show it already in its entirety in Odin's Treasury room. If that's Marvel Studios' story and they're stickin' to it, then a Gauntlet/Gems series isn't going to happen (because it's *already* happened in the cinematic world), and the focus instead will be on Thanos getting his glove back.

7. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

He'll make his big appearance at some point, and that's good enough for me. I kinda like the uncertainty about when

8. spideymouse

spideymouse Well-Known Member

From Jim Starlin's Facebook page:

9. blalex620

blalex620 Comics, Books, Games