If The Script is directed right. This movie will be good!

G

GIPete89

I've read the script and I've got to say its actaully really good. Of course theirs things that I dont like and things I love, but were not always going to be pleased.... thats life.... But my only concern is of course Stephen Sommers... If this movie is directed right I will be very happy and so will you. I will not throw spoilers out, but I will post them if you have any questions....

1. What is the date on the script you have?
2. diBonaventura claimed they originally wanted Snake Eyes to talk, but that Hama adamantly suggested he does not, and diBonaventura claimed he wouldn't. Does Snake Eyes talk in the script you have? If so, how many lines? If not, is a reason given for him not speaking?
3. Is Cobra Commander's mask described in the script? If so, how is it described.
4. How far into the movie until present day Destro gets the mask?

1. I have the final Stuart Beattie script, things could still change in a movie, but yes this is the final draft...
2. Snake Eyes does not talk in the movie. In the script basically Scarlett understands what he means.. But yes he doesn’t talk...
3. Cobra Commander is called THE DOCTOR in the whole movie and is actually in it a lot.... His mask is a life support mask that continually pumps air into his lungs and helps him speak because he is missing a vocal chord... I cannot wait to see how JGL does his voice... his lines as I’ve said before seem a lot like how he would talk on the GI Joe cartoons...
4. Destro gets the mask very late into the movie.. put it this way its the last time you see him and Commander on the screen. His face gets badly burnt and Commander saves him and puts the nano-mites in him so he can be controlled.. but the nano-mites cover his face also.. The cool thing is that how its explained it seems that the nano-mites create a mask that is basically like skin... So his face could still move... which I like a lot....

How is Zartan handled in the movie? Does he look like does in the comics/ cartoon? Hood, black eye make-up?

Are there any major character casualties? If so, who?

Why the hell do they refer to CC as
"The Doctor"?

Why the hell do they refer to CC as
"The Doctor"?
Theres been rumors that they don't call the group Cobra. As it would be to silly. So I guess they don't want to call him just commander.

Geez it sounds like I'm going to hate this movie. The name for CC is terrible, the mask sounds terrible, and Destro. Thumbs down. Why did they even bother hiring Hama if there not going to listen to him, and make up terrible ideas instead of taking notes from his wonderful 100+ run on Gi joe.

1. I have the final Stuart Beattie script, things could still change in a movie, but yes this is the final draft...
2. Snake Eyes does not talk in the movie. In the script basically Scarlett understands what he means.. But yes he doesn’t talk...
3. Cobra Commander is called THE DOCTOR in the whole movie and is actually in it a lot.... His mask is a life support mask that continually pumps air into his lungs and helps him speak because he is missing a vocal chord... I cannot wait to see how JGL does his voice... his lines as I’ve said before seem a lot like how he would talk on the GI Joe cartoons...
4. Destro gets the mask very late into the movie.. put it this way its the last time you see him and Commander on the screen. His face gets badly burnt and Commander saves him and puts the nano-mites in him so he can be controlled.. but the nano-mites cover his face also.. The cool thing is that how its explained it seems that the nano-mites create a mask that is basically like skin... So his face could still move... which I like a lot....
Maybe I'm in the minority, but 3 and 4 sound pretty cool.

It sounds better than I expected but, what is up with Cobra commander being called "The Doctor?" That sounds really cheesy.

Cobra is called The Doctor because that’s basically what he is in the movie.. He helps create Neo-Viper soldiers who feel no pain. You could tell throughout the script that he is going to be really great once they continue on the series, but honestly do they really need to explain this character... I love the script like I said, but I’m with most GI JOE fans who say why explain these characters.. Cobra Commander is a Terrorist you don’t have to explain why he is evil... Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s how I feel.... ok to more of the questions...

Zartan is the major player in THE DOCTOR / Commanders plan that we find out at the end of the movie.... He is not in the movie long, but he has the final shot in the movie...They do not explain how he looks all it says is a Brilliant, but vicious looking man... He does want money like the Zartan we know and he cracks his knuckles a lot.......

How the movie ends is that Zartan is in place as the president of the US.. Cobra does something to him... A lot may sound bad how I say it, but it all is actually good....

To the casualties…. Storm Shadow kills Cover Girl and stabs Gen. Hawk, but he doesn’t die.... This is when Baroness and SS along with troops attack the pit….

The ending is what I said about Zartan above; basically Cobra has the world by the balls at the end.....

Sounds interesting, I'm curious to see how these get played out on film ... Zartan's part sounds good, I just hope he looks OK. I'm also curious to see how JGL plays CC ... we'll see.

So what's Cover Girl's role in the script?

I dont remember much of what they say about her... I think she is basically an assistant to Gen. Hawk.... I dont remember what it says about her though

Cobra is called The Doctor because that’s basically what he is in the movie.. He helps create Neo-Viper soldiers who feel no pain. You could tell throughout the script that he is going to be really great once they continue on the series, but honestly do they really need to explain this character... I love the script like I said, but I’m with most GI JOE fans who say why explain these characters.. Cobra Commander is a Terrorist you don’t have to explain why he is evil... Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s how I feel.... ok to more of the questions...

Zartan is the major player in THE DOCTOR / Commanders plan that we find out at the end of the movie.... He is not in the movie long, but he has the final shot in the movie...They do not explain how he looks all it says is a Brilliant, but vicious looking man... He does want money like the Zartan we know and he cracks his knuckles a lot.......

How the movie ends is that Zartan is in place as the president of the US.. Cobra does something to him... A lot may sound bad how I say it, but it all is actually good....

To the casualties…. Storm Shadow kills Cover Girl and stabs Gen. Hawk, but he doesn’t die.... This is when Baroness and SS along with troops attack the pit….

The ending is what I said about Zartan above; basically Cobra has the world by the balls at the end.....

Interesting. This sounds like a pretty unexpected and unique ending for the first film in a series. The heroes are at a disadvantage. The only series I know of that accomplished this was Lord of the Rings. The villians in that series had the upper hand until the final act of the third film. This is the first time I've had a positive feeling towards this film since it when into production. Unfortunately, I'm still concerned about Marlon Wayan's role.

Thanks so much for the spoilers, GIPete. I really appreciate it.

Let me be more clear on my second question, though: Does the script describe how CC's mask and look visually? I ask because of this MTV article where JGL says CC is a "creature". Is he being literal or figurative? Is CC mutated or altered in some way (shades of Cobra-La) or just injured and then masked?

Honestly, the way you described it CC seems like a Darth Vader rip-off. Did he sound/feel that way on the page?

Are there any in-jokes or nods to GI Joe canon that stood out?

Ripcord is primarily comic relief, right? Supposedly in earlier drafts, Ripcord hit on Scarlett throughout, and she kisses him before the climactic battle. Is that in your draft?

Does Breaker or Heavy Duty have much to do or are they just filler?

CC is burnt and scarred...

I wouldn’t say he seems like Darth Vader, his words the way its written actually remind me of Cobra... Like this line I love.... now you tell me if this doesn’t sound like Cobra Commander.. This is what he says to Destro at the end of the movie....

" I want you to call me...... Commander. And from now on I'll be on a first name basis with you, DESTRO! "

to me that’s 100% cobra commander. I don’t mean to sound corny, but do your best cobra commander voice and say that line aloud.. lol it really works....

Ripcord is the comedian I really hope he works because his roll is very big.. If he doesn’t work the movie will take a hit.. Yes he and Scarlett kisses.... Also, Snake Eyes and Scarlett's relationship is more of a brother/sister type...

Breaker and Heavy Duty both have good screen time.....

Theirs a lot of jokes throughout the movie... none that I really remember...

I have the script, too, but I've lacked motivation to do a review. I tried to get through a few pages, but nothing really grabbed my fancy. I'll probably get around to writing a non-spoiler version tomorrow.

They don't use the name "COBRA," as the organization GI Joe battles is MARS, but they set up that

Rex/the Doctor's organization will be named Cobra due to his use of the snakes on Neo-Vipers- I think, from what I recall, when demonstrating their abilities to Destro he has two of them get bitten by a cobra to show they don't feel pain and to show the nano-mites neutralizing the Venom. Also, Ripcord isn't too obnoxious. In fact, in terms of ability he's pretty much Duke's equal. I really liked Breaker out of all the characters; the fact that he is written as French Tunisian, a VERY specific nationality, suggests they wanted Said Taghmoui for a part all along. Said is French/Moroccan, which is close enough for Hollywood.

Not a big fan of the Scarlett/Ripcord romance, but the way it was written it can be easily removed with just a few edits.

Thanks for the spoilers/review. I have a few questions for you.

1. Is Storm Shadow mind controlled in this movie? Is there any hint about Storm Shadow actually being a good guy? I ask this because Storm would not kill an innocent person. In the comics, he only joined Cobra to find out who killed his uncle (the Hard Master).

2. Do Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes have a shared/connected history in this movie?

3. Is Ripcard portrayed more like Stalker? Is he played seriously or more like a clown?

4. Is CC pretending to be an underling to Destro or is he more of an equal partner?

1. Storm Shadow is not mind controlled... No hints that he is good none at all he is actually very bad lol....

2. yes they do...

3. I think Ripcord is serious and a clown throughout towards the end he is more serious i would say....

4. Yes I would say CC is pretending to be a underling in ways.... Destro throughout the movie has a weird feelings towards THE DOCTOR as its written in the script....

The movie will be awesome! It has freakin' Channing Tatum in it!! :applaud

They did write a line for Snake-Eyes in the Beattie script.

The biggest affront besides everything else is Scarlett/Ripcord because a hot girl can't have a romantic relationship with a guy that can't talk. "It doesn't work." That's the official answer.

Being a huge joe fan, my biggest fear is this will be more like Rush Hour than an all out action movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"