Comics If you could undo one thing they've ever done...

Cyclops said:
I wouldn't. Undoing the past is pointless and cowardly. Taking two steps forward, then five steps back will only move you backwards.

Take what you've got, take what's happened, and build off of it. Don't be a ***** and erase what you didn't like.

no, be a *****! :mad:

I would undo the entire Morrison run... then again, there is little to undo since most of it has been undone. Maybe a little before that, I'd erase everything after Maximum Security and start again

I'd undo the mistake in the X-cutoners song where wolverine had his ribs shattered while they were still adamantium laced. oops.

:unishr:

i would have vetoed the part in the beasts solo series that turned him into a blue bigfoot give him his own series YES but not as a werewolf clone but a stocky human shaped mutant

Is this a retcon something thread, or a go back in time and prevent something from happening thread?

Cyclops said:
I wouldn't. Undoing the past is pointless and cowardly. Taking two steps forward, then five steps back will only move you backwards.

Take what you've got, take what's happened, and build off of it. Don't be a ***** and erase what you didn't like.

I agree with what Cyke is saying. The more you try to fix something in the past the more things will be messed up. If I was the writer of X-men I would stop wasting time in the past and move the series forward.
Tired of the Jean Grey ressurection...then keep her dead or bring her back but different.
Want to evolve Beast back to his ape-like abilities...then take it beyond that and make him a blue silverbacked ape.
I'd rather spend time building Bobby from a joke character into a a-lister.
I'd rather spend time making Scott the leader he should be rather than Emma's puppet.

Is this a retcon something thread, or a go back in time and prevent something from happening thread?

It's a go back in time thread.

I'm actually not saying X-Men should go spend some more time in the past. I'm just asking what you wish they'd never done at ALL. It's a different thing, and I don't think there's anything wrong with speculating along those lines.

Thanks for claryfication, rjb. In that case, I would go back to mid 1979 and tell John Byrne to redraw the page where he had Jean kill the D'Bari and switch it back to being an uninhabited star system like Claremont had written it so that none of those contrived Phoenix retcons would have ever taken place. The story wouldn't be so widely heralded as the best of the best had that occurred, but at least I wouldn't have to put up with the Storm fans insisting that Jean and Phoenix are two different woman, since they're the only ones who argue it that way. Them and the Rachel lovers.

there are sooooooooooooo, so many mistakes and stupid ideas that ruin interesting characters

but im gonna go with the whole swap jean and psylocke powers in between issues and never explaining it thing

Seconded and motioned!
was the whole point of the 6 month gap just to confuse and irritate people?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"