If you Don't like the movie - POST HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, you're never gonna get exactly what ya want, so you may as well lie down, open wide and get what you're given! :word:

"Maybe it's time to move on."

They would rather die then move on. I think they LIKE the bickering & the fighting over opinions & they wont admit it but you know what they say actions speak louder then words & the mods must be enjoying seeing all of this bickering as well.

How big of a role does Moira McTaggart have? What story does she factor into?

*Sorry, spoiler. As you know from the comics, she has some history with Xavier.

Why say this when there's no mention of Moira's history with Xavier in X3?

And of course, this is as an outsider looking in, not as a scriptwriter, it seems to me that some of these smaller roles won't really add much to the storyline in terms of character development, so why not just use Gambit so we could get a fix, until he could be maybe expanded on in a later film?

*Trust me, we considered giving Gambit a cameo. But ultimately, it felt like a waste. We want him to have a prominent role when he hits screens for the first time. Unfortunately, we couldn’t find a way to make him an integral part of our plot. If we gave him a little cameo, I have a feeling you and other Gambit fans (myself included) would have complained that his part wasn’t big enough. Just like Beast and Angel, he needs a big entrance and a big role. Otherwise, it feels like we’re blowing our shot. I found myself a little frustrated with Kitty in the first two films because she was always background action, and I didn’t want fans to be sitting there thinking, “is that all we get from Gambit??”

What? You thought Angel's role in X3 was big Simon?!!!!

Are you under contract,or does Fox have an option on you for X4?

*I have no contract or option for X4. I would love to keep working with this cast, and I grew up with the X-Men, so I would definitely be interested if X4 gets off the ground.

Yeah right. How can you continue to work with this cast if half of it has been written out of any future sequels after the events of X3?

Is the opening scene as action packed as X2's or is it a non-action scene?

*I believe I answered this. The first scene is an extremely dramatic scene that will have any real fan on the edge of his/her seat. You will see some of our main characters in ways you’ve never seen them.

Are you seriously talking about the opening scene of Charles and Magneto meeting Jean Grey for the first time?

Speaking of Shohreh, how is she in person? I was a big fan of hers when she was on 24. Amazing actress.

*She’s an incredible actress. And a consummate professional. I think she has one of the best voices I’ve ever heard

I agree. She really blew me away with her six lines of dialogue Simon.:whatever:

I wanted to ask about Storm's role in the movie. Now I know you have talked about how dramatic her scenes are and that she will have some great action sequences. My question is would Storm play a more integral part to the story this time around in terms of moving the story forward?

*She plays a far more integral role. She steps up as a leader, in many ways. And she is a critical voice in the debate over one of the film’s central issues. I also think you’ll see a new strength to her character – both emotionally and physically.

If by emotional strength you mean acting *****y and unsympathetic towards friends then who am I to argue.

What can you tell us about Bill Duke's role in X3? Is he a background/minor character or is he more involved with the political aspect of the plot?

*Bill has a substantial role in the film. He’s involved with the political side of the plot.

I agree. His four lines of dialogue showed that his role was very significant.:whatever:

I know it's not nice to gloat, but TLS isn't nominated to any MTV Movies Awards, which is the only type of awards Ratner's style applies to. :hyper:

Oh Jeebuz. Are you people still at this? Why it's been over a year for TLPOS, and over seven for the rest of this crap called X-men movies. I am amazed. If I can let the anguish and pain of the disaster that was the first and second movies go, then so can ya'll.

Besides Spiderman 3 is coming out, and rumor has it that the retcon of that first movie, the ridiculous amount of villians, and the blatent disregard of comic cannon may make it a train wreck.

I can't wait.

Besides Spiderman 3 is coming out, and rumor has it that the retcon of that first movie, the ridiculous amount of villians, and the blatent disregard of comic cannon may make it a train wreck.

I can't wait.

Ah Goddess, forever the optimist. :woot:

Oh Jeebuz. Are you people still at this? Why it's been over a year for TLPOS, and over seven for the rest of this crap called X-men movies. I am amazed. If I can let the anguish and pain of the disaster that was the first and second movies go, then so can ya'll.

I can't wait.

Actually the reviews for SM3 have been overwhemingly positive.

Only time will tell if it has a much more darker, emotional, and epic edge compared to X3.

*She plays a far more integral role. She steps up as a leader, in many ways. And she is a critical voice in the debate over one of the film’s central issues. I also think you’ll see a new strength to her character – both emotionally and physically.

If by emotional strength you mean acting *****y and unsympathetic towards friends then who am I to argue.
I'm curious to know which 'central issue' this refers to:
a) When she told Logan they should treat Jean like an enemy (and came off heartless), or,
b) When everyone wanted to close the school and as soon as she said not to everyone suddenly became awe-inspired by her wisdom and strength (which seemed very contrived)

Contrary to popular belief, I have been watching the goings-on in this thread for the last couple of weeks...but I decided to take a different route and instead of raining down tons of warnings and slaps on the wrists, I opted for silent observation. I wanted to see if you guys could siphon off your personal conflicts on your own and focus your energies on the movie--and not eachother, as I've repeatedly warned you to do so.

Apparently, that balance will never be struck with this combination of posters. The entire point of this thread has been lost in the personalized mire it has become known for. However, I think everyone has sufficiently expressed their position on X-Men: The Last Stand.

Therefore, this thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"