IGN Releases HD Trailer! And New Posters!

Picollo IS GREEN! Why is he SO green in the trailer? All of the other shots he's yellowish. Did Fox decide to make a quick final change?
i think they changed him. will post pics soon

does it matter? you guys so wanted green! well you got green! be happy

does it matter? you guys so wanted green! well you got green! be happy
people are happy that he is green. but doesnt change the fact that FOX is a bad studio. and this is what its all about.
if this movie makes money you think a different studio will make the sequel?

Yes if only they made Dragonball like TDK ?

Are u serious, Dragonball = Talking animals, dinosaurs, flying clouds dogs that are police cheifs, aliens, hardcore assassin teams that do stupid dances....

Come on u wanted something close to the source material, thats what we are getting.

The style with the bright colours wacky costumes over-exagerrated fight moves, is what it's about, right.

I love the trailer, and looking foward to the film :)

I think Dragon Ball should be stylized, as much as Speed Racer was.

But for some reason here, it looks kinda cheap. Maybe it's my blind hatred for Fox that's making me feel like this.

Last edited:
it could be the hatred.

i have tons of prolems with this movie. but the look of the sky....orange,pink and blue colors was a good idea. it could eb mroe stylized but the look is not a comeplete disaster.

Im sick of everyone bringing every movie into TDKa scaled

Well, if you don't try to take your source material seriously and make your project as grand as possible, you shouldn't try really.

I say this trailer looks decent, very stylized action, as a Dragonball movie should.

I had lost all hope for this movie, but this trailer has put me back into 'wait and see' mode once again.

Well, if you don't try to take your source material seriously and make your project as grand as possible, you shouldn't try really.

Yes, cause it worked so well for TDK when they had Batman wear grey spandex and let Two-Face live on in the franchise like the comics source material :huh:

I can live without the talking pigs, talking cats, and Goku sitting on a cloud flying around.

I just saw an interview with the actress that plays Chi-Chi sure its old but it confirmed something I have been speculating about. Which is the fact that Chi-Chi is the girl that Goku wants but cant have in Highschool she is the "It girl" as the actress kindly put it who dates the Jock. Oh my how ****ing original kudos to the brilliant minds that came up with this very same repetitive formula, let me guess the kids Goku are beating on in the trailer are friends of Chi-Chi jock boyfriend. And I bet once Chi-chi witnesses Goku awesome skills she falls head over heels in love with him and they also have an upside down kiss, oh how awesome I cannot wait for this amazing original film that brings something new to the table.

Although I love Gokus personality, I can see why they would change it. A lot of the naysayers don't like Dragonball/Z and this film simply because it looks "ridiculous". Now imagine if you keep Goku's kind hearted,happy go lucky personality. While the Japanese and those of us who have knowledge of the series (No matter what country we originate from) know thats the way Goku acts, Americans with no prior knowledge of the anime/manga will just think he is one big naive baffon whos not "gritty and realstic" enough for them to take seriously as the "savior" of planet Earth. So because of the general expectation within the American pshyche of what constitutes as a hero in America, Gokus personality might have been changed to a dull teenager (ugh) who later turns into the brave and courageous defender of the Earth when danger threatens his family and friends to fit this American mold of what a "hero" is supposed to be. A carefree, naive, constantly happy protaganist wouldn't cut it for American audiences, after "The Dark Knight" all heroes must have a dark and complex past/history to be taken seriously apparently.

Of course it could also have something to do with the fact that goku just saw his beloved grandpa die. I mean in the manga/anime the granpa was long dead, if he had been murdered in episode 1 then goku wouldn`t have been carefree and happy.

Also goku doesn`t treat al situations in a casual manner, whenever a villain threatens the earth or his family/friends he turns serious and lets be fair in a db movie franchise 90% of the time a villain would be threatening earth or his friends/family.

Yes, cause it worked so well for TDK when they had Batman wear grey spandex and let Two-Face live on in the franchise like the comics source material :huh:

Don't compare it with TDK. Unlike Dragonball Batman is set in a world very much like ours. He is already wearing armor in the comics, you just get rid of the spandex to make it work in a realistic setting.

Dragonball is 100% pure and crazy fantasy. You have a lot more options than a simple TDK or X-Men treatment.

Of course it could also have something to do with the fact that goku just saw his beloved grandpa die. I mean in the manga/anime the granpa was long dead, if he had been murdered in episode 1 then goku wouldn`t have been carefree and happy.

Also goku doesn`t treat al situations in a casual manner, whenever a villain threatens the earth or his family/friends he turns serious and lets be fair in a db movie franchise 90% of the time a villain would be threatening earth or his friends/family.

Even when in serious situations and on the verge of death Goku still manages to crack a smile and a few jokes now and then.

Even when in serious situations and on the verge of death Goku still manages to crack a smile and a few jokes now and then.

When the chips are actually down and the fate of the world is at stakes he ain`t kidding about. I mean i can`t remember him being light hearted when in the final fights with vegeta or frieza or cell or buu or super 17 or bebi. Yes he ocasionally did something goofy but are they really gonna have 2 mins of building up how goku has to stop the world getting annihilated and then have him pull a silly face? Maybe he does do light hearted things but they aren`t gonna put them in the trailer, i`ve watched a lot of action films with fun moments but most of them didn`t put the funny moments in the trailer, they put the big explosions and wirework in the trailer. The goofy moments are the nice surprises to discover while watching the movie.

When the chips are actually down and the fate of the world is at stakes he ain`t kidding about. I mean i can`t remember him being light hearted when in the final fights with vegeta or frieza or cell or buu or super 17 or bebi. Yes he ocasionally did something goofy but are they really gonna have 2 mins of building up how goku has to stop the world getting annihilated and then have him pull a silly face? Maybe he does do light hearted things but they aren`t gonna put them in the trailer, i`ve watched a lot of action films with fun moments but most of them didn`t put the funny moments in the trailer, they put the big explosions and wirework in the trailer. The goofy moments are the nice surprises to discover while watching the movie.

Yes even when the chips are down he makes quirky remarks, he did it against, Freiza, he did it against Cell and he did it against Buu.

Yes even when the chips are down he makes quirky remarks, he did it against, Freiza, he did it against Cell and he did it against Buu.

Yeah but they wouldn`t put that in the trailer. If they show him wise cracking every five secs people will think its a full on comedy with bits of action.

i dont remembber. i have been now searching on youtube an episode but i can not find it. at the beginning or when he was already SSJ?

i dont remembber. i have been now searching on youtube an episode but i can not find it. at the beginning or when he was already SSJ?

At the beginning and after he became a SS.

The posters aren't too bad, but the one of just Goku would, IMO, look a little better if he didn't have his mouth open like that. Just makes it look a bit corny.

is someone seriously complaining that piccolo is toooo green?!?! god some people are just friggin annoying

Wha...? Who's complaining about Piccolo's color now?

the Wachowski's would have made a Dragon Ball movie that puts every other martial arts movie to shame. they were born to direct Dragon Ball.

I agree completely. Despite the fact that SR wasn't a good movie, if they had made DBE like they did with SR this would've been an amazing movie. Plus Neo vs Agent Smith in the Matrix trilogy was like Goku vs Vegeta, so the Wachowski Bros already had it figured out. Too bad now DBE is in the incompetent hands of Fox.

I agree completely. Despite the fact that SR wasn't a good movie, if they had made DBE like they did with SR this would've been an amazing movie.
glad you agree, but that's not a fact. i really liked Speed Racer, i'd even go so far as to say i LOVED it. it didn't make much money nor did it gain a lot of critical praise, but that doesn't make it a bad movie. it's not for everyone, but i think it's a very underrated movie.

Plus Neo vs Agent Smith in the Matrix trilogy was like Goku vs Vegeta, so the Wachowski Bros already had it figured out. Too bad now DBE is in the incompetent hands of Fox.
yeah, the Wachowski's are the new kings of action as far as i'm concerned. they're pretty good story tellers as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"