Top 10 Games of the Decade.

My list of favorites in no particular order (note that there's no numbering ;)):

Half-Life 2
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (vastly, vastly superior to Oblivion in my book)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (I know, I'm weird, but I prefer it to all the other GTA games)
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Mega Man Legends 2
Portal
Shadow of the Colossus
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (only 'cause the original came out in '99)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (probably would've been Mass Effect, but KotOR has a better story and ME has all that Mako crap)

Last edited:
Mass Effect
God of War
Golden Sun
Bioshock
Elder's Scroll: Oblivion GOTY
Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
Kingdom Hearts
Resident Evil 4
DMC 3

and...

Geometry Wars ^_^

Yup, just like in my list...Going Commando is still the best of the Ratchet and Clank series. :up:

I see. I hope they may an ES5 soon. I have no interest in Fallout 3. A gritty post-apocalyptic setting is as tired as WWII FPS.

I thought Morrowind looked like complete ass. I couldnt get past the visuals long enough to enjoy the title, altho, i did play the game late, so maybe i had already been spoiled by the visuals seen on the 360. Had i of played it when it first released, i prob would of had a different experience b/c i loved Oblivion.

As for my top 10 of the decade, they'd have to be:

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune/Uncharted: Among Thieves

Metal Gear Solid 2/Metal Gear Solid 3/Metal Gear Solid 4

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30

Hitman: Blood Money

Fallout 3

Call of Duty 2

Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Resident Evil: Code Veronica

I see. I hope they may an ES5 soon. I have no interest in Fallout 3. A gritty post-apocalyptic setting is as tired as WWII FPS.

And high fantasy games aren't?

I prefer the more rudimentary visuals of Morrowwind.
It leaves space for input of the players imagination like reading a book. Dragon Age also has this problem too compared to Baldur's Gate as do many games with higher production values, everything's a bit spoon fed these days.

Last edited:
And high fantasy games aren't?

I actually prefer the more rudimentary visuals of Morrowwind.
It leaves space for input of the players imagination like reading a book. Dragon Age also has this problem too compared to Baldur's Gate as do many games with higher production values, everything's a bit spoon fed these days.

True. But I'd much rather look at a Middle-Earth like setting than ravaged city. There's more variety (or at least potential for variety) than the latter.

True. But I'd much rather look at a Middle-Earth like setting than ravaged city. There's more variety (or at least potential for variety) than the latter.

Yea i think im with you. I love the landscape of an Oblivion type game. I mean i enjoy the wasteland for fallout, but that fantasy, 'middle earth' type setting is more appealing for me, then again, maybe its because it doesnt scream death the way a wasteland does.

My list

Max Payne (Xbox)
Resident Evil (GC)
Batman Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Xbox)
Eternal Dakness (GC)
Twisted Metal Black (PS2)
Resident Evil 4 (GC)
Metal Gear Sold 3 (PS2)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Xbox 360)
Condemned Criminal Origins (Xbox 360)

I'd be happy with either. Well, I guess I will be happy with Fallout: New Vegas. But if they return to The Elder Scrolls, I'd be happy with that too. I just hope they go to one of the realms that looks a bit less like a conventional sword-and-sorcery setting. Vvardenfell is much more visually interesting to me than the very standard medieval-looking Cyrodiil.
I thought Morrowind looked like complete ass. I couldnt get past the visuals long enough to enjoy the title, altho, i did play the game late, so maybe i had already been spoiled by the visuals seen on the 360. Had i of played it when it first released, i prob would of had a different experience b/c i loved Oblivion.
Oh, it definitely looks very dated by today's standards. That's probably why there are like hundreds of graphical enhancement mods for the PC version. But I played it pretty close to release and absolutely loved it. Whatever graphical improvements Oblivion made came at the expense of a lot of the richness of Morrowind's RPG side. And I know that's probably hypocritical of me to say, given some comments I've made about Mass Effect 2 and Fallout 3 being enjoyable in spite of abandoning some of their RPG qualities for shooter mechanics, but I'm hypocritical all the time, so whatever. :oldrazz:
Oh, that did come out this decade didn't it. Hmm...
Yep. And, in my opinion, MML2 is the better of the Legends games, to boot.

You know you want to change one of your games now. :hehe:

My list

Max Payne (Xbox)
Ooh, I should've found a spot for that myself. I was massively in love with that game when I first played it. Hell, I played it again last year thanks to Steam and it still holds up remarkably well.

My list

Max Payne (Xbox)
Resident Evil (GC)
Batman Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360)
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Xbox)
Eternal Dakness (GC)
Twisted Metal Black (PS2)
Resident Evil 4 (GC)
Metal Gear Sold 3 (PS2)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Xbox 360)
Condemned Criminal Origins (Xbox 360)

I cant believe i forgot to add that. Thats easily one of my favs of all time, not just this decade.

No order:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Psychonauts
Kingdom Hearts 2
MGS3
Hitman:Blood Money
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
inFamous
Jak 2
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (Going Commando is still special to me, but UYA is like an upgraded version of that)

I have yet to play the Mass Effects and Bioshocks and all the other games people are currently raving about, probably won't until the next decade begins either :(

Of this past decade only? That's a bit hard to determine:
  • Prototype (PC)
  • Resident Evil 4 (Leon is my favorite RE character from my favorite game series, it's a Capcom game on PS2, pure awesomeness)
  • PC Spider-Man 3: I'm a Spidey-Holic, and this game easily entered my top 5 all time favorite games, for too many reasons, including the rare mostly amusing glitches (I finished the game 25 times so far, each glitch happened one time only, and they are little). No, it's not a clone of Spider-Man 2, so many things here are improved, some things are downgrade from the greatness of Spidey 2, I think this one is easily the superior one, especially with having some of the greatest scores for a Spider-Man game. It has one of the best swinging mechanics in a video game, interiors are amazing, a real imaginative game.
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica X: Puzzles, Claire & Chris, Wesker, fixed camera with some smoothness, great graphics, capcom, PS2, just awesome
  • Spider-Man 2 PS2: Second best Spidey game, I just love Mysterio and swinging from helicopters, going to Liberty Island
  • Onimusha 3: Demon Siege

[*]Onimusha: Warlords

[*]Ultimate Spider-Man (PS2/PC)

[*]Resident Evil 5

[*]Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks + King of Fighters 2003

Resident Evil (Gamecube)
Resident Evil 4
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Max Payne
Batman AA
Twisted Metal Black