The Comics I'm confused...

nbaballer101

Civilian
Reaction score
I want to read the comics and I see that there are 3 volumes out right now

Extremis, Execute Program, and Civil War

However, I looked at what Vol. 4 will be and it doesn't collect 15-20??

Can someone care to explain?

and will they make an even bigger hardcover collecting the series?

The collection you're looking for is Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. vol. 1. Collects #15-18. The changed the name of the comic and continued the Invincible numbering. However, this week will see the re-launch (again) of Invincible Iron Man, starting at #1.

I'm not sure, but there's a good chance they do.

I want to read the comics and I see that there are 3 volumes out right now

Extremis, Execute Program, and Civil War

However, I looked at what Vol. 4 will be and it doesn't collect 15-20??

Can someone care to explain?

and will they make an even bigger hardcover collecting the series?

yeah, in a way Vol 3 is really the Director of Shield TPB, not Civil War.
The Civil War Iron Man volume won't make much sense unless you at least read the Civil War main mini-series as well.

After Extremis, the Kauf team took over writing the Iron Man book, and Execute Program was their first story- it was OK.
Civil War happened, which ate up a couple of issues, and soon after that they renamed the book Iron Man Director of Shield. The series got better and better, and then really hit its stride in issue 21, when the Haunted arc started. The Haunted tpb ships in July, but the seires is only up to issue 29 right now. Won't be too hard to grab the last 8 issues at a comic shop.

More importantly, you can't miss Extremis: it was one of the best IM arcs in years.
Also introduces the Extremis enhancements to Tony Stark/ IM, which fundamentally changed the character. All of Granov's covers are included.
(Just sucks that Granov chose to make Tony look just like Tom Cruise. Bugged the **** outta me then, and still does.)

The must-read stuff (IMHO) is Extremis, Director of Shield especially from from #21 on, and The Invincible Iron Man, which just started this month. (and is fantastic. #2 comes out in a week, I think)

edit: oh- didn't notice the OP was nearly a month old! I'm sure you've figured all of this out by now.
My bad... guess this board moves kinda slow... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"