Deadpool I'm glad the R-rated action genre is back!

Hordakfan

Civilian
Reaction score
Thanks to the successes of Olympus has Fallen, The Equalizer, John Wick, Deadpool and Django Unchained and Kingsmen, just when fans of old school action fans missed the violent r-rated action genre well now it's back.

With the successes of those, Hollywood can realize there is an audience for R-rated actioners with good writers/directors/word of mouth/likable main actor and more.

Also provided that they are budgeted appropriately. R rated action movies are never going to displace the PG-13 blockbuster for bringing out the mass audience ( though Deadpool came close ), so you need to remember not to throw 200+M at the movie.

This is how things should be where the kids get jealous of grown ups getting to see many of the best action movies right away while they might have to wait years.

I've watched too may movies in the last 16+ years rolling my eyes knowing they would be better with even a little bit harder content. The feeling of restraint often bleeds through the screen.

All that being said, totally agree that these will not displace PG13 blockbusters from the top of the heap.

Also provided that they are budgeted appropriately. R rated action movies are never going to displace the PG-13 blockbuster for bringing out the mass audience ( though Deadpool came close ), so you need to remember not to throw 200+M at the movie.

It came close?

With more than $780 million dollars worldwide it made more than studios hope for their PG-13 flicks.

Deadpool is a box office phenomenon, and it showed execs that you can still make R-rated action blockbusters in this day and age.

It just has to click with the audience.

Agreed. It much better for Deadpool because he suit that R rated action and language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"