Deadpool 2 Tim Miller exits Deadpool 2

Leitch would be a dream in come true, and dare I say, a possible improvement over Miller? Didn't think either of the John Wick guys would be possible to be very frank. Especially after how Marvel got them both Leitch and Stahelski to do second unit on CW - I figured they might be in the mix to direct one of their films.

Well, Tim Miller has worked on several Marvel Studios pics (and was also helping out on Civil War), so it's not like the studio owns their lives, unless there's an exclusive deal.

I'd much rather have Leitch on Deadpool 2, than any Marvel Studios production.

Leitch is an interesting choice I wouldn't be opposed to. Interestingly, he seems like someone who would be able to pull off the stylized action that we're hearing Miller wanted to do. My thought was Guy Ritchie, who would handle the comedy quite well in a similar tone. But if this happens, it won't be bad.

First Class, Kick Ass, and Kingsman were all doubles to me.

None were home runs like Deadpool.

To me, all of those handled their satire and comedy much better than Deadpool did. I would rather have the kind of homage/ satire take of Kingsman that allowed it to stand well on its oun at the same time it referenced the past, than just references like Deadpool did. Even Kingsman's villain was many levels above Deadpool's.

A Matthew Vaughn Directed Deadpool film could be something quite special, IMAO.

14601120_10154655429421617_4829871227985920490_n.jpg

interesting enough the hollywood reporter is reporting its not confirmed yet

Leitch's name first emerged Monday but insiders said the studio and producers were meeting with other potential candidates. Drew Goddard and Magnus Martens, a director on Marvel's Netflix series Luke Cage, were other filmmakers mentioned on the studio's meeting list. But Leitch's name remained consistently on top of the list and the director met with Reynolds in New York on Thursday, according to sources.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-direct-deadpool-2-replacing-tim-miller-94112

Variety has back-paddled on the news, as well. I hope they sign him on as soon as possible.

Well, after the positive buzz the name garnered, seems like Fox would go ahead with him, seeing how many see him as the ideal choice. Hopefully that's the case. Otherwise, that'd be a bunch of positive news- following Miller's departure- all for naught.

Last edited:
Collider:
‘Deadpool 2’: Tim Miller Speaks Out About Leaving the Sequel

io9:
Something Doesn't Add Up About Tim Miller's Reason for Leaving Deadpool 2

All I know is if Ryan Reynolds is stupid enough to hire Leslie Jones Im avoiding this movie not a problem for me thats an easy $30ish + bucks saved

Leslie Jones? What does she have to do with anything?

Looks like she wants to be in the Movie.

"I would love to be just the sidekick just feeding him back the lines," the comedian said.

When asked if she would want to have superpowers, she said she just wants "to be loud" and have a powerful scream that would make "everybody's clothes just come off of them."

I don't have anything against her, but no. Heck no. Deadpool's shenanigans are only bearable, because most of the people around him act all serious. I don't want him to have a sidekick, that only amplifies the nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"