I'm going bald

ElectroFlare

Mightiest Mortal
Reaction score
I'm 19 years old and i'm going bald. I hate genetics. I have two options

Let it fall out on its own.

Shave my head.

I know you don't care, but tell me what you think...Cause I cut my hair short already(I used to have hippie-style hair) and my girlfriend misses that hair already.

This is the best pic I could find of what my hair looks like currently...I had the same haircut on my prom night. I tried to find a solo pic of me but didn't have one ready. So anyway...

claireonmyback.jpg

That's me...shave or let it go?

Use clippers on it, with the Number 1 attachment. Its better than shaving.

Shave it off like a normal man. Don't combover, don't try and use medical treatments. The shaved head look goes with anything. Professional world, party world, whatever.

You don't look like you are going bald to me. Is it thinning out quickly, because it doesn't really look like it's receding.

A few of my friends hair are receding and because of my full head of thick hair the named me Perfect Hair Forever after that Adult Swim Show. :o I'm not sure if that's a compliment, since I'm not familiar with the show. :(

It's cancelled, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I started to go bald in my late 20's and I decided to shave it completely.

And I've been doing so since 1996 and I don't plan to stop.

Good luck.

:)

Themanofbat said:
I started to go bald in my late 20's and I decided to shave it completely.

And I've been doing so since 1996 and I don't plan to stop.

Good luck.

:)

Shaving seems to be your answer to everything. :o

Based on the picture you have shown, you're not a bad looking guy. I think if you shaved it, you'd look fine. Some people don't look good with a shaved head, but I don't think you'd fall in that category.

Shaving your head will allow you an element of dignity and grace. I agree with Terry78. If you try to do treatments or wigs, etc. you may end up looking like a caricature, and that's not a very dignified way to look. Furthermore, it's just hair. It's not your fault that you may be going bald prematurely. Some people do. Some people go grey when they are in their teens. It's not going to make you less of a person, and anyone who is a genuine friend will understand that.

Again, my personal feeling is that you should shave it. It will definitely look better than a comb over, or having hair on the sides and back.

Shave it, then start wearing wife-beaters :up: You can calm your from the wrong side of the tracts.

in all honesty folks, habouring a shaved head in your late teens early 20s is a lil bizzare

wait a few more years till it's a bit blatant until you hit the razor, enjoy your hair for the time you have it for.

I thought I was going bald like a year ago, but then I got a haircut, and my hairline barely receded. My hair had just thinned a tad.

I suggest seeing what you look like with a short haircut before you decide you're going bald

When I have my hair long, it looks like it's thinning

You wish you had hair like the god of full house DANNY TANNER!!!

Thanks to Son Of Logon !!!!

I know its Logan, but Logon was my orginal thinking lol.

I don't advise going from a full head of hair to the shaved look. Mentok and Carter have the right idea.

Start trimming your hair really short as opposed to completely shaving it all off. Then, if you notice that your hairline is really receding you can resort to shaving your head...and it won't seem so drastic a change.

I have a better idea, let it grow and then get jamaican dreadlocks, after a while it should look amusing, specially if you have clumps of locks hanging by little threads of hair
amusing, I tell you

Odin's Lapdog said:
in all honesty folks, habouring a shaved head in your late teens early 20s is a lil bizzare

wait a few more years till it's a bit blatant until you hit the razor, enjoy your hair for the time you have it for.

Who are you to make that claim when plenty of people sport the bald look?

8Ball2/JanG5 said:
Who are you to make that claim when plenty of people sport the bald look?

He's right though, it does look a little bizarre for such a young guy to have a completely shaved head.
He should really just cut it short

Its not receding up front, its actually thinning in the back. The other day my girlfriend has noticed it started receding in the front though.

And that pic was more then a year ago, before i started balding. Its just the same haircut i have now

thinning in the back?
Oh thats not good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"