Guardians of the Galaxy I'm Mary Poppins Y'all ! The Yondu thread

Batmannerism

Super-unknown
Reaction score
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2-Empire-Photo-of-Yondu-and-Rocket-Cropped.jpg

I've always liked Michael Rooker as an actor, but he and Gunn really did something with this character, who to me was always the most ridiculous member of the comic book GOTG.

However, they made him into a space pirate who was badass, but had a heart - and the badass part ain't easy considering that he's blue and wears a bright red rooster's crest.

I'm really sad they killed him off, but at the same time they did it in such a great way that I'm okay with it. Best cbm character death in a long long time.

Anyway, this thread is for you all to celebrate this great character, share thoughts and ideas or complain about him if you want to. Whatever you like,
but I think he totally deserves a thread (separate from the Michael Rooker is Yondu thread).

Last edited:
I loved yondu from the beginning until the end his story with Quill was both emotional and funny

I especially loved the scene with him using his arrow to kill off the petraying ravangers who turned against him

The only thing that puzzles me is when he is sacrificing himself to save peter he says " he may have been your father boy but he wasn't your daddy" but what does he say before putting the spacesuit on him it did come out a bit muffled

I cried like a baby when he was killed off it was a powerful scene and it's a shame peter never got to call him dad at the end I just he is brought back for infinity wars

**PUT SPOILERS IN SPOILER TAGS**

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoilers mate?

Sorry I'll edit my post

I figured the film's been out down here since 25 April, and in other international locations, and had it's North American release yesterday, so we might be past the spoiler point.

Cheers.

Yeah I have really enjoyed Rooker in the role. [BLACKOUT]His death was emotional but for me Logan's ending was more so[/BLACKOUT].

I thought Yondu's death was unnecessary. I thought Peter's mask can protect him from being in space. Unless there was a scene I missed were Peter lost it.

Yondu steals the show.

And yea Peters mask got destroyed iirc

A note to EVERYONE.....

NOT EVERYONE IN THE WORLD GETS TO SEE A NEW MOVIE AT THE FIRST SHOWING ON THE FIRST DAY IT IS RELEASED....SO THEY DON'T KNOW EVERY DAMN THING ABOUT IT BY THE NEXT DAY.....SO PUT SPOILERS IN SPOILER TAGS!!!!!!!!

Yondu was even more of a badass in this, didn't think it was possible. Great character my 2nd favorite next to Star Lord.

The "I'm Merry Poppins Y'all" line killed me

The title is not a spoiler but a line from the movie. The line does not tell you what happens to him.
[BLACKOUT]It spoils a line from the movie that wasn't in the trailers.[/BLACKOUT]

MVP of the show for me. Dude made me cry like a baby twice.
Yeah everyone in our theater reacted the same way.

My future Daughter in law reacted like this
WHY WAS THAT NEEDED

[BLACKOUT]It spoils a line from the movie that wasn't in the trailers.[/BLACKOUT]

I don't see that as a spoiler. I saw the title....had absolutely no idea what it meant....then saw the movie.....and laughed my ass off (I had to tighten my belt because my ass was no longer there to help hold my pants up).

I'm pretty sure I heard someone trying not to break out bawling in my theater. Like not just sad sniffles, but like they were on the brink of an emotional breakdown.... that person wasn't me because I'm more of a silent sufferer, but I''ll admit I was fighting back a stream of tears.

I thought Michael Rooker was brilliant in this film. Yondu and Rooker's performance is probably my favorite thing about the whole movie, and it genuinely moved me.

I think parts of his performance even make scenes in the first film better now that you understand the true meaning.

Rooker is such an underrated actor, and you see why he's James Gunn's muse of sorts.

Spoiler question !!!

So if Yondu dies how is he returning for Avengers Infinity War?

LEARN HOW TO PUT THINGS IN SPOILER TAGS

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah,
I hope he stays dead because his death had so much meaning and was so well done. It was worth losing such a terrific character for

Will he appear in Infinity War, who knows ?
there are plenty of ways he could show up, time-travel, alternate reality, as a ghost, a holographic recording, a flash-back.....

Really enjoyed Yondu in this one, especially his time with Rocket and then his actions for and with Peter. It now makes everything he did in Vol. 1 take on a different meaning.

Yondu and Rocket were my favourite characters in this movie. Part 1 was Rocket and Star Lord. Yondu stole the show.

I thought Yondu's death was unnecessary. I thought Peter's mask can protect him from being in space. Unless there was a scene I missed were Peter lost it.

That's a very good point. Write that in a fix it fanfic in regards to that scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"