Immigrant Civil Rights Movement

Mr Sparkle said:
i was able to name 2 things?

I think 2 things are enough.

that and the fact that the 11 to 12 million illegals are 97% employed.

why are they so lazy?[/quote]

Quit putting words in my mouth and changing the subject. Illegal immigrants use $20 billion more dollars in government funds than they contribute. I don't know about you but last time I checked my money could be going to the people who are here legally.

chaseter said:
Quit putting words in my mouth and changing the subject. Illegal immigrants use $20 billion more dollars in government funds than they contribute. I don't know about you but last time I checked my money could be going to the people who are here legally.

Where's your source for that figure?

Lackey said:
you're not paying for your rights, they are your natural rights. paying for your rights is like paying the mafia to protect your business

Like the right to be a country based on laws, like laws AGAINST illegal immigration?

But I think he was speaking of public services, that WE DO pay for with our taxes,

chaseter said:

really?:confused: you're not thinking of Immigrants as a whole?
I mean, since Illegal Immigrants are rather hard to keep track of.
oh, and I'm not changing the subject at all, seems it's rather related to the issue.

TheSlag said:
Like the right to be a country based on laws, like laws AGAINST illegal immigration?

But I think he was speaking of public services, that WE DO pay for with our taxes,

Yes, we do, but we shouldn't.

Lackey said:
Where's your source for that figure?

Center for Immigration Studies and:

Chapa, Rebeca. “Two-sided economics of immigration merit a look.” 6 April 2006. San Antonio Express-News. 7 April 2006.

blind_fury said:
What about Americans who live under the poverty line? They don't pay taxes either. Does that mean they shouldn't get to use public schools and hospitals?

But they are here legally, and are citizens of the country. So, I guess your solution is to just add more that cannot pay? Wouldn't THAT take away from these that are under the poverty line that you claim to care so much for?

chaseter said:

Chapa, Rebeca. “Two-sided economics of immigration merit a look.” 6 April 2006. San Antonio Express-News. 7 April 2006.

:rolleyes: LOL, do you know who funds the "center for immigration studies"?
they have an anti-immigrant agenda.

"“Let’s be clear,” wrote Frank Sharry of the National Immigration Forum, “CIS was birthed by FAIR, the militant anti-immigration group. The CIS executive director moved from FAIR to CIS to head up the organization. Although now independent, the two organizations share the same basic agenda: an American version of what in Europe is called ‘zero immigration.’” According to Sharry, CIS masquerades as an objective, “squeaky clean” think tank, but CIS is “simply churning out high-sounding, low-credibility grist for the high-pitch, low-road anti-immigration forces in the United States.” This assessment of CIS is widely shared among pro-immigrant groups, but CIS studies are not only frequently cited by the “low-road” nativist forces but also by major news media."

Mr Sparkle said:
really?:confused: you're not thinking of Immigrants as a whole?
I mean, since Illegal Immigrants are rather hard to keep track of.
oh, and I'm not changing the subject at all, seems it's rather related to the issue.
No it doesn't and I am not going to say again that I am agaisnt ILLEGAL immigration not LEGAL. No I am not thinking immigrants as a whole so quit generalizing my statements to fit your theories. And it is not related to the issue. We are arguing why it is wrong not persisting stereotypes.

Lackey said:
Yes, we do, but we shouldn't.

We should NOT pay for these services?? Who's gonna provide them then? Santa?

Mr Sparkle said:
:rolleyes: LOL, do you know who funds the "center for immigration studies"?
they have an anti-immigrant agenda.
Last time I checked they put out correct statistics and are published in scholarly journals...LOL. I see you shouting out tons of statistics and evidence to back up your claims.

chaseter said:

Haha, I knew it. :)

That article makes no distinction between legal and illegal immigrants for that $20 billion figure.

TheSlag said:
SUP FELLOW TEXAN! We will always have to pay for taxes. I think he meant we shouldn't pay for illegal alien benefits.

Lackey said:

That article makes no distinction between legal and illegal immigrants for that $20 billion figure.
Yes it does...read it...what are you blind. It is right in front of me.

TheSlag said:

private businesses always handle ANY service better than ANY government agency

chaseter said:
SUP FELLOW TEXAN! We will always have to pay for taxes. I think he meant we shouldn't pay for illegal alien benefits.

Then... I agree with him. :up:

Lackey said:
private businesses always handle ANY service better than ANY government agency

Like privatizing Social Security? I totally agree that private businesses should be utilized more in all facets. :up: But regardless, you and will pay... hopefully pay less, but still... "PAY".

chaseter said:
No it doesn't and I am not going to say again that I am agaisnt ILLEGAL immigration not LEGAL. No I am not thinking immigrants as a whole so quit generalizing my statements to fit your theories. And it is not related to the issue. We are arguing why it is wrong not persisting stereotypes.

Lackey said:

LOL :rolleyes:

chaseter said:
Last time I checked they put out correct statistics and are published in scholarly journals...LOL. I see you shouting out tons of statistics and evidence to back up your claims.

LOL, it was financed by FAIR! how exactly do i present that in statistic form?

Mr Sparkle said:
LOL, it was financed by FAIR! how exactly do present that in statistic form?
Where is all your evidence???

And sorry Mr. Sparkle. The Center is run by donations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"