Immigrant Civil Rights Movement

Lord Siva said:
The Illegals arn't american citizens so actually they don't even deserve "American rights".

"all men are created equal and are......"

bah forget it, you probably don't even know where that comes from.

Mr Sparkle said:
"all men are created equal and are......"

bah forget it, you probably don't even know where that comes from.

I never said they should be mistreated.

But they don't deserve free citizenship.

blind_fury said:
Those that oppose an open door policy are usually racist. I assure you if these immigrants were German and Swedish most of these rednecks would be welcoming them in.

Not if they come in illegally.

Lord Siva said:
I never said they should be mistreated.

But they don't deserve free citizenship.

well, they are mistreated :o

and , please define "free citizenship" do you mean, only the wealthy should be able to go to the US?

Mr Sparkle said:
well, they are mistreated :o

and , please define "free citizenship" do you mean, only the wealthy should be able to go to the US?

They should have to take an exam in American government and English first.

America is an English speaking nation, not Spanish. The majority of people speak English therefore they must prove themselves at least functional in English.

Lord Siva said:
They should have to take an exam in American government and English first.

America is an English speaking nation, not Spanish. The majority of people speak English therefore they must prove themselves at least functional in English.

hmmm? should this only apply to non-us citizens , because I know more about US history than most American friends I have. :rolleyes:

why is that Important, again, Like I said, when Americans come to work in Mexico they don't learn anything, sometimes not even spanish, ask Plas about translators.

oh, and the US has no official language. sorry.

Lord Siva said:
That's a common misconception.

nope, it's god's honest truth.
it has a majority of english speakers....that's about it.

Corinthian™ said:
Uhm... just one thing

Did you know that Illegal immigrants pay more taxes than what they take back?

You know, they ARE illegal. If they used benefits they will most likely going to be deported.

Also, they work by a LEGAL business that pays taxes and therefor they pay taxes.

They buy food, which has a tax.

They buy clothing which has a tax.

Yes, they don't pay income tax, but they pay others and they don't get the benefits you could get because... THEY CAN'T

That was from the Washington Post. so the argument that they take lots of benefits and that they are a burden to the gov, guess what? it's wrong.

Besides, that should be common sense
since everybody decided to ignore my little brother's brilliant post, I'll repost it here

Corinthian™ said:
And just to add something

You see all those Illegal immigrants? Why do you think they are Illegal? Because it's easier?

**** no. Because it's cheaper. A LOT cheaper.

Concider that just a crossing Visa.. a CROSSING Visa, the ones that I use to cross the border and shop in the States and such, cost just 100 bucks, plus the time, that is around 4-6 months. Now, a Student Visa costs 100 bucks, plus another 100 Bucks for some form and then some more for the Permit.

Don't get me started on working Visas, which you also need a company that is hiring you. So you can't look for a job there and ask a Visa, the company will look for YOU. And do you think that Companies go to look for some cheap labour? It costs. They cannot. The ones that look is for people with AT LEAST a Masters, and sometimes a Bachelor's will do ok.

Yes, they can work legally ANYTIME they want:down:rolleyes:
and this other one... please read

Mr Sparkle said:
nope, it's god's honest truth.
it has a majority of english speakers....that's about it.

It's not Americas Job to hand out Green Cards to every other wannabe citizen.

Lord Siva said:
It's not Americas Job to hand out Green Cards to every other wannabe citizen.

well, I see by your well thought out response that's about as deep as you go on this argument.
yeah. ignore corithian's post all you want, ignore mine for that matter, i fail to see how your response adressed the "national language" issue.

which is what you where responding to.

or how Americans go live in mexico and never assimilate

or how americans work in other countries just for the money and never assimilate or become citizens, there's 2 or 3 websites of americans working in Japan and making fun of their culture.
but hey, he's there legally so he can disrespect the country all he likes right?

such hypocrisy

blind_fury said:
Microsoft. can I have my prize now?

Monopolies raise prices and lower output. Microsoft has lowered prices and increased output and still has competing web browsers and Operating Systems.

Microsoft dropped the price of word processors from $300 to $50. Where are the monopoly profits?

dcbmp said:

Standard Oil wasn't a monopoly.

I think when you move to another country you need to learn their language. English is obviously the most common language here, but not the official language.
If I moved to Mexico, I would learn Spanish as a courtesy to the country and the people.

These illegal immigrants seem to just be looking for freebees, but it's hard to blame them.
On the other hand, law is law and our borders should be protected to the max.

Carter said:
I think when you move to another country you need to learn their language. English is obviously the most common language here, but not the official language.
If I moved to Mexico, I would learn Spanish as a courtesy to the country and the people.

These illegal immigrants seem to just be looking for freebees
, but it's hard to blame them.
On the other hand, law is law and our borders should be protected to the max.

really?

what freebes?:confused:

uh, hopping the border and demanding citizenship
not paying taxes

Carter said:
uh, hopping the border and demanding citizenship
not paying taxes

but once they become citizens they Pay taxes:confused: that seems Un-free.
and they pay in sales and payroll taxes. plus earning less than half the min wage with no union or benefits (like holidays and such)

oh, and I missed the part where they "demand" citizenship, I have seen them protest for "immigration reform" and a simpler path to citizenship.

Well then, become citizens legally.
My issue here is border security

Close it up
On both ends.
The only immigration should be legal.

Carter said:

Close it up
On both ends.

you should look into why they don't, it's not lazyness

and that will never happen, it's not in the US best interest.

Carter said:

Close it up
On both ends.
how old are you?

Holly Goodhead said:
Wouldnt they be round up and deported during these protests?

nope. it's hard to tell apart the illegals from the legals and politically it could be desastrous for whoever sanctioned raids on protests.

Illegal immigrants should go by the legal process to gain citizenship. My ancestors fled their country during poverty to come to America. If they expect respect, they should become legal citizens. If it's too expensive, don't come. Simple. Life is tough and you can't live on hand-outs.

I dont know..I think its common sense. If theyre not US citizens then they dont have the same rights as US citizens. I think the Mexico should join the US. We could be the United States of Amexico. Shut up you love it

Spidey-Bat said:
Illegal immigrants do not deserve the same rights legal citizens are granted in the constitution. Illegals should be glad we're not like Mexico where they shoot illegal immigrants.

:) ha!

I love it how people who obviously don't know what they're talking about make such wonderful claims :up:

oh, and you should read your constitution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"