Immigrant Civil Rights Movement

Holly Goodhead said:
I dont know..I think its common sense. If theyre not US citizens then they dont have the same rights as US citizens. I think the Mexico should join the US. We could be the United States of Amexico. Shut up you love it

I have no idea why we have borders at all, and why we're not a unified continent, we all have things that the other could use.:confused:

modern politics is soooooo backward.

I wouldnt mind having open borders with Mexico. Then again I live in Chicago..
They take the jobs no one wants. Just like black people did during slavery, but they didnt have a choice so Im not sure what the correlation is. Or why Im talking in this thread. bye

Holly Goodhead said:
Im not sure what the correlation is. Or why Im talking in this thread. bye

because you're surprisingly deep and complex.

shut up, you love it!

Honey Vibe said:
I am completely in support of what citizens and illegal immigrants alike are doing across America today. Their actions show how integral their presence is in American business and culture. :up:

Et toi?

EDIT
If a moderator is willing to edit the poll, option 2 should read NO, illegal immigrants are not Americans, hence have no right to our benefits/opportunities.

Oui!! :) :up:

Mr Sparkle said:
:) ha!

I love it how people who obviously don't know what they're talking about make such wonderful claims :up:

oh, and you should read your constitution.

The Bill of Rights are part of the Constitution. Other than that, I assume you have no defense against the rest of the argument.

Spidey-Bat said:
The Bill of Rights are part of the Constitution. Other than that, I assume you have no defense against the rest of the argument.

How about the bill of rights applies to everyone under the jurisdiction of the U.S. government.... not just citizens.

man, that's minimum information there. :o

Spidey-Bat said:

LOL, you don't have an argument :o:)

Do you guys know how long it takes REAL immagrants to come here? And its even harder for immagrants from communist countries. Its unfair and is unjustice.

I'll use an example which you guys can relate to. Xbox 360, big system, a lot of people want it. Problem is, small supply. There are long lines in stores the day it comes out. Now, imagine someone cutting in line and getting the last Xbox360 even though you waited 6 hours standing up.

Fair? Nope.

So then those same guys COMPLAIN to the United States about our government when they shouldn't even be here. Its unfair, and they are breaking the law. You have to have rules, and those rules must be followed.

Corinthian™ said:
And just to add something

You see all those Illegal immigrants? Why do you think they are Illegal? Because it's easier?

**** no. Because it's cheaper. A LOT cheaper.

So? Just because something is cheaper doesnt make it right...do you think we should just make it free to get citizenship from people in mexico?

Corinthian™ said:
Uhm... just one thing

Did you know that Illegal immigrants pay more taxes than what they take back?

You know, they ARE illegal. If they used benefits they will most likely going to be deported.

Also, they work by a LEGAL business that pays taxes and therefor they pay taxes.

They buy food, which has a tax.

They buy clothing which has a tax.

Yes, they don't pay income tax, but they pay others and they don't get the benefits you could get because... THEY CAN'T

That was from the Washington Post. so the argument that they take lots of benefits and that they are a burden to the gov, guess what? it's wrong.

Besides, that should be common sense

I've always been interested at what the ratio of money they put in and take out is.

Do you have a link or something? or did u already post it? :up:

I cant belive how much undocumented immigrants are in the USA.I have to admit,my look on the USA has changed,its no longer the strong country.But now corrupt,and there is no law.

I voted yes,there needs to be law in the USA.Send all of the hispanics back to Mexico,and let Spain worry about it.After all,all hispanics are the bastered children of Spain from its conquests in the 1500`s.

The Aryans have controled the American country for over 200 years,they can protest all they want.It will not change,English is the offical language,it will remain that way.

Mr Sparkle said:
you should look into why they don't, it's not lazyness

and that will never happen, it's not in the US best interest.
You've been to too many Latian American Rights whatever that organization is called sites. If that commie comes into power (in Mexico) the Iranians will go to Mexico, just to see the sights I'm sure :rolleyes: .

Mr Sparkle said:
actually massive protests where carried out in numerous parts of Mexico, where most union workers used the mexican holiday labor day to march, also US businesses such as McDonald's where boycotted.
Ha HA!!!!! I meant how come Mexicans are not protesting for better jobs. Zapata and Villa are ashamed of you. You're like the Cubans now.
"Want to fix you're country?"
"Manana!"

Mr Sparkle said:
hmmm? should this only apply to non-us citizens , because I know more about US history than most American friends I have. :rolleyes:

why is that Important, again, Like I said, when Americans come to work in Mexico they don't learn anything, sometimes not even spanish, ask Plas about translators.

oh, and the US has no official language. sorry.
OOOOOOO! Tell me, are the number of Americans in Mexico anywhere near 12 million. Do they DEMAND treatment and the right to vote? Or for the schools to have bi-lingual classes? You should read your own constitution. especially the part about illegals.

Oh, and english IS the offical language. Language is what holds a country together.

p.s. You still have yet to prove that the US economy suffered greatly. Only small businesses shut down (latino mostly) along with Tysons and two other major meat factories. Wal-Mart still ran, Target, Wall-Street, you don't affect us much. Oh, and as for the jobs that illegals have that ordinary Americans wouldn't do? We have a bunch of people in prisons doing nothing but working out and watching TV. I thought prison was called hard time for a reason ;)

Admiral_N8 said:
I've always been interested at what the ratio of money they put in and take out is.

Do you have a link or something? or did u already post it? :up:
I read it on a news Paper here in Mexico. I can't provide links.

However, seriously, Illegals don't have benefits. People that think they do are seriously wrong. They can't use hospitals so easily because of fear of being deported.

and dcsomethingelse, the farmers and low income workers are always protesting for better jobs. They also protest for a better security. We protest about a lot of things.

And if you think that Fox has the blame of it, last time I checked, Fox is not Dictator Darth Fox, emperor of Mexico. He's a president with a congress who's actually against him because he's from the opposition.

Politics in Mexico are ****ed up.

--- Also, about the immigrants and the costs. American Immigration system is very flawed. The immigrants that cross illegaly are the ones that are not wanted there by the goverment but are wanted by the companies. The goverment only wants comming rich people. 100 times richer than those that cross. That's why you have illegals.

I'm for easier ways(economically) to come in. I'm against what the goverment wants to do - which is THE REASON of those protest.

Racial Profiling and turning crossing illegaly a federal crime, a crime that will give the right to the Border Patrol to KILL immigrants.

THE PROTEST ARE NOT FOR RIGHTS TO ILLEGALS. THE PROTESTS ARE FOR A BETTER REFORM TO IMMIGRATION

dcbmp said:
Oh, and english IS the offical language. Language is what holds a country together.
U.S. has no official language... and language is not what holds a country together. The Soviet Union did quite fine controling their territory where many languages were spoken. The U.S. held itself together when all the immigrants first came over... did they not? Those immigrants were not all speaking English. Sure the Irish had it pretty easy seeing as though they speak it.

From the CIA factbook...

United States:
English 82.1%, Spanish 10.7%, other Indo-European 3.8%, Asian and Pacific island 2.7%, other 0.7%

Canada:
English (official) 59.3%, French (official) 23.2%, other 17.5%

Corinthian™ said:
I read it on a news Paper here in Mexico. I can't provide links.

However, seriously, Illegals don't have benefits. People that think they do are seriously wrong. They can't use hospitals so easily because of fear of being deported.

Ya I am interested because I have heard otherwise but have not been able to find out for myself whether or not they take out more than they add.

But Illegals do benefit from things they dont pay for- police security, clean water, roads, fire fighting services, military protection, and such.

i quote, from the constitution:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

youll notice it doesnt say that people can just walk in and become citizens

Mr Sparkle said:
Illegal immigrants do not deserve the same rights legal citizens are granted in the constitution. Illegals should be glad we're not like Mexico where they shoot illegal immigrants.

ha!

I love it how people who obviously don't know what they're talking about make such wonderful claims :up:

oh, and you should read your constitution.

Yeah. It is impossible to "grant a right", it is a contradiction in terms.

Start learning with videos here.

the funny thing is, at these demonstrations you always have illegals holind up signs that say: "we are not second class citizens" and its like, "indeed you are not....because you're not citizens AT ALL!"

and also the "we are not criminals" sign....but uh, you're an ILLEGAL immigrant...you ARE a criminal!

p.s. the title of this thread should read: illegal immigrant civil rights movement. lets not get things mixed up....theres a difference between immigrants and illegal immigrants.

ugh, why do illegal immigrants have to make everything so difficult. :(

What I like about the marches is the fact that many are not illegals and in fact they are Legal and regular citizens.

And when was the last time such a huge amount of people was seen in America Protesting?

Holly Goodhead said:
ugh, why do illegal immigrants have to make everything so difficult. :(
Because they are big leeches.

Corinthian&#8482 said:
What I like about the marches is the fact that many are not illegals and in fact they are Legal and regular citizens.

And when was the last time such a huge amount of people was seen in America Protesting?
Yea but there are quite a few illegals protesting as well. That is an oxymoron in terms. They are protesting for government change and have no rights or say in that government because they are not citizens. It is purely moronic. The Border Patrol should randomly sift through the protestors, ask for documentation, then deport the illegals. And the last time that many people protested was by a race/culture that were citizens of this country and being treated unfairly. I don't remember too many immigrants from Africa dying to get over here during that dark time in our nation's history to protest what America was doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"