Immigrant Civil Rights Movement

Corinthian™ said:
Beacause they don't want to take the time to follow the rules of the country they want to live in...so they sneak around and live of the coat tails of the paying citizens.

I just feel bad for the immigrants who did things legally and now are having people cut in line, break the law, disobey the rules, and think they should get the same treatment as those who followed the law.

Admiral_N8 said:
I just feel bad for the immigrants who did things legally and now are having people cut in line, break the law, disobey the rules, and think they should get the same treatment as those who followed the law.
Yup...yet a lot of them go out and protest the laws they used to get into this country...its crazy. If I were desperate for money and needed somehwere to go, I would not dare complain and be happy with what I get.

chaseter said:
Yup...America will soon be overtaken economy wise by China...they are growing at a huge rate and will soon be greater than America's.

However, when you divide that among each Chinese citizen, it's still a poor standard of living, not to mention that China is trading it's environment for economic output on a massive scale.

It's not going to come out pretty.

blind_fury said:
This is the reality of the US economy. Big business needs the cheap labor of illegals to compete. You can't just flip a switch and change that. It's built into the infrastructure.

The economy would adjust.

Admiral_N8 said:
I feel bad for people that really don't know the mentality of the illegal immigrant and just speak as if they are con artist or things like that

War Lord said:
However, when you divide that among each Chinese citizen, it's still a poor standard of living, not to mention that China is trading it's environment for economic output on a massive scale.

It's not going to come out pretty.
I didn't say standard of living...I said economy wise. China will be a top world power very soon...and control the global market. With their destruction on their country...who says they won't want to expand their land??? This fact has a lot of people worried. They are expanding at a rate that isn't comfortable within their space. China might soon try to capture some new land...only time will tell.

Corinthian&#8482 said:
I feel bad for people that really don't know the mentality of the illegal immigrant and just speak as if they are con artist or things like that
You live in Mexico right? Well what would President Fox and your government and its people do and react if millions upon millions of illegal immigrants began flooding into your land, disobeying laws, using resources, draining government funds, and not pay a cent back??? People say "walk in their shoes." Well try walking in ours as well.

hippie_hunter said:
I didn't know that immigration cost that much. Why the hell does it cost that much? It shouldn't be like that.

The costs function as a control over how many come into the country. If the US needs more immigrants at some point, the costs can be dropped. If less are needed, the costs can be increased.

chaseter said:
You live in Mexico right? Well what would President Fox and your government and its people do and react if millions upon millions of illegal immigrants began flooding into your land, disobeying laws, using resources, draining government funds, and not pay a cent back??? People say "walk in their shoes." Well try walking in ours as well.

Mexico controls its southern border to ensure those from below don't get in and, if need be, they shoot their illegals.

War Lord said:
Mexico controls its southern border to ensure those from below don't get in and, if need be, they shoot their illegals.

I like their style.

chaseter said:
well first of all, it is hardly impossible to not pay a cent back since everything is taxed.

second, well, it will be hard for the people but then again prices would drop a lot.

Third, most of the jobs that could hurt are the govermental ones, but it would be imposible to an immigrant to get that.

So in closing, no you don't really see any damage to your country. It is just that some people are tired of having Mexicans there(because last time I checked, they were not saying anything about the ones that were studying and stayed there illegaly, it is just the Latinos that stand out... hmm I wonder why)

War Lord said:
O RLY?

Link please... Mexicans can't afford guns. And the authorities have much other people to shoot at rather than immigrants. Well it is very overlooked anyways(immigration)

so, if they decide to send all of the immigrants back, does this mean they'll deport Governor Schwarzenegger? hmm....

Corinthian™ said:
O RLY?

Link please... Mexicans can't afford guns. And the authorities have much other people to shoot at rather than immigrants. Well it is very overlooked anyways(immigration)

Your soldiers have no guns?

screech_turbo said:
so, if they decide to send all of the immigrants back, does this mean they'll deport Governor Schwarzenegger? hmm....

As far as I know, he came into the country legally.

screech_turbo said:

we're talking about illegal immigrants.

Corinthian&#8482 said:
well first of all, it is hardly impossible to not pay a cent back since everything is taxed.

second, well, it will be hard for the people but then again prices would drop a lot.

Third, most of the jobs that could hurt are the govermental ones, but it would be imposible to an immigrant to get that.

So in closing, no you don't really see any damage to your country. It is just that some people are tired of having Mexicans there(because last time I checked, they were not saying anything about the ones that were studying and stayed there illegaly, it is just the Latinos that stand out... hmm I wonder why)
They only pay sales tax...a huge difference in not paying income tax, social security, medicare, etc...that legal citizens pay

Prices in goods that currently employ illegals would only raise 2-3 cents because wages are such a small percentage of the total cost of the goods.

Terrorism still poses a threat to America(one of the most hated countries in the world) because our current system isn't properly monitoring all immigrants.

And it is not our fault the government and economy of other countries are so horrid and crooked that millions of their people are running to get out. Mexican officials need to stop complaining about the US's laws and policies and work out their problems first.

Mexicans are actually semi-intelligent primates that can scarcely discern the difference between freedom and slavery. They are the perfect serf class.

The problem with the latinos is that they're the ones who are coming here illegally by the truckload - sometimes literally. If it were Germans coming here illegally, we'd have a problem with them, if it were Canadians, same deal. But it's the Latinos doing it, so it's the Latinos that we have the problem with.

If they want rights, and they want to be respected as Americans, why not just come here legally? Why is that so hard? All Americans are descendants of immigrants of some kind. I am. My great-grandparents both came here from Lithuania and Latvia, but they did it legally. They went through Ellis Island and went through the several years to get citizenship, but they did it. And they were dirt-poor when they did it too, so don't tell me it's a money issue. If they want in so bad, they can do it. And it's sure as hell a lot safer than illegally crossing the border, which as I understand it, has a fairly high mortality rate.

So yes, come to our country. Become an American citizen if that's what you want. But do it through the proper legal channels. Don't sneak in here illegally and then demand equal rights. That's just not fair to the people who DID come here the legal way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"