• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

In Spiderman 3 should Harry Osbourne be a monster.

I mean that Venom Will be like an Anti-Spiderman. Like something from the negative zone maybe.

Hazmat81 said:
I mean that Venom Will be like an Anti-Spiderman. Like something from the negative zone maybe.
I don't know about the negative zone, but Raimi's choice of Topher Grace - who is similar in many respects to Tobey Maguire - supports the anti-Spidey theory. They'll give someone similar to Spidey similar powers, but he's a lesser person and so will turn into a villain (Venom) instead of a hero.

Venom is the anti-spider-man already, or to put it another way he is the typical evil twin.

They have the same kind of powers (wall clinging, web swinging) but where as Peter has some sucess as a photographer (not much but some) Brock is doomed as a reporter, his life is in ruins and as far as I remember he has no friends to speak of. Peter's life could also be said to be cahotic at worst but he still has friends to turn to if he is feeling low.

Because he is a connection to the people Peter realises that he must use his abilities for the good but Brock feels that people owe him for all the torment he has suffered which for some reason he feels mostly is the fault of Spidey/Peter. So he uses his "Spider-abilities" to punish eveyone he feels as wronged him.

This is much the same way the Evil twin stories work in tv and books. The good twin has everything while his identical twin has nothing so the one with nothing blames the one with everything for his own bad luck and shortcomings and sets out to ruin/destroy him.

Simple really

This is a horrible idea. Like people have said before it's been done in the Ultimate comics and that is one of the worst things they have done. The Ultimate Goblin's are basically Hulk-Lite.

Changing him from a man in a suit to a monster changes the dynamic. He would rely more on his strength than his intelligence. This is what has happened in Ultimate Spider-man.

I agree. GG does have super strength on par with Spidey but he relies more on his brains then his brawn using his advanced intellect to win his battles.

This would be a travesty and an insult to Harry. This is just another reason why I couldn't get into the Ultimate series. The way they changed the Goblins, the complete disrespect to the character Shocker.ugh Cheers!

AnimeJune said:
Well, like someone mentioned, they turned the Goblins from criminal masterminds to drooling Hulk copies. Instead of planning plots and running schemes, they'd pop themselves with chemicals, mutate into green, horny freaks, and run rampant through the city shooting fireballs out of their hands until they were gunned down by authorities.

Well, by the second and third time Norman injected himself, he had gained controll of his "hulk" side. He was still cold and calculating. Harry was really the one that was most Hulk like. Norman was only Hulk-Goblin the first time he changed.

Really, I would have thought the Goblins awesome if they had kept the same apperance, just a little less bulky. So basically still have them turn into monsters, but also have it drive them completley crazy, but keep their intelligence. That way they would be basically very simmilar to the original goblins, with a better look. Because, lets face it, the Ultimate Goblins would be a whole hell of a lot scarier then their 616 counterparts.

Infinity9999x said:
Well, by the second and third time Norman injected himself, he had gained controll of his "hulk" side. He was still cold and calculating. Harry was really the one that was most Hulk like. Norman was only Hulk-Goblin the first time he changed.

Doesn't matter, though. The characterization just wasn't as dynamic and as psychologically well conceived.

cmill216 said:
Doesn't matter, though. The characterization just wasn't as dynamic and as psychologically well conceived.

Yeah, I'll give you that, they definatley could have made that much better. Hopefully they'll make norman into a more interesting Villian if they use him some more. I did like the hypnotherapy subplot with Harry though, and I'm still trying to figure out whats going on w/ that assain dude that only Harry seems to see. (I've only got the USM trades up to #14 so if they've gone back into that I haven't read anything about it)

Murder said:
This would be a travesty and an insult to Harry. This is just another reason why I couldn't get into the Ultimate series. The way they changed the Goblins, the complete disrespect to the character Shocker.ugh Cheers!
To Harry?

Believe me, whichever Goblin he turns out to be, he will not be a main villain, or even a particularly menacing one. The movies have gone out of their way to portray him as a screw-up - a vain, stupid, careless, whiny drunk with severe daddy issues. He wasn't half the man Norman was, and he will not be half the villain Daddy Goblin was, either. He'll be present as an emotional dilemma for Peter Parker, but he won't be the main threat at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"