Days of Future Past In the books, "the future" was 2013!

YJ1

Armed and Dangerous
Reaction score
I was just re-reading my old copy of Days of Future Past and it's amazing how well it holds up and is still a great read. A book made in 1981 that hits home today!

I didn't remember that "the future" takes place in 2013. Damn, I'm old.

It says:
"In North America in the year 2013 there are three classes of people: 'H' for baseline human - clean of mutant genes. Allowed to breed.

'A' for anomalous human - a normal person possessing mutant genetic potential.

'M' for mutant - The bottom of the heap, made pariahs and outcasts by the Mutant Control Act of 1988. Hunted down and, with a few rare exceptions, killed without mercy. In the quarter-century since the Act's passage, millions have died. They were the lucky ones."

That kind of freaks me out being we're knocking on the door of 2013.

Besides the dates, I pray they stick to the books as much as possible. I wonder what will be the event that they have to stop will be in the film?

I really doubt they're going to be able to be accurate to the books, considering all the character differences.

I am fine with the future scenes being in 2013, considering their going back to he 60's that's already a pretty big time gap... and with it being an alternate timeline future, they can still make it a post apocalyptic wasteland

its been 6-7 years since LTS, so, all the actor/actress have aged appropriately, it'll still feel like enough time has pasted since we saw them last

since the sequel will be released in 2014, they could set it on 2015 or 2016, to make us feel that the future isnt our exact present.

I think it would cool to feel the original actors come from a future timeline.

but then we cant have white haired wolverine or even an older kitty
Days-of-future-past500.jpg

so what would you preffer the future to be? 2050?

do you think Bryan and Fox will make Hugh to look like a 60 years old Logan or what? :D

All the actors should look 20 years older at the very least, and that woulnt look good at all, at least not appealing for the young audience.

This isn't Twilight lol .. I don't think audiences will care about the actors looking too old since it's set in the future.. we still have the cast of the FC era.

They should look worn and tired anyway living in their dystopian future.

well hugh is already 44 not that hard lol and he is very weathered looking and grey haired in les miserables:yay:
Hugh-Jackman-in-Les-Miserables-in-London-hugh-jackman-32248234-923-588.jpg

Les-Miserables-hugh-jackman-32726848-960-619.jpg

Wolverine ages slowly though, so they can still have their hunky hollywood action star not looking like a bloated old geezer.

since the sequel will be released in 2014, they could set it on 2015 or 2016, to make us feel that the future isnt our exact present.

I think it would cool to feel the original actors come from a future timeline.
that's fair, I wasn't really thinking in terms of the movie still being couple years before coming out, but, still it being set in the present (of when its released) maybe a year or 2 further out, is fine with me

but then we cant have white haired wolverine or even an older kitty
Days-of-future-past500.jpg
he's already over 175 years old, at his rate of aging, by the time he starts going gray the rest of the original team well be elderly/or dead

It can't be too far in the future or McKellen's Magneto and Stewart's Xavier would be dead!

McKellen is 73 in real life, Stewart is 72. They pretty much look their ages, so it can't be too far into the future or it would not be feasible to see a 140-year-old Magneto kicking ass against the Sentinels!

lol, thats clearly the point.

with Wolverine aging slowly, if they make him look really old, the other actors should be even older, seems highly unlikely that all the returning actors would look like 50 years old x-men, :D

so what would you preffer the future to be? 2050?

2013 to 2016 will be the safest and the best. Especially Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and some from the cast of the original trilogy are coming back.

If they are going with 2050, Professor X and Magneto should be dead given by their age on X3 (I think X3 was set in 2006) and all of the X-Men except for Wolverine, would look really old.

that's fair, I wasn't really thinking in terms of the movie still being couple years before coming out, but, still it being set in the present (of when its released) maybe a year or 2 further out, is fine with me

he's already over 175 years old, at his rate of aging, by the time he starts going gray the rest of the original team well be elderly/or dead

I never understood why Logan had white hair in that DoFP pic with Kitty when he ages so slowly and she only looks middle-aged. Maybe he went through a lot of stress? Eh.

true! lol never thought about that :D

if Wolverine has white hair, the other x-men should look like 60 years old x-men lol. But Marvel didnt have the balls to show that, he

Wolverine wasn't always written to be "immortal". He aged slower because of his healing factor and was possibly old enough to have fought in WWII. His healing factor also wasn't as potent as it is in the comics and movies today...

Do the Mutant Control Act (or equivalent) take place in 2012-ish, after the events regarding "the cure." Show that the cure had no permanent effects, as was hinted at the end of TLS. This movie starts in 2032, 20 or so years after the Act is put into effect.

You get an exceptionally elderly but powerful Magneto and Xavier and a weathered, but still effective Logan. This also allows enough time for sentinels to be constructed, the MCA to be in full effect, many of the more known mutants to have passed and the world to begin to crumble.

Remember there was no real given timeframe for the first films.

X2 takes place shortly after X2.And the Last Stand likely a few months after X2.

Bryan Singer said In devolping story for first class he went backwords from Xavier and Magneto's ages In X-Men and X2 to setting first Class In 1962 when they are In their mid to late twenties.thus the trilogy can very easily said as having taken place In the mid to late 1990's.I seriously doudt we will get any dates on screen for the future scenes especilly since the time travel plot may elimate the future by end of film.

X2 takes place shortly after X2? I see there's already some freaky time travel going on in these movies.

Yes I meant to type X-Men.X2 takes place shortly after X-Men.Clues are

1:Cyclops said a month ago Jean had trouble leviting a book and now the whole bedroom shakes when she has dream
2:Wolverine Is In Canada at begining of X2 after leaving new york at end of X-Men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"