The STUPIDEST mutant power ever: SPOILERS

Bullsear said:
At this point an irate person would bash you for stating the obvious. This is a message board, after all.
That said, think I have sufficiently argued that the character's power level (and indeed, the fact mere fact of his existence) calls for a greaters suspension of disbelief than a mainstream audience should be expected to adopt.
I'm also a little angry at your presumption that because you dissagree with me my point is poorly thought out and the result of a lack of sleep and knowledge. But, since this is a message board, and people are supposed to post their grievances, I'm not too upset .


Guys, I agree with him here. I questioned his fandom, but I sincererly take that back now, as I can tell that he is not lying. He is a fan. He is just upset at the writing, both comically and in the film. Dont bash him, for he is not you! Debate, tussle, dont fight!!!
 
Britboy said:
The comics are a very loose guideline for the films.....
All the more reason to exclude silly plot elements. If you're not going to develop Leach as a character, why use him at all? We have not introduction and no resolution, and sure as heck no explanation as to any feelings he has (aside from the implied wish for freedom), so why use him at all?
 
Bullsear said:
All the more reason to exclude silly plot elements. If you're not going to develop Leach as a character, why use him at all? We have not introduction and no resolution, and sure as heck no explanation as to any feelings he has (aside from the implied wish for freedom), so why use him at all?

Another bald character seemed like the way to go.
 
I really like the way they used him......
In a way the film was centered around him.....his being was the single most important factor from a human and mutant standpoint .

I think the government could've been used a bit more to show his importance . In X2 we had Stryker....imagine if he'd got his hands on Leech?! He would've found a way to cure the world of mutants!
 
Bullsear said:
One of my biggest problems with this film was the source of "The Cure." A mutant who can "deactivate" or "neutralize" a specific gene (let alone one as prominent as the X gene)?
Give me a break.
I can suspend my disbelief for much of the movie. I understand that it isn't possible for these people to have powers in the first place, but I am unwilling to believe that a mutant could change the genetic structure of any creature it comes in contact with instantaneously!
In order for the change we saw in Beast to occur, the mutant/cure would have to
1) remove or neutralize the X gene
2) replace the X gene or change the way it works
3) cause all cells created with the genetic code containing the X gene to die
4) create entirely new cells with neutralized or missing X genes to replace the old
5) regrow all hair and fingernails without the X gene
6) do 1 through 5 instantaneously
7) and do so without the body of the host rejecting the new cells as cancerous of flawed.

It's not just unrealistic, it's ridiculous. It is STUPID.

your complaint lies with in JOSS WHEDONS addition to the movie
 
Bullsear said:
Did you even read my post? I said I realize it's all unrealistic, but the character Leach, and anything it's based on is ridiculous. It makes no sense whatsoever, no matter if it is genuine.
It's poorly written and poorly executed, not to mention COMPLETELY unbelievable in any sense. I don't think an audience (let alone a mainstream audience) should be expected to swallow a pill like this, no matter the level to which they suspend their disbelief. It's nonsense and it's a poor plot point to base a movie around. The mutant is unnecessary. He does not add to the plot in any way.

This is probably the single most ridiculous complaint I've heard about this movie and ever will....

There are mutants that can reform their bodies from pure energy...there is nothing more ridiculous about how Leech's powers work than anything else in the comic book universe....He DOES add to the plot if you know anything about X-Men but obviously you don't....

Bullsear said:
Completely untrue. Love X-men and read 2 X titles regularly.

Sorry but then you aren't that big of an X-Fan....because if you were you'd be reading more than 2 titles as they are all entertwined and the only way to get the whole picture of the X universe is to catch pretty much every comic....

Bullsear said:
At this point an irate person would bash you for stating the obvious. This is a message board, after all.
That said, think I have sufficiently argued that the character's power level (and indeed, the fact mere fact of his existence) calls for a greaters suspension of disbelief than a mainstream audience should be expected to adopt.

heh no you haven't..you haven't given any reason why his powers are any more outrageous than anyone else's....it's much like a certain Morlock's powers Masque...Leech simply has the ability to alter the genetic structure of a mutant as to exlcude the X-Gene and then guide the body through the genetic change so it can handle the stresses, and he does it all on a subconscious level because he doesn't have control of it...that isn't any more ridiculous than Shadowcat being able to turn intangible or Wolvie regenerating from nearly nothing....
 
Im gonna have to say the worst power was fatman to little man. How craptastic.
 
stryfe said:
Im gonna have to say the worst power was fatman to little man. How craptastic.

Not if you were gonna run a weight loss scam. :up:
 
I'd have to give the award to the porcupine. He didn't even shoot out quills

Also, why did leach have an Xbbox 360, but a horrible(graphic wise) game.
 
Trainwreck2100 said:
I'd have to give the award to the porcupine. He didn't even shoot out quills

Also, why did leach have an Xbbox 360, but a horrible(graphic wise) game.


The rest of the budget went to awsome story telling or didnt you notice. Left no room to buy expensive next gen games silly.
 
I'm sure it was said in one of the comics a long time ago, that Magneto suffers from sea sickness. lol
Possible explanation for the bridge moving, as he really didn't wanna throw up all over his nice outfit
 
of all the plot holes to consider, you're worried about this mutants power?
How about how multiple man makes multiple men yet manages to stay the same size and weight? (same goes for the guy who instantly regenerates his limbs).
 
stryfe said:
The rest of the budget went to awsome story telling or didnt you notice. Left no room to buy expensive next gen games silly.
Xbox Live Arcade? Backwards compatilbility?
 
You're an idiot if you hated the leech character because you just couldn't believe it.

But in the comics, could Leech do that?
 
cyke93 said:
oh god.. now the bridge..

Juggernaut, says something about not swimming or how to get there and then magneto brings the bridge there.... umm from a structural engineer POV, moving the bridge from its support like that, it would've collapsed, every civil and mechanical engineer and architect watching the movie must've been shaking their heads in disbelief.

its a called a stupid boat ! use it ! lol or atleast get a big flat piece of metal and have magneto float there

He missed the ferry okay!

He doesn't just lift metal, he's surrounding it in magnetism to shape it and hold it, as he did with the metal disc in X2. The bridge was held in a massive magnetic field, so it wouldn't collapse. He has total control over metal so he wouldn't let it collapse.
 
I have a question. Can Magneto really fly or does he put metal in his boots and lift it up.
 
He cant fly just because. He puts himself intune witht he magnetic fields of the earth and uses them to life himself.
 
Mr. Socko said:
I have a question. Can Magneto really fly or does he put metal in his boots and lift it up.
He can control magnetic fields and can manipulate his own to fly.
 
If he simply wanted to float everyone to Alcatraz he could have done so with everyone in a few cars. He wanted to make an impact and make for an easy escape, too, and if you notice the other part of the bridge landed on the mainland.
 
Boiiinng said:
If he simply wanted to float everyone to Alcatraz he could have done so with everyone in a few cars. He wanted to make an impact and make for an easy escape, too, and if you notice the other part of the bridge landed on the mainland.

LOL! Didn't even think about that!
 
Quill's power wasn't interesting... that lizard dude Anole wasn't interesting... lets see... that mutant who blew crap in the soldiers faces... bleh.


I liked the other mutants.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"