The Dark Knight In the sequel, i want BATMAN to be like VIC MACKEY!

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
In the Batman Begins sequel, i want BATMAN to be like the FX show 'The Sheild's rogue cop VIC MACKEY!

Think about it Batman is a vigilante, so he is not bound by the laws that, let's say, regular law enforcement are bound by. Eventhough he does not intentionally kill ,at times he will have to cross the line in order to get a criminal to talk. I'd like to see Bale's Batman in the sequel really walk the line between right and wrong, and have Gordon question some of his tactics at times.

Let's face it, Batman will have to face off against the roughest of the rough from Gothams underworld, so the conventional "Tell me what i need to know, or else" routine may not always work. If anyone on here watches 'The Sheild' they'll remember the episode where Vic Mackey turns on the stove and holds down a thugs face against it scarring the guy on the grill. I'd really like to see our Batman use such tactics, as they are believable in this day and age....

...your thoughts.....

You do realize that Vic Mackey is an adulterous and murderous guy right? Not to mention he works with criminals and drug dealers. He's crooked.

Batman might be a bit of a rogue and commit some questionable acts, but he's a firm believer in justice. He doesn't cross the lines that Mackey does.

I meant with the examples i gave..

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
In the Batman Begins sequel, i want BATMAN to be like the FX show 'The Sheild's rogue cop VIC MACKEY!

Think about it Batman is a vigilante, so he is not bound by the laws that, let's say, regular law enforcement are bound by. Eventhough he does not intentionally kill ,at times he will have to cross the line in order to get a criminal to talk. I'd like to see Bale's Batman in the sequel really walk the line between right and wrong, and have Gordon question some of his tactics at times.

Let's face it, Batman will have to face off against the roughest of the rough from Gothams underworld, so the conventional "Tell me what i need to know, or else" routine may not always work. If anyone on here watches 'The Sheild' they'll remember the episode where Vic Mackey turns on the stove and holds down a thugs face against it scarring the guy on the grill. I'd really like to see our Batman use such tactics, as they are believable in this day and age....

...your thoughts.....

That sounds more like something The Punisher would do; not Batman.

Hmm..I see where your coming from - basically Batman would be like Mackey-lite?

I could see it.

While I love the character of Vic Mackey, I don't think he's someone Batman should model himself after. All-Star Batman on the other hand...

You guys are taking the Vic Mackey thing literally. Vic plants evidence and is pretty much a criminal with a badge. All i meant was that Batman should do unorthodox things to get criminals to talk, like break their fingers, etc, etc...

This thread sucks, but GrammarRobin would like to congratulate everyone who spelled "Rogue" properly. :up:

We should band together and capture Jett from BOF, hypnotise him, and program him to punch himself in the junk every time he types "rouges gallery" on BOF.

I agree with Keyser.

Batman should be more like Jack Bauer than Vic Mackey. Actually, if we were to put things properly, one would say that Jack Bauer is like Batman, because Batman's been doing that stuff for years.

Basically Batman should be like Chris Meloni on SVU. He is a good guy but will beat the **** out of you if you have info he needs/wants.

StorminNorman said:
Basically Batman should be like Chris Meloni on SVU. He is a good guy but will beat the **** out of you if you have info he needs/wants.

Or if you've done something inappropriate to an innocent. Or if you're a jerk. Or if you're stupid.

:up:

Keyser Sushi said:
Or if you've done something inappropriate to an innocent. Or if you're a jerk. Or if you're stupid.

:up:

Or French (I would normally add Canadian but I am going to leave that out for the time being).

Exactly. Chris Meloni.

But I don't watch enough SVU to make that connection, so I went with Jack Bauer minus the killing

Perfect, because I dont watch enough 24, (which makes me mad actually sense I have loved the episodes I have seen).

...your thoughts.....

I concur.:up:

StorminNorman said:
Or French (I would normally add Canadian but I am going to leave that out for the time being).

Good call, my esteemed colleague. Good call indeed.

Although quite seperately, it raises the following interesting question: Who would win in a fight, Chris Meloni, or Wolverine? And I don't mean the Hugh Jackman Wolverine, I mean the short, broad, Jack Nicholson-with-the-body-of-Henry Rollins comic-book Wolverine.

I always thought Al Pacino would have been the perfect Wolverine 20-30 years back.

raybia said:
I concur.:up:

Ah, a thinking man's man,:up:

But i did actually mean more like Bauer, Mackey was all i could think of at the time i wrote the thread. Glad to see some can read between the lines...unlike some of these other idiots who are bashing the thread.

...your thoughts.....

I could definately see this happening, but I personally would prefer something different. The beating the crap out of criminals to get info has been done before and I think it would come off as too Punisher/Blade-ish.

Honestly, I would prefer that most criminals are just so freaking scared of him from rumors that they just crap their pants and squeal to him out of fear. A great interrogation scene would be Batman beating up some thugs as usual and then just asking one for whatever info he needed. The guy keeps refusing and Batman just says nothing but starts walking closer to him until the guy finally just gives up the info out of fear.

One of the things Batman '89 did fantasically was portraying the myth and fear of Batman that criminals had. BB couldn't really do this that much since he was just starting out, but I want it to be in the sequel.

Also, do Mackey or Bauer ever dress up and go undercover? Because if they do, then Batman should be like them in that way because I would love to see Matches Malone in the sequel.

Bauer goes undercover all the time, but he doesn't dress up. He always has to go with like 2 minutes notice...no time for costumes.

I see Batman as more of the Michael Schofield (with a LOT more fighting ability, obviously) type than Vic Mackey. In case you don't know who that is, Schofield is the main character in Prison Break. He's very analytical and always has a plan in his head and is always willing to sacrifice friendships and relationships in favor of achieving an ultimate goal that he believes to be right, but none of it includes things like killing cops or criminals... its more manipulative things. But its all still fairly heroic because he's taken on this impossible task and won't give up to right what went wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"