The Dark Knight Rises I'd Like Batman 3 To Be In 3D

Since 3D is optional and you can watch it in either 2D or 3D, why are 3D haters up in arms? You dont like it, fine, let the rest of us enjoy B3 in 3D. Jesus Christ!

Well that's why you amp up the light emitted from the screen, to offset the dimness caused by the glasses.
Yes, but unless I'm mistaken, that's what they've done with all of the recent 3D transfers that weren't Avatar, and in those cases, it really didn't work, imo. I found the 3D parts of Superman Returns and Harry Potter to actually hamper the natural visuals. The only true way to compensate for this seems to be Cameron's way, and I'd rather not see Nolan alter his visual palette for the sake of shooting 3D.

Since 3D is optional and you can watch it in either 2D or 3D, why are 3D haters up in arms? You dont like it, fine, let the rest of us enjoy B3 in 3D. Jesus Christ!

There are great fiilms made in 3D but Batman shouldn't be one of them. Avatar suits in 3D, I can't see Avatar without 3D but I can with Batman.

Too much money and time spent on something that is not needed. The Nolan-verse can't benefit much from 3D. Its really just wasting money and time making it 3D if its not even going to really benefit the movie. Plus Batman 3 going into 3D is going to make a bunch of the GA think all its doing is trying to beat out Avatar.

The most 3d part avatar was the opening trailers, lol, it didn't differ at all, the battle didn't come out at you and nothing really seemed to.

It wasn't the best 3d movie I have ever seen.

Just a thought, video games 3D?

I could think of lots of other films where it would work better. I really don't think the films we've been getting from Nolan need it/could use the tech to their advantage.

Exactly. I've yet to see one legitimate point to suggest that it's a bad idea unless WB or Legendary or someone else funding the project can't afford it for some reason (unlikely). But even if you don't care if there's no legitimate reason and just don't like 3D anyway, why enforce that angst on the people who WOULD enjoy it by suggesting the film not even offer it as an option?

All films should use the fim stock too. Who cares about the fact that different filmstocks suit different films. :awesome:

Except for some of us it is not optional. My local theater has only shown Avatar in 3D. Zero 2D screenings. Hollywood's ultimate goal is probably to get rid of 2D. Oh well, hopefully 2D Blu-ray stays around for a long time.

The problem becomes when writers and directors start really going out of their way with the story/scenes just to make sure something looks "good" in 3D. It could make the story suffer.

The problem becomes when writers and directors start really going out of their way with the story/scenes just to make sure something looks "good" in 3D. It could make the story suffer.

Do you really think Nolan would let that happen? :o

Actually i think that Nolan should raise his game when it comes to cinematography. Besides the Hong Kong scenes (Fox landing on that skyscraper roof, Bruce on a cruise, Batman flying over HK) there was nothing impressive in TDK. No scene made me open my eyes wide open and go: "WOW". And this is Batman we 're talking about! He lives in a fictional city that should be impressive at the very least.

Even in Begins, one of the supposedly best scenes (that was even in the posters), the one with Batman gliding down between the stairwell of Akrham with his cape spread, lasted about 2 seconds.

Batman needs more gliding, more agility, flying, running and spying on rooftops, and a Gotham that looks like Gotham and not like a generic american city.

Actually i think that Nolan should raise his game when it comes to cinematography. Besides the Hong Kong scenes (Fox landing on that skyscraper roof, Bruce on a cruise, Batman flying over HK) there was nothing impressive in TDK. No scene made me open my eyes wide open and go: "WOW". And this is Batman we 're talking about! He lives in a fictional city that should be impressive at the very least.

Even in Begins, one of the supposedly best scenes (that was even in the posters), the one with Batman gliding down between the stairwell of Akrham with his cape spread, lasted about 2 seconds.

Batman needs more gliding, more agility, flying, running and spying on rooftops, and a Gotham that looks like Gotham and not like a generic american city.

A piece of Gotham Art from Batman: Animated.

gotham.jpg

I see no gargoyles, no "gothic" style.

If you want Burton's Gotham, go ****ing watch Burton's movies.

:applaud @ Mr. Earle

gotham.jpg

Did you even read his post? NOWHERE in there was any mention of gothicism or gargoyles. Or Tim Burton. :whatever:

Also, more rooftop stuff ftw.

Did you even read his post? NOWHERE in there was any mention of gothicism or gargoyles. Or Tim Burton. :whatever:

That looks like chicago to me. Therefore Gotham can look like Chicago, which makes sense that's why it's filmed in Chicago.

End of story

That picture actually looks awfully similar to the Chicago Board of Trade building (Wayne Enterprises in BB) to me, too.

chicagoboardoftrade2.jpg

chicagoboardoftradepost.jpg

(though obviously from above instead)

IDK, I prefer the "Gotham looking like a real American city" approach. But I'd hardly say "generic." There's nothing generic about Chicago, imo, which I'd imagine is why it was chosen in the first place.

Last edited:

gotham.jpg

What this good man says:

Basically Nolan's Gotham in TDK is a generic American city. And besides the HK fighting scene and the tumbler chase scene, nothing happened that made me go: "WOW, now this is amazing!"
Thank you! :woot:
IDK, I prefer the "Gotham looking like a real American city" approach. But I'd hardly say "generic." There's nothing generic about Chicago, imo, which I'd imagine is why it was chosen in the first place.
Actually we didnt even get to see much of Chicago in TDK. BB clearly showcased the CGI-enhanced skyline, and most scenes always had beautiful buildings in the background. In TDK it was just an urban landscape.

Well on that front, I do agree I'd like to see more skyline and rooftop shots - or better yet, rooftop sequences. *coughCatwomancough*

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"