Incredible Set Reports and Filming Updates!

Hulk feels like the bastard stepchild of hero movies. Filming off in Canada while Iron Man gets the front cover of Empire and Batman gets all the marketing attention.

I friggin' live in Hamilton,this is my first time hearing about this.Is this legit?Haven't heard about it anywhere else.
I think someone's making something up, which would be kinda effed up.

Congrats AD. Know the feeling. I was an extra in XXX:SOTU and Chris Rocks president movie (can't think of the name) as they shot it in Wash. DC, it's a long teious day but fun. Enjoy it!

Hulk feels like the bastard stepchild of hero movies. Filming off in Canada while Iron Man gets the front cover of Empire and Batman gets all the marketing attention.

That's probably because it just started filming and they have nothing to show.

From http://www.hulkmovie.com/
Hulk a Smash At CFB Trenton

The following was originally posted on The Kingston Whig-Standard:
The Hulk has arrived. Sort of. Filming for The Incredible Hulk, the next cinematic take on the rage-filled giant of Marvel Comics fame, began in Trenton yesterday.
But don't look for any towering superheroes or explosions: the actual Hulk is an entirely digital character, and scenes being shot here are relatively quiet.
The loudest noise is likely to come from the Bell 212 Twin Huey helicopters rented by the production team.
"We're thrilled to be here," executive producer Jim Van Wyck said yesterday during a brief interview.
The first scene was being filmed near the passenger terminal along Highway 2 at the base's eastern limit. Crews were planning to be shooting between about 3 p.m. and 3 a.m. both yesterday and today.
"We're getting some footage of Hummers and commandos coming through a gate," Van Wyck said, as extras in green camouflage milled around near the crew.
He said the Trenton shooting will amount to "probably about five to 10 minutes" in the final feature and involve mostly shots on the runway, with some filming happening inside a Canadian CC-130 Hercules air transport.
"People that work here will certainly recognize the base" on the screen, he said. "We're very excited about shooting C-130s and the base."
He added that comes with its own challenges.
"The biggest thing is we're inside a restricted area and so we need constant help from the base, and they've been incredibly supportive and helpful," he said, giving special recognition to Capt. Nicole Meszaros, a public affairs officer at the base.
The movie stars Edward Norton as scientist-turned-superhero Bruce Banner and Liv Tyler as Betty Ross, Banner's girlfriend and fellow scientist.
William Hurt takes over the role of her father, the Hulk-hunting Gen. Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross.
Tim Roth is Emil Blonsky, who in the comic books becomes the supervillain known as the Abomination after exposing himself to the same radiation that unleashed Banner's inner Hulk.
Of the major players, only Hurt and Roth are here. Neither was on the set for yesterday's initial shot.
The extras, meanwhile, are playing U.S. soldiers.

"Pretty much everybody is from this area," said Van Wyck.
Marvel's typically secretive security on the set makes even the base's usual military restrictions seem easygoing. All photography apart from production stills is banned, and Van Wyck said apologetically that very little can be said about the actual plot.
"All I can tell you is he's still being pursued," he told The Intelligencer last month. "The Hulk is a good soul. He's a defensive creature.
"It's just when he's attacked that he responds ... The response is usually fairly devastating and that's why he wants to find a cure: to rid himself of this thing that he becomes."
The devastation, however, is being saved for locations such as Toronto and Hamilton, where the pyrotechnics will be used. No such special effects are being shot in Trenton, Van Wyck said.
Filming is expected to last 18 weeks: 15 in Canada, two in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and one in New York.
Louis Leterrier (The Transporter, Alien: Resurrection) is directing; the screenplay has been written by Zak Penn, who also wrote the last two X-Men films.
The Incredible Hulk hits theatres June 13, 2008.

the other were at Comic-con...
2 sides of the job lol :word:

fantastic to know it has started and so far all the news is good. I am excited to see the finished product.

http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2007/07/pics_from_the_hulk_set_area.html

here's a sample
Hey there guys. Obviously I can't talk much about the Hulk film other than the fact that I'm here. I'm not allowed to take pictures of the actual set... but I talked to one of the Assistant Directors and they said I was allowed to snap some pics from the background holding and costuming area. Anyway, I thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing a couple of shots. Nothing too big or special, just fun.
My Set Security Badge
Hulk-Badge.jpg
(found by xwolverine2, thanks mate :cwink:) (if it makes frontpage news)

^ Nice badget. I have a feeling the opening credits and f/x are gonna be quite cool. Hopefully it'll start with Banner already as Hulk in middle of some action tearing through the title screen.

^ Nice badget. I have a feeling the opening credits and f/x are gonna be quite cool. Hopefully it'll start with Banner already as Hulk in middle of some action tearing through the title screen.
I think they will start with him in the jungle just about to get into the first confrontation as in the last movie.

I hope not. I hope the opening credits are quite calm. With no Hulk in them.

Anyone got any info of where they're shooting in Hamilton?

I live in Hamilton and could possibly get some pics.

OK guys, I saw the Hulk filming today!!! Not much to report aside from locations.

They are currently set up on the U of T campus at St George and College at the International Students Centre. When I got there they were setting up what looked to be a party scene (streamers and balloons on the front porch). However there were also several guys in miltary garb and several cool army vehicles parked on the street in front of the house. Across the street were several large lights and a crane for shooting, which leads me to believe the scene may be bigger then just the party. They cleared out as the rained started, but I expect stuff will be happening tonight.

I'm going to be back on campus tomorrow to study so I'm going to try and sniff around some more. And if I can remember and be discreet I will bring my camera.

Cheers!!! :D

Hey advanced dark. I live in cambridge. I go to hamilton like everyday. I was pretty friggan happy when I read this thread.

That's cool. You should have tried out on the casting call. :) See the front page of the hype. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"