INFAMOUS: Second Son

Look awesome to me,Will miss Cole though

It's been a while since I finished the last one. What were there endings? Was it that one had all conduits killed, while the other awakened the abilities in others?

I wonder if this one will follow the trend with the Karma System.

Infamous is one of the only games (until today) that I've not only not played, but never even seen any video footage of. Must change that! Especially seeing as how well the villain seems to do in all these tournaments.

Last edited:
This was the only first party game they showed that I had any interest in, inFamous is a really fun franchise.

so this is a new character with fire powers??!!

Some new info from Sucker Punch

inFAMOUS: Second Son Announced for PlayStation 4

So what’s new? I mean, what have you been up to? Cool. Us? Not much. Just a new character, new city, new powers, and all designed especially for the new PlayStation 4. I hope you’re excited – because we really are! Actually, for us it’s probably one part excitement and one part pure terror, but that’s just the way of things I guess… But here we are at last to break the months of silence: All of us at Sucker Punch are very pleased to introduce you to Delsin Rowe, and our new title Second Son! Let’s cut to the chase!

Delsin Rowe is the star of Second Son, and you probably know someone like him: A 24 year-old who is absolutely convinced he’s destined for greatness; though so far that greatness has managed to elude him. He grew up just outside Seattle, where his great – if accidental – calling comes crashing into his life. After rescuing occupants from a fiery bus wreck, he discovers that he suddenly has the ability to direct, manipulate and even transform into… Smoke. Could he have absorbed this power from one of the passengers he pulled from the wreckage?

Setting the scene: It’s been seven years since the Cole McGrath episodes and the world has clearly changed. Anyone showing signs of being a so-called “bio-terrorist” is immediately handed over to the Department of Unified Protection (DUP) — a government agency created to ensure there is never a repeat of the catastrophic events of Empire City and New Marais. So Delsin, who has never been particularly respectful of authority, finds himself caught in the DUP dragnet – And decides he’s not going to go quietly.

Along the way, Delsin is going to ask questions that are not just relevant to the world of Second Son – but to the world we all live in today. A world where we are often instructed to surrender our freedoms to help improve our security. Ben Franklin once wrote “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Is he right?

As you play Second Son, you’ll explore lots of Seattle’s familiar landmarks. As with all games in this series, the path the gameplay and story take will depend on the decisions you make along the way. Of course, we are creating all these characters and locations at a remarkable level of detail – made possible by PS4. In fact, this trailer was produced in-house using our game engine – can you tell we’re having fun with the new GPU, tools, and our new VFX system?

We’ll be back in the coming weeks with more details, but until then you’ll find us at @suckerpunchprod, #SecondSon, and www.facebook.com/infamous.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/20/infamous-second-son-announced-for-playstation-4/

Preview trailer and announcement have me interested.

So his powers are based on smoke? Now I'm more interested. Fire didn't seem as appealing.

It sounds like. I don't really think they'd make the bad ending canon, anyways.

It's seven years after the events of the last one, so its possible that they'll just keep the past as vague as possible.

Really excited for this. I love the InFamous series (especially the second one).

Apparently the name Delsin is of Native American origin. It means "He is so".

The name is a so obscure, I imagine it will factor into the plot somehow. The protagonist doesn't look very Native American though.

According to their Twitter account the trailer was mostly gameplay footage:

Markus St ‏@MarkissPhx:
@AnnoyedGamer @PlayStation @SuckerPunchProd indeed the new inFamous looks promising can't wait for Gameplay footage!

Sucker Punch ‏@SuckerPunchProd:
@MarkissPhx @AnnoyedGamer @PlayStation what did you think most of that was... we just used different camera to make it more cinematic.

Last edited:
Apparently the name Delsin is of Native American origin. It means "He is so".

The name is a so obscure, I imagine it will factor into the plot somehow. The protagonist doesn't look very Native American though.
I was going to say he did look like a mixed nationality of sorts. He really reminds me of some actor I've seen, but I can't quite hit the needle on the head of who I'm thinking of.

According to their Twitter account the trailer was all gameplay footage:
Interesting. From what I remember, inFamous 2 look pretty impressive in its own right as well, not just in the cutscenes, especially compared to the first one.

People have speculated that Cole's younger brother is finally making an appearance. That would be cool if this is the case.

I have to say, I wouldn't mind if it were to feature a female playable character. Id be open to a second protagonist

Cole has a younger brother? Was he mentioned in the previous two games? I played through each of them 3 times but I don't remember him being mentioned.

Cole has a younger brother? Was he mentioned in the previous two games? I played through each of them 3 times but I don't remember him being mentioned.
He mentioned him in one of the side missions with Nix in Infamous 2. Guess that was SP foreshadowing him eventually popping up in a future title. The brother being the Second Son, kinda makes sense

He mentioned him in one of the side missions with Nix in Infamous 2. Guess that was SP foreshadowing him eventually popping up in a future title. The brother being the Second Son, kinda makes sense

The "First Sons" were also faction in the first game, the one ran by Kessler aka Cole, so who knows.

Honestly the Cole stuff kind of went into weird directions and I'd be perfectly happy if this had nothing to do with it.

And if we never see Zeke again it'll be too soon.

I love Zeke..Most of the times

People have speculated that Cole's younger brother is finally making an appearance. That would be cool if this is the case.

I have to say, I wouldn't mind if it were to feature a female playable character. Id be open to a second protagonist
Same here. I'm all for female protagonist in games in general because there are so few, but after the watching the trailer a few times, I was kinda hoping they would say something about multiple protagonists, assuming they were keeping the ending where the conduits are all released and take over.

The "First Sons" were also faction in the first game, the one ran by Kessler aka Cole, so who knows.

Honestly the Cole stuff kind of went into weird directions and I'd be perfectly happy if this had nothing to do with it.

And if we never see Zeke again it'll be too soon.
This is really interesting and something I forgot about. Could this imply that Deslin is starting a similar group, and this is the origin of that?

I had to put this up before I turn in I'll mostlikely won't be post tomorrow due to beta testing another super hero game that now has a due Date.

Infamous: Second Son Is A PS4 Launch Title, Says Sucker Punch Dev. March 22, 2013 . 3:00pm

inFamous: Second Son is a PlayStation 4 launch title. The game will ship in Q4 2013 according to a resume from Sucker Punch’s rendering programmer.

source:Siliconera

Loved the first 2 games, in particular Infamous 2, so really looking forward to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"