Infinity War Infinty War Blu-ray

Krystal

Sidekick
Reaction score
Since there wasn't a thread about this and because today a guy who interviewed Starlin for a Las Vegas Comic Con panel revealed that there will be an extended cut of the movie on Blu-ray -- I figured why not.

I am seriously doubting the story but in the video it seems Starlin is pretty sure it is happening. Maybe Starlin really misinterpreted something the MCU folks told him but it sure would be exciting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rLRLse7O8w

Five minute video and it's not until the 3:40 or so mark that they actually talk about the cut footage and the supposed 'Special Edition' of Infinity War, and they only guess about when it would come out...sometime after the regular Blu-Ray of Infinity War and would be released just around the time of Avengers 4. And it'd just be Thanos' deleted scenes as well as other deleted scenes re-integrated into the film.

So they happily admit that this isn't coming from the Russos and aren't 100 percent sure on what they're even speculation. And I don't personally get why there'd be a special edition, regardless of this being Infinity War. None of the MCU films to my recollection have had any sort of special edition. Why start here? May as well just have a smorgasbord of deleted scenes. Even sites like io9 thought Age of Ultron would get an extended cut, and Whedon said no such director's cut would happen. I don't see this being any different.

Yeah, I think it's a really weird thing to throw out there like they did. They acted like it was a cool little scoop, whereas it would be a really big deal to do this after 20 movies. I still don't get who got this bad information.

Did they guy really misinterpret Starling or Starling misunderstood what the MCU people were saying. It seems if it were true they would have told Starling to keep it a secret.

Probably they were just talking about deleted scenes.

Some follow-up. Seems the extra Thanos stuff was removed at the script stage, not post.

https://twitter.com/antovolk/status/1014120044928880641

Deleted the initial follow-up tweets linking this to last night's possible #ThanosCut news because it looks like that whole backstory was cut at the script stage and not in post like Starlin reportedly suggests. #InfinityWar

In all actuality, may just be a few minutes of deleted scenes

The Blu-ray details show 3 scenes amounting to 6 minutes. How that guy stated that nonsense with a straight face is amazing.

I guess just being in the presence of Starlin turned his logic switch to off. That would have been so inept on Marvel's part to allow it to be "announced" in that ridiculous way.

The amount of work, time and money it takes to put a single frame of Thanos on screen no on this earth would there be a completed section of Thanos dropped for the movie.
Talking about the blu ray, I hope there is an extensive special effects reel. I want to see how Thanos was created.

I'll not sure the IMAX version is on the the Bluray or 4K disc. This is the first ever movie shot entirely with an IMAX camera so you would think Marvel Studios/Disney would release the home version with the bigger IMAX screen, not scope.

I want the steel book more than likely.

Already pre-ordered my 4k steelbook from Best Buy but I'm not a huge fan of the cover art

Remember how they kept the Steve Rogers/ Groot line secret and spoiled Peter Parker's. Well not for the Infinity War Blu-Ray marketing

Remember how they kept the Steve Rogers/ Groot line secret and spoiled Peter Parker's. Well not for the Infinity War Blu-Ray marketing

Studios are always more nonchalant about spoiling stuff for the Blu-ray marketing since they assume mostly everyone's seen it already.

Can't wait for it to get here! Also I didn't realise Avengers and AoU are now available on 4K.

Can't wait for it to get here! Also I didn't realise Avengers and AoU are now available on 4K.

The 4K discs for Avengers and AOU street on the same day as the Infinity War Blu-rays. I recently got a 4K UHD Blu-ray player so I'm definitely going to be picking up Infinity War for that, but the difference between Blu-ray and 4K UHD isn't enough for me to justify buying the first two movies again (or any other movie I already own on Blu-ray, for that matter). It's not as extreme a difference as the jump between DVD and Blu-ray. Still, the steelbook exclusives Best Buy is carrying for the first two look pretty awesome.

6260224_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

6260225_sa.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550

I'll not sure the IMAX version is on the the Bluray or 4K disc. This is the first ever movie shot entirely with an IMAX camera so you would think Marvel Studios/Disney would release the home version with the bigger IMAX screen, not scope.

The IMAX aspect ratio isn't on either.

At this point, I just can't seem to justify paying the extra money for 4K over 1080P/BR since I notice very little difference between the two when watching unless extremely close. In the rooms that I watch films in, the size of TV I'd need to see the difference at the distances I watch would be too large for the space I have and too expensive for my tastes.

At this point, I just can't seem to justify paying the extra money for 4K over 1080P/BR since I notice very little difference between the two when watching unless extremely close. In the rooms that I watch films in, the size of TV I'd need to see the difference at the distances I watch would be too large for the space I have and too expensive for my tastes.

The big difference isn't resolution it's Dobly Vision/HDR.
That is what makes a huge difference to 4K vs 1080p

I think it's plain unfair to market the heck out of Infinity War as being the first movie to be shot entirely in IMAX and then not have that IMAX format on any of home release.
It's frankly infuriating. Why not just shoot the movie normally in the first place, then?

The upgrade from VHS to DVD was massive, the upgrade of DVD to Blu-ray was unreal, I remember watching my first 'Blu-ray' and thinking OMG.

I won't invest in what follows, I'm happy with the quality of BR, having got both previous Avengers films on BR, IW will be fine for me on BR.

I may buy those steelbooks only because they look awesome. I don't have a 4K player, so no use upgrading all my Marvel films to 4K. How much are they?

I think it's plain unfair to market the heck out of Infinity War as being the first movie to be shot entirely in IMAX and then not have that IMAX format on any of home release.
It's frankly infuriating. Why not just shoot the movie normally in the first place, then?

This is disappointing to me too. My only conclusion is that they're saving the IMAX ratio version for a later release since you know this won't be the only time they release IW. It really is unfair.

The blu rays have had bad/lazy special features basically since Thor.

It sucks because the Russos themselves said that there was going to be TONS of extra footage as deleted scenes on the blu ray. I don't know why Marvel's become so adverse to showing deleted scenes on their home releases in the last several years. I really wanted to see that scene from the trailer when Thor gets Stormbreaker.

Last edited:
I may buy those steelbooks only because they look awesome. I don't have a 4K player, so no use upgrading all my Marvel films to 4K. How much are they?

They are $34.99 a piece plus tax if you can even find them in a Best Buy Store come Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"