Blu-ray release confirmed!

it's on teh regular dvd too. Its when Jason gives the illusion that Xavier and Cyclops escape Alkali and arrive to an empty school to use Cerebro.

oh so nothing exciting then :whatever:

for a second i thought we could see some new cyclops action

Covers are okay...:yay:

...I liked most of the previous dvd covers...my personal faves: the original x-men dvd...x2 steelbook...and x-men the last stand collector's edition...they should of used those...and together they look visually appealing...

...I have the editions I mentioned ok...lol

I only bought the films once via the X-men Collection. Here's what that looked like. Mine was widescreen though

1234316043.jpg

lol the only good thing about those covers is that the first 2 x-men movies say "a Bryan Singer Film" and the third one doesnt mention Ratner.

Atleast Fox knows that Ratner's name is not and will never be a selling point! :D

Bigger versions of the covers. The only things these covers got right are that the color of the uniforms match, unlike the X3 cover. Asthetically they look great (although the X-Men: The Last Stand cover is too cluttered), but as far as how the stories actually go, they proved themselves to be money driven buttheads and place Hugh and Halle front and center in all of the covers, despite the weight the characters they play hold in at least the first two films. I'm not disputing having Wolverine front and center that's the law of the land, but let's show a little variety in the covers and show a few others instead of the same two.

xmentrilogyr1artpic1.jpg

xmentrilogyr1artpic3.jpg

xmentrilogyr1artpic4.jpg

xmentrilogyr1artpic5.jpg

Bigger versions of the covers. The only things these covers got right are that the color of the uniforms match, unlike the X3 cover. Asthetically they look great (although the X-Men: The Last Stand cover is too cluttered), but as far as how the stories actually go, they proved themselves to be money driven buttheads and place Hugh and Halle front and center in all of the covers, despite the weight the characters they play hold in at least the first two films. I'm not disputing having Wolverine front and center that's the law of the land, but let's show a little variety in the covers and show a few others instead of the same two.

xmentrilogyr1artpic1.jpg

xmentrilogyr1artpic3.jpg

xmentrilogyr1artpic4.jpg

xmentrilogyr1artpic5.jpg

Cool...I've been looking for these thanks!...I like the X1 X2 and X3 in the botom corners...and on the X-Men: The Last Stand cover...Mystique's hair is hideous.

Haha. I don't know why they use that picture of Mystique. She doesn't look like that in any of the movies. Also, Angel's wearing an X-Men uniform again...

I've limited my blu-ray purchases to Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and The Dark Knight because of the prices of blu-rays being generally high. I guess I'll buy this hoping it's at a reasonable cost. The covers look terrible to me, however. It's too 'commercial' looking for me. Like the Die Hard box set release. They should have stuck with a simple logo without putting Hugh Jackman's face all over everything.

Who's that weird guy with the red visor on X3? Ohhh right, Cyclops! I forgot about him! He probably should have been on the first cover, it's definately the movie where he actually has a part. And a backbone.

I too would love an extended edition. It did so much for Daredevil, I can just imagine what it could do for X3, which I feel was a pretty good movie that 10 or so more minutes could have really heped.

Is buying the trilogy box set any different than buying all three separate dvds? Is the trilogy 6 discs?

Never-mind. I answered my own question. If someone else doesn't know, the trilogy box set has 2 discs per movie. Plus the digital copies.

Last edited:
i'll be picking these up :up: the covers arent my favorite, but i can live with it

How does the content of the blu ray x-men compare to x-men 1.5?

Hmm, I might wanna pick these up.

It seems like there is a lot more extras on these than the previous dvd's released?

The lack of Jean and Cyclops on both X-Men 1 and 2 covers really irritates me. Rogue as well should be on the first one. Of course have Wolverine the main character on all of them but Storm too? Please.

They look like commercial adds but they're appealing. I'll probably end up picking them up in the boxset if it's cheaper than buying the 3 seperately.

The lack of Jean and Cyclops on both X-Men 1 and 2 covers really irritates me. Rogue as well should be on the first one. Of course have Wolverine the main character on all of them but Storm too? Please.

They look like commercial adds but they're appealing. I'll probably end up picking them up in the boxset if it's cheaper than buying the 3 seperately.
It is. It retails for $56 on Amazon and each individual one is $24 for a total of $72

Haha. I don't know why they use that picture of Mystique. She doesn't look like that in any of the movies. Also, Angel's wearing an X-Men uniform again...

I'm surprised theres no backlash with Angel being in uniform...

X3 has quite a few characters on the cover...they could have done that with X1 and X2 covers...include some more characters.......

I agree. For instance, Rogue should at least be on the cover of X-Men.

I hate those covers so much. They only stuck a few characters on X1 and X2, but put a whole ton of them on X3. And not even the ones that make sense. Why is Angel on the cover of X3 and not Beast?

How ironic that the one film where Rogue and Cyclops earn an appearance on the cover is X3. :o

all I hope that comes out of this is that people gain access to new, unused promo pics :D

The US Trilogy set is actually the 3 regular films togeher in a slipcase

I just ordered mine. Woot.

i dont' mind the covers so much, altho i woudlnt' have minded if they used a more blue-ish grey for the 3rd film and didnt' have so many characters present. first one has wolverine, storm, magneto, and xavier. second one has wolverine and storm with deathstrike and nightcrawler. the 3rd shoudl have been wolverine and storm again, but with jean and somebody else that served a purpose in the film but who wasn't already on another cover. iono, maybe juggernaut

Bought these on Sunday. Excellent, excellent work by Fox to bring X-Men and X2 to hi-def.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"