Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
no sneak of black canary, martian manhunter or zatanna, no leaks in story mode footage, and no hints from Boon, im getting worried about the chances those 3 characters have of getting in the game as playable

Time for some guesses about teams since there is a new trailer w/ more info. I'm guessing the first Chapter is all about setting the stage, with lots of fighting among everyone and then, about a third of the way in, the teams start to cement together:

Team Batman:
Batman
Green Arrow (Batman's top "General")
Cyborg (chief source of intel)
Lex Luthor (the enemy of my enemy is my friend)
Raven (this team is going to need an underground method of transportation...Raven fills that role)
Aquaman (a tidal wave is seen crashing on Superman troops; Aquaman is king of 2/3 of the Earth...probably doesn't like his jurisdiction being ruled from above)
Deathstroke (fighting alt Wonder Woman in trailers)
Harley Quinn (future alt Harley appears to be helping Batman, later it appears Joker is trying to get her back)
Grundy (Batman's going to need some muscle and he's always had sort of an understanding of Grundy)

Team Superman:
Superman
Wonder Woman (Superman's top "General")
Hal Jordan (Yellow Lantern...rule by Fear)
Hawk Girl (fighting future alt suit Lex)
Nightwing (always fighting someone on team Batman)
Sinestro (this whole story, everything that happens to Superman, is basically built off of Sinestro's back story...he then ruled his world under his iron fist)
Bane (experience hunting Batman)

Independent/Mixed/Unknown:
Joker (nobody is going to want his help, he appears to by trying to get Quinn back when he gets shocked by Luthor in the trailer)
Flash (his dialogue in these trailers suggest he starts on Team Superman but he regrets it and eventually will betray them and defect to team Batman)
Catwoman (you would think she would be close to Batman but I see her fighting Batman and Harley in the trailers: I'm guessing she is recruited by team Superman, by fear, to find Batman; I can see her working both sides)
Shazam (Will he be convinced by "heroes" as easily as a child (team Superman) or will the Wisdom of Solomon (team Batman) prevail?)
Black Adam (likely recruited by whatever side is opposite Shazam)
Doomsday (I bet he's brought in by Joker as an independent)
Ares (Just likes the war for the sake of war)

Any thoughts or comments on these guesses?

Last edited:
or all of them.........lol

Cause Aquaman is a dead ringer for this game. We need females, and the only mentioned or seen are Hawkgirl. A Wonder Woman villian should be included, so Ares is included. Green Lantern needs a villian, plus he had on Sinestro's ring/uniform. Lastly, Shazam was in MK vs DC, so he and Black Adam are a shoe in. Im tired of them beating around the bush.

Also, Raven's new 52 outfit is eye gouging bad. I just wanted to smack Kenneth Rocafort and the DC editors for making and green lighting this design.

Raven could also be on Team Superman, too.

remember they said she was using portals to teleport villains.

so, on Team Superman, she could be transporting the villains to prison.

also, she was fighting Lex in that magazine pic.

or, if she's on Team Batman, she could be teleporting the villains to "rescue" them from Superman's regime.

personally, I hope she's on the resistance team.

I bet Supes is going to try and send the villains to the phantom zone

or, if she's on Team Batman, she could be teleporting the villains to "rescue" them from Superman's regime.

I think Raven is just transporting villains in the early game, when things are just breaking down and the stage is being set for open rebellion. I'm guessing she's a key need on Team Batman and will go there as the story develops.

I think the first third of the story will have everyone probably starting in more traditional roles and then things quickly break down into the rebellion as the story develops. There are probably some early fights between people who will eventually come together on the same side of the rebellion.

Last edited:

also, she was fighting Lex in that magazine pic.

I dont think she's on Supes side. When she was teleporting villians, Lex and Bats were on opposing sides. I cant wait to see how she looks like in her future outfit.

But what really gets me is why would Hippolyta(Wonder Woman's mother) let her daughter become a dictator and let Amazon oppress others. Unless the Joker killed Hippolyta also, which sparked a grudge against mankind.

here is a link to an interview video with hector

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...nline-training-mode-game-frame-data-and-more/

likin the in game frame data

I dont think she's on Supes side. When she was teleporting villians, Lex and Bats were on opposing sides. I cant wait to see how she looks like in her future outfit.

But what really gets me is why would Hippolyta(Wonder Woman's mother) let her daughter become a dictator and let Amazon oppress others. Unless the Joker killed Hippolyta also, which sparked a grudge against mankind.

I too am surprised that Diana would side with Supes on this, but I guess she is willing to do "what it takes" to control criminals, she did snap maxwell lords neck afterall

as long as it doesn't look as hideous as her DC 52 bird-armor thing..........

here is a link to an interview video with hector

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...nline-training-mode-game-frame-data-and-more/

likin the in game frame data

I too am surprised that Diana would side with Supes on this, but I guess she is willing to do "what it takes" to control criminals, she did snap maxwell lords neck afterall

This story seems to be heavily rooted in the Kingdom Come story. In Kingdom Come she took a similarly extreme position. She and Superman go to Atlantis to ask permission to build an undersea prison. Arthur respectfully calls her "princess" and she corrects him saying she was stripped of her royal heritage b/c her sisters found she failed in her mission to make the world a better place. ...perhaps she comes to a similar conclusion after Joker nukes Metropolis.

Last edited:
This story seems to be heavily rooted in the Kingdom Come story. In Kingdom Come she took a similarly extreme position. She and Superman go to Atlantis to ask permission to build an undersea prison. Arthur respectfully calls her "princess" and she corrects him saying she was stripped of her royal heritage b/c her sisters found she failed in her mission to make the world a better place. ...perhaps she comes to a similar conclusion after Joker nukes metropolis.

True, but from what i've seen, she has full command over the Amazons. Like i've said before, Hippolyta would never let her daughter do something like this. Which makes me think that Hippolyta was killed as well. Maybe by Ares, Circe, or Cheetah.

True, but from what i've seen, she has full command over the Amazons. Like i've said before, Hippolyta would never let her daughter do something like this. Which makes me think that Hippolyta was killed as well. Maybe by Ares, Circe, or Cheetah.

I don't know Wonder Woman comics so if you say Hippolyta wouldn't do this then I believe you. Lex seems to be the mastermind behind the beginnings of this story from his comments in the trailer. He manipulates people (Joker) and events to break down Superman...perhaps he does something similar to Wonder Woman....this sounds like something that might come to light in the comic.

You people have to remember this is Netherealm's take on the franchise, i don't know why people still insist things have to be based off the comics or taken source material from there constantly, why can't they define Wonder Woman as someone like this?

I'm really loving everything I'm seeing so far and it's so good to see that the story isn't something generic from a fighting game. I wonder if the world will EVER revert to peace again...

I think you can see Aquaman in the water at 1:56. I'm trying to cut and paste a jpg to show this but it isn't working out. I had to go frame by frame but you can see the silhouette of a man in the water, upright w/ arms spread out Jesus style, as if he is controlling it.

Last edited:
Looking at the armor more closely, I'd say the male army is Aquaman's. Hopefully we'll get to see Wonder Woman and Aquaman duke it out.

Looking at the armor more closely, I'd say the male army is Aquaman's. Hopefully we'll get to see Wonder Woman and Aquaman duke it out.

They look like Roman hoplites but w/ Egyptian spears or scythes.....They do seem to have an Atlantian "A" on their backs...it could be they are attacking right after the tidal wave?

Aquaman_in_water.jpg

Last edited:
^^I don't know. The male warriors don't look aquatic enough to be Atlantians. My bet is that its Ares's army. Although you might be on to something.

what an awesome trailer! the story itself is interesting nonetheless. i always love these alternate universe stories.

Seeing all this I kind of wish Marvel would make a Marvel-only beat'em up title. I hardly use the Capcom characters and would rather see a deeper roster of Marvel characters like this will have for DC.

Seeing all this I kind of wish Marvel would make a Marvel-only beat'em up title. I hardly use the Capcom characters and would rather see a deeper roster of Marvel characters like this will have for DC.
they did but the problem is the way it was done for other systems besides the Wii U. which will be the only console where it will be tolerable.

Last edited:
Few things. I think the game looks awesome. But what's with the stupid trim on supes midsection? Wish the costumes weren't so bulky. Does anyone know where I can find the music in that trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"