Introducing Carol to MCU

Discussion in 'Captain Marvel' started by ajpro, Jan 24, 2015.

?

What movies do you want Carol appear before her solo movie?

1. Avengers: Age of Ultron

2. Captain America: Civil War

3. Guardians of the Galaxy 2

4. Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1

5. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

6. Other (one-shot, etc.)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ajpro Registered

This topic has been discussed but I think it deserves its own thread. How do you want Carol to be introduced into existing Marvel Cinematic Universe? When do you want her to appear? Should she already appear as Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel before solo movie? Maybe even a story arc in AoS or One-shot?

Personally, I see Carol being mentioned in Civil War as a pilot (maybe even without showing her face). Then she can appear in GOTG 2 with Mar-Vell as Ms. Marvel and together they can have an action scene (something like Quicksilver in DOFP). This will let her appear in the end of Infinity War Pt. 1 (she is coming back to Earth to help Avengers) which will lead into her solo movie.

Anyway, guys what do you think?

2. Mike Murdock Registered

There are persistent rumors that she'll appear early (particularly since T'Challa appears before his movie), but it's tough to say for sure. I'm not sure her movie needs to be an origin movie, but we haven't gotten a real non-origin story yet (except the Hulk) so it's tough to say how else to really introduce her.

If they want her to go in with full powers, I would suggest having Agents of SHIELD explore her origins and give her powers. On top of that, I still wonder whether Jessica Jones is going to have her (or if they're thought of a workaround). GOTG2 isn't a bad idea either, but seems less pressing (there's a lot of things there without the need for one more).

3. coluanprime Registered

I would say a cameo in A2 or CW if she's in the army. If they want to do SWORD (Which they really should!) they should introduce her in GOTG2.

4. Mister J Enlightened to the Great Darkness

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 would be a nice spot; somewhat mirroring the books. It'd provide the cosmic background that leads into Carol's Kree connection. A SWORD setup practically writes itself.

5. Snow Queen 4AF (she/her)

I'd rather she just had a cameo in another film as a fighter pilot and then her first big appearance is in her own film. Introduce Mar-Vell in Guardians 2 and have him in IWP1, then Captain Marvel can be an origin.

6. queendarkness12 The Queenmaker

It would be a good way for the audience to get to know her, before her solo.

7. MbJ Registered

There was a persistent rumor that she [BLACKOUT] was going to appear at the very end of Age of Ultron, with a pretty reliable source telling me she was written in as 'Ms. Marvel'.[/BLACKOUT]

Since we know they're going the Captain route that may have changed, but had that been the initial plan it's possible they could give her a supporting role in Civil War before doing her origin tale in 2018.

Make her really kick ass and get the audience interested in her story.

8. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I'd like to see her have a small role in CW, then a larger one in IW:pt.1 before she gets powers in her own movie. I'd just like to see as much of regular Air Force badass Carol as possible before she becomes a superhero.

9. kvz5 HBIC

10. Snow Queen 4AF (she/her)

I'm hoping not, it'd mean I'd have to go see Guardians 2 in theaters. My wallet can't take this on top of all the others. :hehe:

11. Gusto Registered

Age of Ultron or Civil War are likely's for me.

If not I don't imagine we'll see her in IW Part I unless it acts as a prequel to the events of her own film (right after) - which I imagine is the usual intro movie anyway, setting her up for Part II.

12. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

This will seem a little off kilter but... Why not build her up on the SHIELD show first, then in a small part in CIVIL WAR, then her solo adventure?

13. Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Gunn has been pretty adamant about keeping Quill as the only human in GotG.

14. MbJ Registered

At least in Season One the writers and producers were adamant about not doing stuff that is key to the movies on the show, because they felt it'd be unfair and essentially strong arming people into watching the show just to understand what was going on in the films.

Though they seem to have abandoned that (what with introducing the Inhumans), there might be some contractual stuff.

15. Mister J Enlightened to the Great Darkness

I took that as placement on the team. A glorified cameo as part as an initiative looking further into potential threats in space, separate from the actual team, is fine by me.

16. AndrewGilkison Registered

Unless the Guardians are going to earth in the sequel I don't see how a human Air Force fighter pilot Carol would be in Guardians 2 unless it was a mid/post credit tag to set up the Captain Marvel movie.

Personally, that is how I would handle her introduction. Outside of having her name mentioned by somebody (like they did with Dr. Strange in Winter Soldier) or a shot a female pilot with her face covered I probably wouldn't have her appear in another Marvel movie/show unless her role in it is Black Panther level (which I doubt it would be given that she isn't a princess of a country that controls the same metal Captain America's shield is made out of, which is why he's gonna be in Civil War before his own movie).

17. Lilbaz Registered

Would be nice for her to appear in AOS as a cameo first, before she gets her powers. If they are going to have a shared universe then share it. Have it written in their contract that they appear on at least one tv episode (which ever show you want). Doubt it would cost Marvel that much more.

18. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yeah, I am all for Carol eventually ending up in space with the Guardians, but AFTER she becomes Captain Marvel. And I don't see the Guardians coming to Earth in GotG2, so I really don't expect to see her in that movie at all. But Cap3 is the perfect place to see her given that she should be in the Air Force right now, so I'll be a little disappointed if she doesn't at least get a cameo there.

19. MbJ Registered

It definitely won't happen but it'd be cool if she had a guest spot in an episode of AKA Jessica Jones as Jessica's BFF who is enlisted in the Air Force (hence why we never see her).

20. Darkraid Registered

Since her movie is after Avengers 3 part 1, do you think we will see her in part 1 or do we have to wait a few months for her intro?

21. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Well now that Civil War's well into production and all that, I have resigned myself to the fact that the wish I posted earlier in this thread - that she be introduced in a small role in Civil War - is apparently not gonna happen. So now I'm just crossing my fingers that yes, she will be introduced in Infinity War: Part 1. And I do strongly suspect that to be the case given the placement of her movie always came shortly after that movie, even before the Spidey movie forced the Phase 3 shuffle.

#21 flickchick85, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  22. Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

I don't see Carol being introduced in GOTG. Too much of her backstory would be needed to establish her character. I don't like the idea of her just appearing in space. It wouldn't be a good place to start introducing her.

Infinity War would be the best option. Mar-Vell can be introduced or at least alluded to in GOTG and shows up in IW. A non-superpowered Carol Danvers can be introduced in IW part 1. She gets exposed to the psyche magnitron. An end credits scene has Carol on a hospital bead after the incident, her hands start glowing with energy and cut to black.

23. SwiftFox Registered

I can't help but wonder if they introduce Carol in Dr. Strange.

24. Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

They were pretty good friends back in the day, but I just don't see Carol showing up and a Doctor Strange movie. She just doesn't fit in.

25. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Yeah, I wouldn't rule it out but it seems pretty unlikely to me.