Batman Begins DVD
Discs: 1
Audio: 5.1 Dolby Digital
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
Run Time: 134mins
Subtitles: English, Arabic, German, German Narrative, Hebrew, Icelandic

Batman Begins Blu-ray
Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 5.1, English 5.1 Dolby Digital, Castilian Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, German 5.1 Dolby Digital, Italian 5.1 Dolby Digital.
Run Time: 140 mins approx.
Subtitles: English, Castilian Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish

Extra Content
- In Movie Experience
- The Dark Knight IMAX Prologue
- Tankman Begins
- Batman - The Journey Begins
- Shaping Mind and Body
- Gotham City Rises
- Cape and Cowl
- Batman - The Tumbler
- Path to Discovery
- Saving Gotham City
- Genesis of the Bat
- Reflections on Writing Batman Begins
- Digital Batman
- Batman Begins Stunts
- Confidential Files
- Stills Gallery

The Dark Knight DVD
Audio: English, Italian
Run Time: 145mins approx
Subtitles: English, Arabic, Greek, Hebrew, Icelandic, Italian

The Dark Knight Blu-ray
Discs: 2
Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 5.1, Dolby Digital: English 5.1 Dolby, Brazilian Portuguese 5.1, Castilian Spanish 5.1, French 5.1, German 5.1, Italian 5.1, English 2.0 Audio Descriptive Service.
Aspect Ratio: 2.4:1
Run Time: 153mins approx
Subtitles: English, Brazilian Portuguese, Castilian Spanish, Complex Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish

Extra Content
- Gotham Uncovered: Creation of a Scene
- Batman Tech
- Batman Unmasked: The Psychology of The Dark Knight
- Gotham Tonight
- The Galleries

Total Film Advertisment

03119c9c.png

Last edited:
Oh man...this makes me excited for when BB/TDK/TDKR are released as a trilogy pack!!!!!

So no mention of the TDKR prologue? Crap, I still might buy this anyway, lol.

I already own BB and TDK on Blu Ray. Nothing here really that makes me want to buy again. I might not even buy TDKR when it comes out, because then I'll buy the trilogy pack, which will surely have some great extras and packaging. I'd feel stupid if I bought TDKR on blu ray, and then I bought all three films again for the trilogy pack. lol

I forgot to post the advertisement that was in Total Film, I can't seem to find myself. If anybody has it, please post it.

So there's new cases? Nothing about that seems worthy of a repurchase.

I already own BB and TDK on Blu Ray. Nothing here really that makes me want to buy again. I might not even buy TDKR when it comes out, because then I'll buy the trilogy pack, which will surely have some great extras and packaging. I'd feel stupid if I bought TDKR on blu ray, and then I bought all three films again for the trilogy pack. lol

For me it doesn't matter, I'll buy all of it, y'know why?

[YT]3OyrX11cMkE[/YT]

So the only difference between these and the existing Blu Rays are the covers? I was thinking earlier today about buying the double pack, but I think I'll give it a miss until the trilogy boxset comes around.

I have a feeling that a US version will be announced soon and will include a HD version of TDKR prologue

I pre-ordered the Steelbook double feature. However, if those individual ones are Steelbook, then I'm going to order those. I'm a sucker for Steelbooks, especially when they look good. I'm surprised that TDKR Prologue isn't on TDK's Special Features. Unless it's something that they are going to release in the US only? That would be stupid if they did that, but you never know.

They seriously think ppl will double dip on these while not have anything new and exciting to offer? That's a draw for me where I come from lol

I wouldn't buy these even if they were both remastered with better HD 1080P transfers, came with the 7 min prologue and half off the TDKR admission price :funny:

I think waiting for the trilogy box set is a better idea as that'll actually have new special features.

I just hope for the trilogy box set they redo the transfers for both BB and TDK.

I still don't have Begins on blu-ray. I'm thinking about picking that up and watching it before seeing Rises. This release is redundant but the packaging is nice, especially the Begins cover... though I wouldn't have chosen that particular image for the TDK one.

I have seen the re-releases of the Blu rays at my job and I can confirm that no TDKR prologue is on either disc. It's essentially the same blu ray with a $5 off coupon for TDKR ala the Batman Begins gift set from last year.

I have seen the re-releases of the Blu rays at my job and I can confirm that no TDKR prologue is on either disc. It's essentially the same blu ray with a $5 off coupon for TDKR ala the Batman Begins gift set from last year.

Kind of lame, but I can only hope they're hoarding the new content for now so the trilogy set has more never before seen stuff when it's presumably released this winter.

hahaha what an utterly shamelessly obvious marketing ploy the order of the movies on the cover is /facepalm

Kind of lame, but I can only hope they're hoarding the new content for now so the trilogy set has more never before seen stuff when it's presumably released this winter.

That's the theory. There is additional content they have been working on, but they felt there was a market to do a double dip prior to the release of TDKR for numerous reasons. My sources had mentioned potentially adding on the TDKR prologue, but in the end its all about overhead. It's cheaper for WB to just reissue the original blu-rays in a new package and call it good for the time being. There was talk of adding a "coupon" with a code you could enter online to "unlock" the prologue digitally, but that never got off the ground.

Since the steelbooks had previously been released in other markets, this was a nice compromise and a way to generate some BD revenue.

Having said that, my understanding is that the trilogy release will be pretty hefty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"