The Dark Knight Rises The TDK/BB Blu-Ray Re-Release Thread

Do you think they threw TDK before Begins because it's the most recognizable of the 2 films by the General Audience?

There are a lot of people who saw TDK and still haven't seen BB.

I'm not a big fan of these releases because less than a year later they'll come out with the complete trilogy edition anyways.

Even for harry potter they actually bundled years 1-6 or 1-7.1 i think just before the release of the final one. i mean come on have a little patience and wait.

Not if people keep buying them, in whatever version it is.

I know there's a DVD of TDK which is IMAX aspect ratio for the entire film... is there such a Blu-ray tho...?

I know there's a DVD of TDK which is IMAX aspect ratio for the entire film... is there such a Blu-ray tho...?

That cover for BB and TDK on bluray looks beast! But, I'm willing to wait until TDKR gets put on bluray and it becomes the Trilogy Set. :woot:

But, this is just the UK version. I really really, REALLY hope the US version is different like they did with BB's limited edition dvd gift set and it included a USB flash drive for HD images of TDK, a short quick shot clips from TDK and even a $7 dollar off ticket for TDK.

http://host.trivialbeing.org/up/tdk-jul9-batman-begins-limited-edition.jpg

you think WB might do the samething with this to increase the hype for TDKR? :D

I'm going to wait for the trilogy set, unless a family member or my wife buys this for me when it releases (which is what happened with BB and TDK BR's being in my collection).

It's like when they released the LotR trilogy on BR, but not the extended editions? Patience.

I don't get what the big deal is. Why don't you buy them and enjoy them for a while, and then when the inevitable trilogy boxset comes out, then sell the other two and apply that money towards the purchase of the trilogy? It's not like they are going to set you back that much money.

Last edited:
I'm going to wait for the trilogy set, unless a family member or my wife buys this for me when it releases (which is what happened with BB and TDK BR's being in my collection).

It's like when they released the LotR trilogy on BR, but not the extended editions? Patience.

One of the main reasons why they do this. A lot of people who don't know just buy it not realizing a better version is more likely to come out later.

there shouldn't be such a release, they would have to either badly stretch or crop the 35mm stuff to fill a 16:9 TV the way the IMAX stuff does. Not sure why anyone would want to watch that, the only thing I've heard is some wanting TDK as it was shown in normal theaters without all of the IMAX stuff in 2.35:1 because they find the shifting annoying.

I finally just parted with my Begins and TDK DVDs even though I've had the blu rays, the problem with selling older stuff like that is you have to sell a lot of it to really make any kind of profit. I'll buy the box set if it has new content, if it ends up just being the old blu rays in box with TDKR I'll pass. Never been a packaging ****e...

Last edited:
even though i already own BB & TDK on blu-ray, i will definitely buy the trilogy 3-pack when it comes out

I will buy both trilogy-boxset and the singular TDKR bd.

I'm gonna buy The Dark Knight Rises, not on blu-ray or dvd, I mean the actual thing. Y'know...

...I'm gonna go to sleep now.

I finally just parted with my Begins and TDK DVDs even though I've had the blu rays, the problem with selling older stuff like that is you have to sell a lot of it to really make any kind of profit. I'll buy the box set if it has new content, if it ends up just being the old blu rays in box with TDKR I'll pass. Never been a packaging ****e...

Although I have the Blu-Rays I would still have a hard time parting with my TDK DVD because it's the "Why So Serious" version with the journal included Circuit City released not long before they shut down It's the best packaging in any DVD IMO.
Gotta admit I'm a packaging ****e.

Still after TDKR comes out and I watch several times in IMAX. I'm gonna mark that down on my Christmas List to have TDKR on Bluray. :D It's going to be the best bluray in the world..., no Most Perfect Bluray in the world! :woot:

Still not letting go of both my DVD versions of batman begins and dark knight. Same with the rerelease of thr batman begins blu ray and dark knight.

And i don't see any reason triple dip at this new release just for a new case and both movies in one packaging.

As far as i'm concerned, once the bluray/dvd for rises is out that's it for me. If nolan has anything to do with it? I doubt there'll be re-releasing the trilogy with any additional features.

I'm not saying it isn't possible but with nolan's track record for behind-the-scenes material? Not holding my breath.

Still not letting go of both my DVD versions of batman begins and dark knight. Same with the rerelease of thr batman begins blu ray and dark knight.

And i don't see any reason triple dip at this new release just for a new case and both movies in one packaging.

As far as i'm concerned, once the bluray/dvd for rises is out that's it for me. If nolan has anything to do with it? I doubt there'll be re-releasing the trilogy with any additional features.

I'm not saying it isn't possible but with nolan's track record for behind-the-scenes material? Not holding my breath.
You forget about one thing in Nolan's pattern. yes, he has not released bonus edition versions of any of his movies, nor for BB and TDK. But I get the feeling hes been waiting for the right time to do it after building up his story of Batman. Once TDKR comes out on bluray and its become a full fledged Trilogy he wants it to be he'll start adding in the material that he couldn't put in to be shown on bluray for BB and TDK and especially for TDKR. I love to see what the full cut of his trilogy looks like, that should be very interesting and exciting to watch if its a more then an an hour or two. :woot: Perfect Trilogy bluray Set for any batman fan. :woot:

You forget about one thing in Nolan's pattern. yes, he has not released bonus edition versions of any of his movies, nor for BB and TDK. But I get the feeling hes been waiting for the right time to do it after building up his story of Batman. Once TDKR comes out on bluray and its become a full fledged Trilogy he wants it to be he'll start adding in the material that he couldn't put in to be shown on bluray for BB and TDK and especially for TDKR. I love to see what the full cut of his trilogy looks like, that should be very interesting and exciting to watch if its a more then an an hour or two. :woot: Perfect Trilogy bluray Set for any batman fan. :woot:

Y'know, i'd love for it that i'm wrong. Because i'd be part of the many people who'd rush to pick up that edition on the day of release.

Really! But, i'm not going to hold my breath because i don't want to disappoint mself with the vain hope if it doesnt happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"