The Avengers Iron man and Hulk

Hmarrs

Sidekick
Reaction score
In the Avengers

What's with the wierd connection between Stark and Banner?

In the Movie Stark seemed completly pre-occupied with Banner.
He even tells him"I'm a big fan of yours and that whole Green raging monster thing you do."
Was Stark interested in Banner because he was an intellect like him.
Was it his curiousity,his egocentricness???Or was he thinking of a way of harnessing his energy.
Also in the end they rode away together what's the connection or what is the buildup?
Future tie-ins?

Last edited:
dont know the connection end-tail im sure we'll find out in AVENGERS 2 or IRON MAN 3 since starks fighting MANDERIN might need banners help.

by the way hamrrs-rider ash is back sent him to TIH vs HULK board looking for us.

In the Avengers

He even tells him"I'm a big fan of yours and that whole Green raging monster thing you do."
Was Stark interested in Banner because he was an intellect like him.
Was it his curiousity,his egocentricness???Or was he thinking of a way of harnessing his energy.
Also in the end they rode away together what's the connection or what is the buildup?
Future tie-ins?
might have something to do with the cut scenes with Tony in TIH. I remember Tony was there because he was over seeing Blonsky's transfer.

They connected on an intellectual level, plus Stark got a kick out of a meek little nerdy dude unleashing something so big and destructive as Hulk. He seemed fascinated by the whole concept, believing that deep down a part of Hulk and his rage came from Banner.

And Banner appreciated someone treating him like a normal scientist, as well as addressing his Hulk alter ego with straightforward wry humor, as opposed to tiptoeing around the subject in fear as most tend to do.

There's more to it of course, but I'd say that's the gist of their bromance.

They connected on an intellectual level, plus Stark got a kick out of a meek little nerdy dude unleashing something so big and destructive as Hulk. He seemed fascinated by the whole concept, believing that deep down a part of Hulk and his rage came from Banner.

And Banner appreciated someone treating him like a normal scientist, as well as addressing his Hulk alter ego with straightforward wry humor, as opposed to tiptoeing around the subject in fear as most tend to do.

There's more to it of course, but I'd say that's the gist of their bromance.

A lot of their connection stemmed from the fact that Tony identified with Bruce's dilemma on a deep level. Tony & Bruce shared a kinship that went beyond their roles as scientists, which Whedon skillfully examined. As Tony pointed out, both of them had near-death experiences that left them irrevocably changed both physically and emotionally. Tony was kidnapped and nearly killed, left with shrapnel near his heart, an arc reactor in his chest and a suit of armor that made him one of the most powerful beings on the planet. Similarly, Bruce nearly died in his gamma radiation accident/experiment and was left with a raging beast inside that made him both extremely powerful and extremely dangerous. Their experiences were two sides of the same coin, which Tony helped Bruce to understand and accept.

One purpose of their relationship was to allow Tony to open Bruce's eyes to the possibility that "The Other Guy" could be a force for good if only he would let go of his fear and embrace all aspects of his being. When he told Bruce to "strut," he wasn't just trying to get him to "hulk out," but encouraging him to take ownership of the Hulk and direct his power towards good ends. Tony's belief in Bruce helped Bruce believe in himself. That is why Tony knew Bruce would come back for the Battle of New York even when everyone else, even Bruce himself, doubted that he would.

The writing and acting were very subtle and never beat the audience over the head with the reasons for their relationship, for which Whedon, Downey and Ruffalo should be congratulated.

Yup, he helped Banner believe the Hulk could also be a "terrible privilege."

Their friendship is destined to rail, or at the very least, get a little rocky. Once Banner finds out about that Hulkbuster armor, I don't think he'll be happy with Tony.

Well before any plot emerges regarding rocking their newfound bromance; one must wonder on why Hulk at least won't show up to try and help Stark since unlike Captain America, SHIELD (BW/Hawkeye), and Thor, Hulk is really the only one that won't have anything really big going on and we know that Banner watches the news and is kept up-to-date about the major stuff happening in the world and I would think that Stark being attacked by Mandarin would catch some media attention.

Well before any plot emerges regarding rocking their newfound bromance; one must wonder on why Hulk at least won't show up to try and help Stark since unlike Captain America, SHIELD (BW/Hawkeye), and Thor, Hulk is really the only one that won't have anything really big going on and we know that Banner watches the news and is kept up-to-date about the major stuff happening in the world and I would think that Stark being attacked by Mandarin would catch some media attention.

That is easily explained. Banner went off the grid after The Avengers. Feige stated that Tony dropped Bruce at the Port Authority and he headed right out of town. Since Bruce likes to go to really remote places, usually outside the US, we can assume that he is going to be somewhere on another continent when Tony is attacked.

Say Bruce is in Asia or South America again. Returning to the US, presumably without a passport or much money, would take quite a while. Hulk doesn't fly, he leaps, and he can't be expected to care where Banner wants to go or even to be able to aim himself at the right place. It's not like he has some sort of internal GPS guiding him. On top of that, the trailer made it look as if Tony himself has to go off-grid as the result of Mandarin's attack. If that's the case, Banner/Hulk wouldn't have any idea where he was anyway. Another factor is time. The events of IM3 could very well take place quickly, over the space of a couple of days, which wouldn't give Banner time to get to Tony. There would be no way for Hulk to help if he couldn't reach Tony and didn't know where the billionaire was even if he could get there.

That is easily explained. Banner went off the grid after The Avengers. Feige stated that Tony dropped Bruce at the Port Authority and he headed right out of town. Since Bruce likes to go to really remote places, usually outside the US, we can assume that he is going to be somewhere on another continent when Tony is attacked.

Say Bruce is in Asia or South America again. Returning to the US, presumably without a passport or much money, would take quite a while. Hulk doesn't fly, he leaps, and he can't be expected to care where Banner wants to go or even to be able to aim himself at the right place. It's not like he has some sort of internal GPS guiding him. On top of that, the trailer made it look as if Tony himself has to go off-grid as the result of Mandarin's attack. If that's the case, Banner/Hulk wouldn't have any idea where he was anyway. Another factor is time. The events of IM3 could very well take place quickly, over the space of a couple of days, which wouldn't give Banner time to get to Tony. There would be no way for Hulk to help if he couldn't reach Tony and didn't know where the billionaire was even if he could get there.

Well when you put it that way, it does make a lot of sense.

I do hope that before Mark's time with the role is over that we get to see the Hulk and Banner character find some closure to his self-imposed exile. I mean didn't he and Betty at least attempt towards having a relationship after he was the Hulk, to the point where they got married and such.

I'd like to see him go back and attempt to live on life to the best of his abilities with someone as opposed to always being on the run because at some point, just like how the presentation of the Hulk being a neutral and reactive chaos factor got tiring for some people, they had to shift him towards being more of a force for good consistently in the films, hence the presentation and portrayal that we got in "The Avengers", so I hope that Banner is allowed to find a new status quo in life as well.

Their friendship is destined to rail, or at the very least, get a little rocky. Once Banner finds out about that Hulkbuster armor, I don't think he'll be happy with Tony.

I think Bruce wouldn't be that surprised given the little fight he had with Thor on the carrier. Stark having a just in case would probably be fine. As long as Stark doesn't always bring it to a meeting......

I think Bruce wouldn't be that surprised given the little fight he had with Thor on the carrier. Stark having a just in case would probably be fine. As long as Stark doesn't always bring it to a meeting......
I'm expecting a reaction similar to the moment Bruce found told Fury he knew what that metal cage was for. He and Tony seem to be good friends so I think Bruce would feel betrayed in some way if Tony kept it a secret from him.

See just going from that IM3 trailer I didn't get the impression Tony made that suit to fight the Hulk, but in a "I wanna smash through stuff with my bare hands like Banner" jelousy way.

Yeah Igor seems to be a Hulkish Iron Man as opposed to a deterrent for the Hulk.

Over at Latino Review, they're saying one of the stingers, which was seen at the Paris premiere, in the credits is of [BLACKOUT]Tony boring Banner to sleep with his various stories of traumas he's suffered. Tony gets made at him for falling asleeep and procedes to put him asleep again. Looks like the bromance is on the rocks.[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
Over at Latino Review, they're saying one of the stingers, which was seen at the Paris premiere, in the credits is of [BLACKOUT]Tony boring Banner to sleep with his various stories of traumas he's suffered. Tony gets made at him for falling asleeep and procedes to put him asleep again. Looks like the bromance is on the rocks.[/BLACKOUT]

lol

I saw the clip and it was pretty funny. Though it's nice to see that they're continuing off with this friendship of theirs since it seems like Banner and Stark were really the only Avengers that ended up becoming genuine friends from the events of the film. Plus, this kind of brings things to full circle since their characters have now both had cameos in their respective solo films, with Stark having appeared at the end of TIH and Banner at the end of Iron Man 3.

Well that and it was a nice small treat to see Mark as Banner again, even in this position, since we won't see him again until Avengers 2.

I'm hoping for a solo movie featuring both of them!

Avengers_zps5a6666a6.jpg

Science Bros forever.

[BLACKOUT]I loved this post credits scene, very low key but it really made me laugh, although it raises a lot of questions, why is Banner back from where ever he went off to after the avengers? Did he come back when he heard Tony was in trouble but was too late to help? Is so, why was he so bored by the story, if they are friends, Banner would be concerned...? it kinda implies to me that the scene is a fair way in the future and Banner's heard the story before alot... [/BLACKOUT]

Wasnt it at the end of Hulk 1 or 2, in a post-credit scene where we see Starks meeting with the General in a bar, talking about Hulk?

I guess he asked Starks to keep an eye on Hulk or something like that

I could be wrong though

Edit : he asked him to pull together a team

Last edited:
Well "HULK" was the Ang Lee film the litteral Jolly Green Giant
THE INCREDIBLE HULK was based more off the TV show, and yes in TIH, we see Stark meet up with Ross in a PREcredits scene about putting together a team. I still can't figure out why he went to Ross

That scene is explained in the Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant on the Thor Blu-Ray. General Ross (I think) wanted to include Abomination in the Avengers. Coulson and Sitwell sent in a patsy, Stark, to piss-off Ross and nix the deal... It worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"