Iron Man IRON MAN Is Cast!!

Chaplin is Tony???? Wow I didn't know they could get an actor of this caliber.

If this is true, I'm a bit surprised. He's an okay actor, I don't know if he can pull off Iron Man but I can think of worse actors for the role.

If this is true than I'm glad. Downey Jr. is a good actor...and he's an alcoholic (recovering) I believe so it's art imitating life.

^Really, I didn't know he was a recovering alchoholic. Maybe he can pull it off.

Well this is a poor choice. Dang I hate his movies.

Majik1387 said:
^Really, I didn't know he was a recovering alchoholic. Maybe he can pull it off.

I think it's alcohol. He could have been a drug addict I don't know. Either way, he's been to rehab for something or other.

I dont know how to feel about it. Seems like an odd choice.

Wow, completely out of left field...yet perfect. Who would ever think that Downey over Cruise would be the saner, more stable choice?

It seems my fave hero gets screwed in every media. First DTV movies,then the comics,and now this. My hero is now dead to me.

Downey Jr. is unkown? Or did Favreau change his mind about casting a relatively unkown?

Either way, RDJ is a great choice for Tony Stark! IRON MAN is really taking shape.

Now the next thing I want to hear is "Terrence Howard cast as James Rhodes in IRON MAN!"

But that'll be coming soon...

Fanfreakingtastic news. Downey has been great as of late. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was phoenominal, Singing Dectective was an insanely great flick, and now this. HELL YEAH!

So...did anyone see this coming?

He's OK, but he's better doing some weird quirky movies...so we'll see.

robert_downey_jr_kiss_kiss_bang_bang_2005_interview_top.jpg

Doesn't really look like Tony...

He's a good actor though, from what little of his work I've seen. Unexpected choice. I like that.

wow i totally never thought of him for the part, but i think he might be able to pull it off

im thinking positive

Well, its still a rumor at this point, but I don't hate the choise if true, Robert is one of Hollywoods most talented actors, he just can't seem to keep his personal life straight enough to keep his star rising.

Omg I cant believe this, I am almost crying here. This is most likely some of the worst news I have heard in this year. I have always liked RDJ but he might possibly be the worst choice for TS.:(

Breaking News:

was just on myspace and Jon Favreau confirmed that Robert Downey Jr. is in fact Tony Stark!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"