Iron Man IRON MAN Is Cast!!

Just thought you guys might enjoy this little video from Youtube I found. It basically shows that RDJ isn't putting on an act (Who honestly believes this anyways?) in interviews for Ironman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oKqN1XV2vY

Love how when he sees Matrix or Speed he says those were two roles he could have gotten if he wasn't in the clink. He's just such an up front, honest guy.

And, believe me . . . it is definitely believable that RDJ pulled off playing a ladies' man without a hitch. I think I heard that the percentage of females in IM's audience has increased on a day-by-day basis.

Sorry to enter the conversation so late, but I was wondering if anyone has the stats on this or knows where to find them?

ITA with RDJ being more than capable of playing a ladies' man.

Whenever people bring up RDJ's acting resumé, they always gloss over or neglect to mention his role as Larry Paul, the guy Ally was finally going to marry, on the tv show Ally McBeal. During its run, Ally was one of the top 10 most watched shows among 18-49 year-old-women. Downey was very popular with the female crowd, and his casting is often credited with saving the show from cancellation. He was also a critical success as Ally's love interest - nearly sweeping the awards that season, winning a Golden Globe, a Screen Actors Guild award, and garnering an Emmy nomination. Unfortunately, the show went to pot the following year, after Fox canned him for not keeping his nose clean.

With RDJ's charisma and from what little I know about Tony Stark's back story, I believe Marvel/Favs have a good chance of creating a hero that will draw more laydeez to the box-office... at least in comparison to other action-comic book type movies. ;)

The only other current actor/superhero combo who has this kind --perhaps even greater-- potential is Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.

Sadly, I have a feeling that Heath Ledger's Joker isn't going to be as huge a chick magnet as some of the battier bat-fans seem to believe.

Just thought you guys might enjoy this little video from Youtube I found. It basically shows that RDJ isn't putting on an act (Who honestly believes this anyways?) in interviews for Ironman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oKqN1XV2vY

Love how when he sees Matrix or Speed he says those were two roles he could have gotten if he wasn't in the clink. He's just such an up front, honest guy.

love that video ,I also can't believe people think he is putting on an act . The guy has always had that quirky sense of humor . How can you not like a guy so willing to make fun of himself .

On the female issue I have seen on a few other sites a lot of females really loving seeing IM repeat times just for RDJ .I'm female and am sort of getting on the RDJ gravy train also.He looks great in the movie .He easily looks 5 years younger than his actual age .

Sorry to enter the conversation so late, but I was wondering if anyone has the stats on this or knows where to find them?

ITA with RDJ being more than capable of playing a ladies' man.

Whenever people bring up RDJ's acting resumé, they always gloss over or neglect to mention his role as Larry Paul, the guy Ally was finally going to marry, on the tv show Ally McBeal. During its run, Ally was one of the top 10 most watched shows among 18-49 year-old-women. Downey was very popular with the female crowd, and his casting is often credited with saving the show from cancellation. He was also a critical success as Ally's love interest - nearly sweeping the awards that season, winning a Golden Globe, a Screen Actors Guild award, and garnering an Emmy nomination. Unfortunately, the show went to pot the following year, after Fox canned him for not keeping his nose clean.

With RDJ's charisma and from what little I know about Tony Stark's back story, I believe Marvel/Favs have a good chance of creating a hero that will draw more laydeez to the box-office... at least in comparison to other action-comic book type movies. ;)

The only other current actor/superhero combo who has this kind --perhaps even greater-- potential is Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.

Sadly, I have a feeling that Heath Ledger's Joker isn't going to be as huge a chick magnet as some of the battier bat-fans seem to believe.
People usually gloss over it because it was a terrible television show and when trying to impress people you usually don't mention the bad things.

Overall, I feel that Robert Downey, Jr. did a superb job bringing to life a complex character such as Tony Stark.

As a woman, I got to say that RDJ surprised me in terms of him being able to portray the sexy side of Tony Stark. I had the impression that RDJ was kind of too geeky looking to effectively handle being suave. However, I was in for a shock! He was totally muy caliente as Tony Stark. I swear there was a moment were I don't even remember who, what, when, where and why occurred because I was too busy drooling over him. *sigh*

The weird thing is that even my mom commented that RDJ was sexy in this film. I can't believe that my mom and I agreed that the same man is sexy. That never happened before! Our tastes in men are like night and day. This must be the first sign of the Apocalypse.

ey everyone, go read the first few pages of this thread. People's initial reaction to RDJ is hilarious. In context to how he IS tony stark.
I'll admit, i had my doubts as well, but now that we all know better, it's just funny to see how foolish we all were. ;)

ey everyone, go read the first few pages of this thread. People's initial reaction to RDJ is hilarious. In context to how he IS tony stark.
I'll admit, i had my doubts as well, but now that we all know better, it's just funny to see how foolish we all were. ;)

Some were...

Not me, I had faith in RDJ for this role :D

This was a fun thread to read through, now that IM has been out for awhile and even most people who gave the movie a poor review still praised RDJ! I missed out on the initial fervor, since at the time, I had no interest in the character and I was boycotting it because I still thought Tom Cruise *gag* was attached. My own reaction when I finally did hear about the casting of RDJ was indifferent; I remembered him as 'that one actor with all the drug problems' and thought he was a peculiar choice for a hero, but at least he wasn't Tom Cruise.

I never expected him to be my favorite part of the movie! Five minutes in, he had me hooked. I don't know much about the comic version of Stark, but this version was wonderful - this is the first comic book film where I've been more interested in the hero than the villain. He was funny, he was delightfully smarmy, and you know that complaint that popped up several times in this thread, about him not being handsome enough to be a womanizer? Wrong! *grins* I know several women who went just to see him - and, in fact, I read statistics somewhere that IM drew in a larger female audience than the chick flick that premiered the same day, 'Made of Honor.' Take that, Patrick Dempsey!

Okay, sorry for the fangirlish swooning here. I'm just glad he succeeded so well in the role and made me interested in the character - and anxious for the sequel and the Avengers film!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"