Iron Man Pepper Potts Has Been Cast!

I wonder if they're going to dye her hair or leave her blond...

Fine choice not because of her looks but her personality kind of fits. I like it. Not my top choice but that's probably cause I never even thought of her. I did pick Downey Jr though way in advance. :) So at least I guessed one right.

Awful choice, I'm very disappointed. :csad: I absolutely loved the supercool and brilliant casting of Downey Jr. & Howard but Paltrow is really a letdown.

I think she's perfectly fine. He's a got a knack for getting good talent.

Paltrow helps Iron out the cast
Posted : January 17, 2007 Writer : Clint Morris
This bit of news reminds me of Brussels sprouts – I can swallow it, but it doesn’t mean I’m going to like it.

According to Aint it Cool News, Gwyneth Paltrow has been cast as Pepper Potts - a role many thought would go to a Jewel Staite/Christina Applegate/Maggie Gyllenhaal/Rachel McAdams type, if that mishmash implies such a type? – in the pricey big screen venture, “Iron Man”.

Yep, Paltrow. Now generally, it’s good to have one “name” aboard a movie – in this case, it’d be Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark – because it means the studio will throw your more money; or in a smaller film’s case, it means a studio will throw you money. I just think this is ‘too big’ for the film. It’s going to be enough trying to swallow Downey Jr as Iron Man – even though he’ll be fantastic, I’m sure – without having to see Apple’s ma as one of comic’s most beloved girl-power faves.

Unlike a lot of other superhero girlfriends (though for the most part, Potts and Stark have a purely platonic relationship), Pepper knows that her long-time bud plays dress-up at night and fights criminals.

Virginia "Pepper" Potts is an executive secretary to Tony Stark, a.k.a. Iron Man, who eventually married Stark's chauffeur and assistant Happy Hogan – despite the fact that she was initially infatuated with the Tone-Bone himself. Later, Pepper divorces Happy Hogan and her initial infatuation with Stark returns.

Little write up from http://www.moviehole.net

Confirmed kids.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117957527.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Paltrow to star in 'Iron Man'

Actress joining Downey Jr. in Marvel film

By MICHAEL FLEMING

paltrow_gwyneth.jpg

Paltrow

Gwyneth Paltrow will join Robert Downey Jr. and Terrence Howard in "Iron Man," the Jon Favreau-directed film that is being financed by Marvel Studios and released by Paramount Pictures in May 2008.

Paltrow will play Virginia "Pepper" Potts, personal assistant to an industrialist who develops an armored suit to battle bad guys. Production begins in March in Los Angeles.
"These are popcorn films designed for broad audiences, but there are multidimensional characters that have brought us the best luck with actors," Marvel Studios president of production Kevin Feige said. "Iron Man" is the first film in which Marvel provides the financing through its arrangement with Merrill Lynch.

Jesus. Whoever thought that an Iron Man movie would have this much A list power behind it. More and more excited with every announcement. Favs knows what he is doing.

Paltrow is 'Iron' clad for Marvel

By Borys Kit

Jan 17, 2007

Academy Award winner Gwyneth Paltrow has joined the cast of "Iron Man," the first feature film to be produced independently by Marvel Entertainment. Jon Favreau is directing the movie, distributed by Paramount Pictures.

Paltrow joins Robert Downey Jr. -- who plays armor-clad superhero Iron Man and his alter ego, billionaire industrialist Tony Stark -- and Terrence Howard, who will play Stark's best friend Rhodey.

Paltrow will play Stark's personal assistant Virginia "Pepper" Potts, one of the few people in Stark's life who can go toe-to-toe with him and who occasionally serves as his conscience. The pair also share a secret attraction to each other.

"We've been casting for a long time, and we really took our time in finding the perfect person," Marvel president of production Kevin Feige said. "We've talked to our prototype for Pepper, and we kept mentioning 'someone like Gwyneth Paltrow,' and it was relatively recently that it came to our attention that maybe we should go to Gwyneth. Her representatives let us know that she wanted to do a movie like this; a few phone calls later from all parties involved, and over the weekend it happened.

"It happens rarely in this business where you get exactly who you wanted and where it happens very quickly," Feige said. "We have a lot of actors and filmmakers who are very happy, myself right among them."
Advertisement
CM8ShowAd("Middle2");

Production is scheduled to begin in March in Los Angeles.

The movie will be produced by Avi Arad and Feige. Executive producing are Ari Arad, Peter Billingsley, Louis D'Esposito, Favreau and Michael Helfant.

Paltrow, who won an Oscar for her work in "Shakespeare in Love," most recently appeared in "Running With Scissors." Her credits include "Infamous" and "Proof." She is repped by CAA and Brillstein-Grey.

Holy ****, that's awesome

the talent on this movie is numbing

Everything I hear about this film just keeps getting better. This production is reminding me very much of BB, with well known, but respected actors coming together for a comic book film.

Great news, terrific actress, her husband's a rock star, plus her hair's dyed anyway, so it may very well be dyed again.

Jesus. Whoever thought that an Iron Man movie would have this much A list power behind it. More and more excited with every announcement. Favs knows what he is doing.

i think that all due to Batman Begins..

I wonder why Marvel always chooses blond actress to play redheads?(besides Jean of course)

Not someone i thought of but i'm not for or against this casting.

Awful choice, I'm very disappointed. :csad: I absolutely loved the supercool and brilliant casting of Downey Jr. & Howard but Paltrow is really a letdown.

^That's exactly how I feel as well.

I am undecided.

marvel's being very smart about this movie.

instead of having a bunch of unknowns and ultimately having the movie flop, they're getting known actors, actors who can actually act.

wow! I am all for it! ... just wow! I can't believe there's such a solid cast!

I have to say, I'm blown away, I'm not a huge Gwyneth Paltrow fan, but I can't deny her acting ability. Marvel is putting together probably the most talented cast for any Superhero movie made, not saying it will win any oscars or anything we've all seen movies with many huge stars flop, but got to hand it to Marvel, there has to be something about this movie that has Hollywood's elite wanting in, to have (3) Acadamy Award Nominated/Winner in the cast is unbeliveble.
I actually am interested in how big of a part she will play in the film, she's to big of an actress to have a couple throw away lines.

I have to say, I'm blown away, I'm not a huge Gwyneth Paltrow fan, but I can't deny her acting ability. Marvel is putting together probably the most talented cast for any Superhero movie made, not saying it will win any oscars or anything we've all seen movies with many huge stars flop, but got to hand it to Marvel, there has to be something about this movie that has Hollywood's elite wanting in, to have (3) Acadamy Award Nominated/Winner in the cast is unbeliveble.
Superman: The movie (1978)
Marlon Brando 8 Nominations, 2 Oscars won
Gene Hackman 5 nominations, 2 oscar won
Terence Stamp 1 nomination
Trevor Howard 1 Nomination
Ned Beatty 1 nomination
Susannah York 1 nomination
Jackie Cooper 1 nomination

Batman begins (2005)
Michael Caine 6 nominations 2 Oscars won
Morgan Freeman 4 nominations 1 Oscar won
Tom Wilkinson 1 nomination
Liam Neeson 1 nomination
Ken Watanabe 1 nomination

This is the best cast for a superhero movie since Batman Begins. Okay, that was only 2005, but you get the point. ;)

I never got the big deal about her. She's an okay actress and so so in the looks.

And isn't she TALLER than Downey jr.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"