Iron Man 2 Iron Man sequel now officially set for April 30th 2010!

Can IM2 make it's relase date? If you think about it, they have to start filming by march if you think of the first film's timeframe. Though the production is very secretive. We don't know alot about the development or how the script process has been coming along.

Can IM2 make it's relase date? If you think about it, they have to start filming by march if you think of the first film's timeframe. Though the production is very secretive. We don't know alot about the development or how the script process has been coming along.

Well as I recall, Jon was hired as the director in April 2006 with a release date of May 2008. That's basically 2 years and principle photography took 75 days from Feb/March 07 to May/June 07. So they're still pretty much right in line with the first film. Considering that there are tons of problems they solved(SFX-wise) for the first film, I'd say they're ahead of the game still. Thor and Cap are the films I'm concerned about right now, since there's no template to fall back on.

So we know that justin hammer and crimson dynamo will be the villian but why everybody keep talk about the mandarin and seriously i couldn't see how a guy with 10 pieces of jewelry on his hands will defeat a super-powered armor controlled by a man. But anyway since the CD is the main armored villain we just wait for pics i'll give it about 4 months

So we know that justin hammer and crimson dynamo will be the villian but why everybody keep talk about the mandarin and seriously i couldn't see how a guy with 10 pieces of jewelry on his hands will defeat a super-powered armor controlled by a man. But anyway since the CD is the main armored villain we just wait for pics i'll give it about 4 months

hahah, cd.

...what? i thought it was a funny coincidence?

Mandarin IS a threat to IM and will be in IM3. Favreau has made this very clear. He is to IM what Lex Luthor is to Superman, what Loki is to Thor, what Joker is to Batman, what Red Skull is to Captain America.

To dismiss the character in the manner you did proves you know nothing of him beyond perhaps a bio you read somewhere that was a couple of sentences.

Mandarin IS a threat to IM and will be in IM3. Favreau has made this very clear. He is to IM what Lex Luthor is to Superman, what Loki is to Thor, what Joker is to Batman, what Red Skull is to Captain America.

To dismiss the character in the manner you did proves you know nothing of him beyond perhaps a bio you read somewhere that was a couple of sentences.
Ok you're right i really haven't read anything on the mandarin but all i do know is that he has 10 rings he found on a alien ship or something and it gave him powers but i still don't really see what this guy can do. That is the reason i said that. I don't know if he has armor but do the wing fire some type of blast of what? What can this guy do to iron man.? Oh and another reason i said that was because tony is in a full body suit of armor with multiple weapon i highly see the mandarin defeating him.

all i know about the manderin is what i read on wikipedia+ what i saw of him in a couple episodes of that terrible 90s iron man cartoon, and the messed up version of him in that iron man cartoon movie. and i still want him in the sequel more than any other bad guy from ironman.

take from that what you will

...but if he is like a backround who at the end is revealed to have been pulling all the strings and is the main villain in the 3rd (and possibly the avengers movie) I wouldn't mind that.

Iron man is the best movie ever.... and does anyone know who's gonna play IM dad... cause I heard that they wanna bring him in for a flashback

Let's clarify something again...
I thought April 30th was the release only for Brazil.
For the US I thought it'd be May 7.

Iron man is the best movie ever.... and does anyone know who's gonna play IM dad... cause I heard that they wanna bring him in for a flashback
Tim Robbins is rumored to play Howard Stark.

well apparently the guy who started this thread got banned, so if you want a title change you prolly gotta pm a mod or something.

Ok you're right i really haven't read anything on the mandarin but all i do know is that he has 10 rings he found on a alien ship or something and it gave him powers but i still don't really see what this guy can do. That is the reason i said that. I don't know if he has armor but do the wing fire some type of blast of what? What can this guy do to iron man.? Oh and another reason i said that was because tony is in a full body suit of armor with multiple weapon i highly see the mandarin defeating him.

You need to go to one of those download sites and read some Iron Man comics with the Mandarin in them, or go out and actually buy some.

If they do Mandarin right, he can be a serious threat. I'm talking worldwide ownage.

I mean, as long as they start in early May, then it should be okay.

I'm a firm believer that you need AT LEAST 11-12 months of production/post to have a good POLISHED product. There are exceptions to the rule, especially smaller indie flicks, but with Summer movies you need a year.

Case in point, look at Fantastic Four 2. It started filming in late August of 06 and got released in June 07. That's pushing it.

I believe this month we have official confirm from the studios about the cast.

I don't quite know where to post this, so....

I have a really cool Iron Man 2 casting scoop I would have to run as a rumor but would hate getting debunked if I'm wrong. Trying to confirm

SOURCE

Nothing really here, just something to keep an eye out for...

From elmayimbe, isn't he from Latino Review? Might be authentic.

Yeah, he's very reliable. That's why I posted it

i dont know why favreau is not using the madarin in this film he said in a interview that he wanted iron man 2 to be his dark knight or terminator 2 you cant have a epic sequel without iron mans greatest villian?

i dont know why favreau is not using the madarin in this film he said in a interview that he wanted iron man 2 to be his dark knight or terminator 2 you cant have a epic sequel without iron mans greatest villian?

He's saving him for IM3.

Which I think is the better path, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"