Thor release date official: June 4th 2010!!!

Again tho MM, Crowe's showing his age, he would be a great Asgardain in any case.
Thor will be a hard part to fill.

So far Matthew has acting skills, Height, and build. Thor is supposed to be impressive, the only other one I can think of and has acted is the Edge. He also grew up reading Thor, so he's not a stranger to Thor.

yeah yeah I know he's a wrestler, I'm just saying so far Edge has more qualities for him than against him than most of the others.

arghh... the lack of definitive information doth be frustrating.. they need to really get a solid director and actors in place if they're going to actually release this on the planned date-- otherwise, might as well wait..

Stax Report: http://movies.ign.com/articles/581/581118p1.html

Not a bad idea, though perhaps too old. He could definitely hold the acting bar with Norton and Downey Jr.

MasterCommander22.jpeg

Russel Crowe is WAY too old for this movie. If anything, slap a white wig and beard on him and he'd make a great Odin.

I still would have to go with either the New costume or Lord Thor costume MM.
I could see Crowe as Odin, that might work.

Russell Crowe will never do a superhero movie. He said in an Entertainment Weekly interview that he's been offered a few, and he just has no interest.

I don't know much about Thor, so this may be a crazy suggestion, but I doubt it's any crazier than Brad Pitt:

beowulf_and_grendel.jpg

sturlar3l.jpg

I mean, at least we know he can bulk up. (That's Gerard Butler, for anyone who didn't know) Sorry if he's been mentioned already, but I didn't see him.

Kevin Mckidd has the best voice for Thor, and i actually like him for the part, too bad the studio didn't want him.

Jeeze. The only reason people are considering Russel Crowe, Gerard Butler and Brad Pitt is because they've already done similar roles. Stop typecasting! They're not the only ones who can bulk up, grow their hair out and play a viking/greek/roman! I'm not looking forward to casting getting underway for the Captain Marvel movie and people seeing that Shazam is a wizard with a long white beard start constantly suggesting Christopher Lee, Ian McKellen, and Michael Gambon.

I like Kevin McKidd for Thor A LOT, but I think Thor, more than Captain America, is gonna need a big name in the lead to sell tickets. Cap is much more of a brand name, and frankly, his story sounds a lot less cheesy.

And yeah, we're naming these people because we've seen them in similar roles which convinced us they could do this one. Nothing wrong with that. There's also nothing wrong with casting someone who's never done a role like this who proves via screen-test that they can pull this off. Still, that doesn't mean we should start ruling out actors who have done roles like this before. That's just silly.

I actually like the look of Taylor, it's just that, while his voice is actually deep and strong his accent throws it off (voiceover?)...

Throwing someone like him the lead of Thor would be risky, but I wonder how many of these larger actors don't get the chance to shine because they are typecast?

Latino Review is reporting that Marvel wants Brad Pitt to play Thor:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/the-a-team-and-thor-movie-updates-4614

Meanwhile, over at Marvel, the name they are tossing around to pick up Thor's mighty hammer is Brad Pitt! A solid choice.

Keep in mind, NO OFFER HAS BEEN MADE TO PITT YET!

Mark Petrosevich wrote one hell of a draft which they are in the process of trimming down for budgetary reasons. Not for nothing, with the acting chops that Downey Jr brought over to Iron Man, it's understandable why Marvel wants to go after a reputable name like Pitt - they're gonna need someone who can act. I personally loved Pitt's bad ass characterization of Achilles in Troy, so I think Pitt could pull off Thor. Marvel is not going to be typical and go after the John Cenas, Chris Jerichos and Tyler Manes of the world. That would be corny.

Could Brad Pitt, like Johnny Depp and Robert Downey Jr before him, be feeling the mid life urge to act in a movie for his children to enjoy now that he is a dotting dad? Only time will tell, but first I think Marvel needs to lock down a director.

Cool. I've honestly warmed up to the idea a bit in recent days. I just hope that, if he got the role, he would put a lot of effort and dedication into it. Marvel is playing for keeps this time, whoever they cast as Thor IS Thor for their entire universe.

What about this guy?

Johnfox_25-john-nyc-rock327358.jpg

nikh10jl7.jpg

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. He's Danish.

Hmmm.

I see they're trying to build a multi-billion dollar franchise with this Avengers thing...

Downey, Norton, Pitt?

Yikes...Laughing straight to the bank.

When this franchise is all said and done, This will probably gross more than all of the Spider-man movies combined.

Marvel is showing Fox/Sony how it's supposed to be done.

He's a bit old to play a never aging God. Other than that, I have little complaints. I do know that Thor technically isn't British but I was sure they'd go that route.

Dude, I'm black, but I never want to see The Rock play Thor. It's just wrong, sorry. Stick to the classic look.

I am black also and I have to agree with Noir the rock would not be a good choice to play Thor.

But on another note Michael Clark Duncan did a better job of playing King Pin than Affleck did playing DareDevil.

I would agree that finding a muscle bound man that is at least 6-foot 6-inches tall with blond hair that can actually act makes Thor the most difficult Avenger to Cast.

They may need to bump Thor for the Vision.

I don't want Pitt either, but if they do get him and a big name director the film will have instant credibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"