Iron Man vs Black Panther

chiefchirpa

Haaa-rooooooo
Reaction score
Ok, lone scientist vs science through consortium. Wakandan technologies vs Stark's inventions.

My take:
Speed - IM
Strength - IM
Smart - IM
Durability - Tie
Tech - BP
X-Factor - BP

Verdict: Iron Man, if the fight setting is not near Wakanda. Non-*****fied Tony Stark should beat T'challa handily with his creative brain and guile, and eat Bruce Wayne for lunch. :)

If we're talking Extremis then Black Panther is screwed. Any other armor, after that whuppin Malon gave him, and Wolverine recently being able to get the jump on him and take him down, I say Black Panther wins...Then there's Mandarin's kid. Come to think of it, Iron Man kind of has a weakness against really skilled fighters.

Read Priest' run is all I'll say of how an Iron Man/Black Panther fight should be done.

Savage said:
Come to think of it, Iron Man kind of has a weakness against really skilled fighters.

That's what I called a *****fied Iron Man. Against the so-called skilled fighters, Iron Man can:
1. Hover 25 ft above the ground and rein terror using the repulsor beams and guided missiles.
2. Use his computer to record the fighter's move, and analyse his weaknesses
3. Lift more than 50 tons. One punch in the head and mr. skilled fighter is a dead meat.

On the other hand, Black panther is not your average skilled fighters because he use gadgets and technology. He will make Iron Man's life difficult.

Harlekin said:
Read Priest' run is all I'll say of how an Iron Man/Black Panther fight should be done.

By a Black Panther's writer that made BP almost a god? Find a more neutral ground.

I thought that was relatively neutral ground actually. The Iron Man/BP battle stretched to levels that normal men couldn't fathom. It wasn't just Iron Man vs Black Panther, it was Tony Stark vs T'Challa. Now, if we remove all the interesting stuff and go for the fisticuffs: Iron Man should be able to defeat Black Panther, but it'd be a toughy, thanks to BP's (arctic) vibranium.

Vibranium armor negates most of IM's advantages. Also Black Panther isn't exactly known for just standing around waiting to be beaten. In addition to the tech on his side he has access to magic Iron Man (as far as I know) doesn't.
Flat out Iron man has more speed but up close BP has more skill. Iron man’s suit gives him way more durability though so BP would need to find a way to penetrate the shell to get at the gooey insides. The advantage of flying is somewhat negated by BP being a great marksman. One on one I’d say Iron man but only if he came in with no warning and with the intent to start and end it physically as this would rob BP of the chance to bring his considerable resources into play… or call his wife.

I'm not sure what's the real truth before the Extremis/Civil War run: was it really Iron Man emasculated from what he could be or the rest of the Avengers or other Marvel heroes get some popularity boost when sparring against an unlikeable Tin Man?

This tin man is not just an armor suit user; he's a genius and a business warlord. Best of all, he's the master of innovation and improvisation. A hero like Captain America and Wolverine should stand a chance against IM in his best mood - ever. BP would give IM a hell of a tough fight, but Stark's unique trait for inventiness should carry the day 6/10 times.

chiefchirpa said:
By a Black Panther's writer that made BP almost a god? Find a more neutral ground.

Priest didn't make his Panther godlike, he took his fair share of abuse.

That said the current Ironman with Extremis can probably kick T'challa's ass. If we're talking previous versions of Ironman I'd say it's a draw most of the time, mainly because Tony tends to underestimate other heroes.

LOL! Ummm it happened, he got beat. Live with it.

chiefchirpa said:
Priest. I don't see a neutral ground there but I see a need for popularity boost.

But Iron Man has been emasculated from day one against other superheroes. Until now with CW.

There are other feats in that thread that aren't from Priest run. It's also somewhat silly to just dismiss the longest run of a BP title to date just because you feel it made the character too good. :whatever:

What in gods name are you talking about? :huh:

panther beat iron man in the past, but it could never happen again, not with the boots that extremis has givin him, also in seeing the way that cap was beaten by IM in civil war, leads me to believe the exact thing would happen to panther, plus, iron man has undoubtedly fixed all the weakness that panther exploited, and im is much improved since then

Darthphere said:
LOL! Ummm it happened, he got beat. Live with it.

That's because a less popular ethnic centric superhero needs a popularity boost by making it look cool and Batman-like. Given more episodes, Priest + Hudlin BP can wipe the floor with Thor and Hulk. A balanced writer would give it a tie, or a slight win for IM because his power keeps evolving.

La The Darkman said:
It's also somewhat silly to just dismiss the longest run of a BP title to date just because you feel it made the character too good.

It ran long because it played what BP fans would like to see. An all-powerful African Batman copy against the king Jackass of Marvel universe. And IM is still the jackass, being that he's the de-facto villain in CW.

The fight can go either way, even with extremis. BP has armor as well and its kind of hard to picture him going down but I'd give a slight edge to IM to win this though.
Was this thread created just to see BP go down cuase the majority of fans feel he can take down Batman and someone wanted to see him lose? :confused:

Docker said:
Was this thread created just to see BP go down cuase the majority of fans feel he can take down Batman and someone wanted to see him lose? :confused:

I think it has to be something like that, especially when the thread starter want's to ignore things he feels "don't count" because he wants his favorite character to win. :whatever:

If we're going to use that logic lets put BP against Tony Stark in the original Ironman armor.

chiefchirpa said:
That's because a less popular ethnic centric superhero needs a popularity boost by making it look cool and Batman-like. Given more episodes, Priest + Hudlin BP can wipe the floor with Thor and Hulk. A balanced writer would give it a tie, or a slight win for IM because his power keeps evolving.

You realize, most of these fights in versus threads, when they make a claim, it usually happened in someone's book. That doesnt make it any less relevant.

La The Darkman said:
I think it has to be something like that, especially when the thread starter want's to ignore things he feels "don't count" because he wants his favorite character to win. :whatever:

My fav character is Spider-Man. BP mop the floor with Spider-Man.

If we're going to use that logic lets put BP against Tony Stark in the original Ironman armor.

See, this is what you should know first.

Rate of self-improvement/modification of Iron Man > most Marvel superheroes.

His costume is ever changing for the better. His power is ever improving. He actually built his own stuff. He's the Macgyver + Bill Gates of all Marvel heroes.

Docker said:

I don't like Batman. He practically doesn't evolve from being a street-level superhero and relying his mere utility belt, but the writers always feel the need to make him powerful without having anything.

BP vs Batman -> BP

Darthphere said:
You realize, most of these fights in versus threads, when they make a claim, it usually happened in someone's book. That doesnt make it any less relevant.

Yeah, but I'd like to see the fights in an even-handed cross-overs like Civil War. No one can deny that BP is a not mainstream character and less so than Iron Man. Priest's run was for boosting the popularity of then-dwindling BP and what's more convenient than BP pitting against the Marvel's favorite scapegoat Iron Man and not against favorite sons Spider-Man and Captain America.

well iron man has always been a slightly different type of hero, hes the leader of a huge corporation, hes very conservative, not very emotional, and as of late he has been made into a cold, unforgiving, greedy bastard that is stretching whether or not he has a right to be called a hero at all.

Tony has new gear every week, so it would impossible to win a fight if the guy changes his batlte plans and strategies every week.

Well that's the basic idea, but in Marvel writers' view IM in a bad day can be taken down by a mere street peddler because he's often cocky and too sure of himself. What's the point of making him a creative genius and self-made man in the 1st place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"