Ironman being released on December 31,2010?

Marvel Spider

An Insomniac.
Reaction score
This is really bad news.How I found out?Well,I typed in Ironman the movie and where that little Moviefone think is it said,"this movie will be released in your area on December 31,2010."Let's hope it's not true!

pacmaster3000 said:
This is really bad news.How I found out?Well,I typed in Ironman the movie and where that little Moviefone think is it said,"this movie will be released in your area on December 31,2010."Let's hope it's not true!

Ummm, yeah, that would really suck.:down

I hope it's earlier than that.:(

I can believe that it would be that long. Marvel has so many movies that they're working on right now (the 9 or 10 in the paramount deal plus sequels/spinoffs to Spidey, X-Men and Hulk plus the Blade TV show) that it's possible they may not have room to make Iron Man until 2010. Sad but true. At least we'll have the animated DTV to tide us over and if Ultimate Avengers is any indication, it'll probably be great.

Moviefone doesn't know shat. Though 2010 is possible and not really that far off. Assume they start filming in late 07 it wouldn't be really ready till early 09 anyways if it had a decent productions chedule. 2010 isn't that far off and we have plenty of movies to keep us going if this is the case but all that is...is a guess by moviefone and nobody is going to release a film like Iron Man on 12/31.

I still wish it comes out sooner than that. It would be a cool movie but it would take alot of time.

Well, with they way the production is going it wouldn't surprise me, I hope its not true,but hey, imdb.com still says 2007 release and I'm sure we all know thats not going to happen, I believe it when Marvel says it not a website.

pacmaster3000 said:

Ya got a link? Nope, didn't think so.

EVERYONE IGNORE, COMPLETE AND UTTER B.S.

FLAMING MAY NOW COMMENCE-

I always see Dec 31st dates on movies that have no release. Moviefone has no clue. They'd be the last to know.

2010 will hopefully give them enough time to make it good.

pacmaster3000 said:
whats so wrong with iron man? i think hes ok

I agree with Advanced Dark, if you look around several websites have various release dates for Iron Man, most likely they put a generic date in and if it's released sooner, then they will update it, of course it would have been better if they had just left it blank,so we wouldn't be having a deadend conversation about moviepone.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371746/

IMDB says that 2007 is the earliest that we could see a Iron Man film. They say that "Marvel has reclaimed the rights from New Line and will start from scratch with a new script. Nick Cassevetes may still direct". Though this is of course subject to change.

I don't think it would be wise for them to wait till 2010 b/c who knows if the general public will still by hyped about superhero movies. I think in reality, they will probably wait and see how well the iron man animated movie does and then decide if it's worth making a film at all and for them to get the motivation to start working on it. So buy that animated movie when it comes out.

i say at least 2008 at the earliest, there is no way they could be a decent film out by 2007 even if they started now

I think they have a ways to go yet before they start filming, I don't believe we've heard if they even have a script yet,all thats been said has been from Nick Cassavetes on his vision of what Iron man will look and feel like,but nothing about the actual story. 2008 seems logical at this point.

pacmaster3000 said:

I hate New Line Cinema for this!:down

GoldGoblin said:
Why is it taking so long to make this movie.

No Freckin' idea, I'm sure there is a pecking order when it comes to what Marvel is willing to make first, the "Big" guns like Spiderman, X-Men, Incredible Hulk, Fantastic Four will always make it first then Daredevil, Elektra(which was only made because of Jennifer Gardner), Punisher, Blade & GhostRider.
Characters like Iron Man, Captain America and the like seem to have to take a back seat to those characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"