Rebels Is Ezra Snoke?

Snoke doesn't look nearly as rough as Luke. :o

rYxeloj.gif

tumblr_o4snw7c5Cu1s28d6wo3_540.gif

I had to address this.

I find this entire post hilarious lol

Can you post the link to that video? I think that theory is plausible (though I'm not a fan of "Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter" theory myself), Sabine being Obi-Wan's (and Satine Kryze's, probably) daughter definitely fit the timeline, considering she was born 1 year before RotS (during Clone Wars), and she's from House Vizla.
Sabine looks just like her mom:

[YT]upN-7ALj2OU[/YT]

And Sabine was born in the first year of the Clone Wars (21 BBY). She is 16 when Rebels starts, which was 5 BBY. So her mother was probably pregnant before the war started.

Sabine looks just like her mom:

[YT]upN-7ALj2OU[/YT]

And Sabine was born in the first year of the Clone Wars (21 BBY). She is 16 when Rebels starts, which was 5 BBY. So her mother was probably pregnant before the war started.

I used to think that the theory of Sabine being Obi-Wan and Satine's daughter is plausible, considering these two could have an affair during the Clone Wars (though their interaction during this time doesn't seem to indicate that, and I've always thought that Satine's unexplained nephew Korkie already filled the role of being these two's child). And now obviously we know that Sabine's mother isn't Satine.

I'm pretty sure that Ezra isn't Snoke, but I like to entertain the idea of Ezra being del Toro's character even though it's unlikely (from the filming photos I don't think del Toro's character is a dark side user wielding light saber, etc). But if Lucasfilm wanted to have an animated series about the Rebellion doubling up as an original story of a film character 3 years before the film is released then it isn't impossible.

I still don't understand how anyone entertained that theory when Filoni made it clear she was not related to the Kryzes. And I was one of the ones holding out hope she was Satine's sister daughter, but even I gave that up after reading that.

As to Ezra being del Toro's character. I don't see it for many reason, if simply age. He'd have to be in the Luke/Leia age range. He clearly looks younger imo.

Sabine's more than likely the daughter of Rook Kast and some Mandalorian guy, so the Kenobi connection just isn't happening. Same thing with Ezra and the theories with Snoke. I don't know what Ezra's future is, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't lay in the Sequel Trilogy.

On that note...am I the only one who read Life Debt and assumed Snoke was the ancient Dark Side thing that Sidious was looking for on Jakku? I mean, we have all these guesses that he's Plagueis, or Ezra, or Maul or Gallius Rax, but it seems to me that the most obvious answer was right there...

Sabine's more than likely the daughter of Rook Kast and some Mandalorian guy, so the Kenobi connection just isn't happening. Same thing with Ezra and the theories with Snoke. I don't know what Ezra's future is, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't lay in the Sequel Trilogy.

On that note...am I the only one who read Life Debt and assumed Snoke was the ancient Dark Side thing that Sidious was looking for on Jakku? I mean, we have all these guesses that he's Plagueis, or Ezra, or Maul or Gallius Rax, but it seems to me that the most obvious answer was right there...
The ancient thing that took over the body of Gallius Rax perhaps? Though is Rax human? In the original spoilers that turned out pretty accurate, the main trilogy baddie was "Darth Ruin", an ancient evil.

The ancient thing that took over the body of Gallius Rax perhaps? Though is Rax human? In the original spoilers that turned out pretty accurate, the main trilogy baddie was "Darth Ruin", an ancient evil.

Rax is human, at least going by Chuck Wendig's Twitter. I always thought, at least going by that novel, that Palpatine thought that there was some kind of Dark Side power buried deep within Jakku, and that he (and I assume Rax, following in his footsteps) was trying to unearth it to use as a sort of mystical WMD, not knowing that it was actually a being. It could well be something in the vein of Darth Ruin.

Rax is human, at least going by Chuck Wendig's Twitter. I always thought, at least going by that novel, that Palpatine thought that there was some kind of Dark Side power buried deep within Jakku, and that he (and I assume Rax, following in his footsteps) was trying to unearth it to use as a sort of mystical WMD, not knowing that it was actually a being. It could well be something in the vein of Darth Ruin.
This right here would play well into an idea I hope they play with. That the First Order didn't build Starkiller base, they "found it". Like the planet was the "original Death Star", something perhaps Palpatine was looking for before just building the Death Star. But Snoke knows the location because he is very old Darkness.

I still don't understand how anyone entertained that theory when Filoni made it clear she was not related to the Kryzes. And I was one of the ones holding out hope she was Satine's sister daughter, but even I gave that up after reading that.

As to Ezra being del Toro's character. I don't see it for many reason, if simply age. He'd have to be in the Luke/Leia age range. He clearly looks younger imo.

del Toro's character is younger than Luke and Leia because Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are both much older than their characters; Luke and Leia were 53 in TFA but during filming Hamill was 62 and Fisher was 57 (and they both look even older than their real life age). del Toro is 48 when VIII was filmed so he's much closer to Luke's age than Hamill.

But I doubt his character is Ezra anyway.

This right here would play well into an idea I hope they play with. That the First Order didn't build Starkiller base, they "found it". Like the planet was the "original Death Star", something perhaps Palpatine was looking for before just building the Death Star. But Snoke knows the location because he is very old Darkness.

I could totally buy that. I mean you just have to look at the Sith Temple on Malachor to see that the ancient Sith were at least toying with superweapons that could unleash large scale death. In the original script I believe Maul had a scene where he talks about Sidious taking him there as a child to investigate the weapon. Snoke could be old enough to be aware of things like that, possibly from firsthand experience.

In Hux's speech, he mentions how his troops have built "this fierce machine" and since it takes it power from a star, this means that it could it have been built anywhere and used any star - I'd imagine the only draw to that planet was it's location, be that strategically positioned or just remote. So there isn't anything "to find".

Also, I have heard that the novelisation goes into some detail on the expense and effort to build it and on the very serious ramifications to the First Order of it's loss. (I can't confirm that myself - I didn't get that far in the novel. Alan Dean Foster went to some very unnecessary places early in that book with Unkar Plutt's desire to have Rey to submit to him carnally. It just put me off reading it.)

Even just going by events on screen, there doesn't seem to be much room there to make more of Starkiller Base as something older or more mysterious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"