The Walking Dead Is it ever really cold?

Luke234

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm not as die hard as most for Walking Dead but I do enjoy it a lot. I just don't know a lot of minor details. I've seen everything except the new premiere which I read the spoilers on.
But my question is, is it ever cold? I can't remember ever seeing snow. But maybe they're in SAN Diego or something. I just thought of this because I think I'd try to go north where there could be some snow. It seemed to me the walkers would be much easier to kill. Could be wrong. Thoughts?

They're in the deep south. Show started in Georgia and hasn't gone further north than the Carolinas if I had to speculate.

Fear the Walking dead was set in LA and left off in Mexico. So no, no snow thus far. I'm with you, I wouldnt mind seeing a bit of that atmosphere. There's a lot of potential shock value with trudging through snow, lack of visibility, slowed zombies, slowed humans, etc.

They did a few issues set during a cold winter in the comics. Be nice to see the show do that, too.

I'd love to see at least one season where they deal with winter. So far their location and shooting schedule hasn't allowed it.

There was a cool sequence in the Telltale game where they had to make their way across a frozen lake, and of course the ice started breaking and walkers were right behind them so they couldn't go back.

One thing that I think made "No Way Out" in the comics feel more intense WAS the fact that it was snowing. It's a change of pace and in addition to dealing with walkers, you have to deal with the elements as well and stay warm enough to still kill the walkers. I imagine if it snowed on the show, the walkers would probably be easier to kill.

I'm not as die hard as most for Walking Dead but I do enjoy it a lot. I just don't know a lot of minor details. I've seen everything except the new premiere which I read the spoilers on.
But my question is, is it ever cold? I can't remember ever seeing snow. But maybe they're in SAN Diego or something. I just thought of this because I think I'd try to go north where there could be some snow. It seemed to me the walkers would be much easier to kill. Could be wrong. Thoughts?

Show started out in Atlanta, Georgia. They're currently in Northen Virginia, where I live.

It's super hot and muggy, but winters are pretty harsh as well. The show doesn't film in the winter, so this is why we never see snow. As for a canonical reason why we don't see winter time in the show, it could be as simple as the survivors "hibernate" during the winter; it's far more dangerous to be outside in the cold and snow, so they gather up supplies and stay inside as much as possible. Because of this, nothing worthy of being shown happens.

But my question is, is it ever cold? I can't remember ever seeing snow. ?

I'm not an expert on Georgia weather patterns, but I'm pretty sure their winters are quite mild. I've been there a few times and it's still comparatively warm in the winter months.

They did a few issues set during a cold winter in the comics. Be nice to see the show do that, too.

I liked when one of the early versions of Rick's group saw the walker frozen to the ground. That would be a nice visual for the show.

I'd love to see at least one season where they deal with winter.

Winters in Virginia usually aren't very problematic. I live about 2 hours from Alexandria, and our weather patterns are similar. The only cold months are January and February and we usually get 2-3 significant snowfalls per winter. Outside of a few less driving expeditions, I can't imagine winter being a significant factor for the show.

I remember Shane talking to Rick about winter back in season 2, but no, we've never actually seen the winter season on the television show. In the comics we've seen it a few times now.

They typically film each year between July and November in Georgia. You're not going to get a lot of snow and cold there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"