The Walking Dead Walker smell washes off. Duh...let's never try it again!

spund

Civilian
Reaction score
Sorry if it's been discussed before...this is my first time on this forum and I just recently got into the show (all caught up now).

Regardless of the logic of the smell, smearing themselves in walker guts apparently does work, and I just don't get why they don't do it ALL THE TIME! The first time in season 1 it only quit working because the rain washed it off....so because of that they just go "duh...it doesn't work, guess we'll never try it again"? Huh???? This has got to be my biggest pet peeve of the whole show, the sheer stupidity of not trying to mask their smell again....I mean jeez, they at least need to be doing it on the missions. It makes absolutely no sense to me!

And then the second time with Michonne...yeah it did quit working, probably because her own blood was mixed in the smell, but it DID work for a while! I'm baffled that the audience is supposed to just believe that the characters are so stupid that they would never try it again.

I realize that the walkers need to be coming after them sometimes for the sake of having an interesting show, but come on, it's just way too much stupidity for them to never ever at least try the gut smearing again. There could be times when they're not smeared (because who wants to have guts on them all the time after all), when they just get surprised by walkers. But they really do need to be at least doing it for the missions. I love the show, but I just think this is one area where the writing needs to be smarter.

My guess is that it would be too much trouble. Plus that blood is disease infected, so any type of cut or skin wound might get tainted with walker blood. Also, it would be too much trouble to find a change of clothes or re-wash the clothes they have .

Because you risk contracting some kind of horrible disease?

My guess is that it would be too much trouble. Plus that blood is disease infected, so any type of cut or skin wound might get tainted with walker blood. Also, it would be too much trouble to find a change of clothes or re-wash the clothes they have .

Makes sense, but it makes more sense that they'd risk it in a life or death situation, like the farm attack. Maybe it's just me, but if I was one of them I'd always have my walker gut poncho nearby to throw on in a moment's notice if a herd suddenly showed up.

I think it's because the risks outweigh the benefits. Even though the show isn't super technical at all (What if walker blood flies in your mouth or eye?), let's be technical for a second. Let's say you had the walker blood all over you and you fell on the ground. If you cut your knee up or broke skin on your hands/elbows, you're going to turn.

That and I don't think I'd want walker blood all over me all the time. Especially not when I am a professional who's been killing zombies on the norm.

Maybe not the blood thing, but there is no real good reason they are not making armor, or going back to the riot gear idea, they are in a prison and have the supplies, even in Woodbury the science guy had what looked like duct tape sleeves which looked cool and was Mythbustery. just little reason to make planned outings in tank tops anymore.

Wait a minute, getting walker blood in your system will make you turn? If that's true then there is no way that someone hasn't gotten blood in their eyes/mouth when killing walkers.

I think Kirkman and others have said that getting blood in or on you won't make you turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"