World Is the game already in developement?

GoldGoblin said:
I hope there are alot more villains in the game than just the movie ones,because the game got boring pretty fast.

well they always find a way to put shocker in the game. garuntee you he'll be in this one as well. i want them to use a combo of SM2 and USM game to make the ultimate game as far as game play and graphics go. and add in more of course. they can do so much with the game to make it as real an awesome as possible. it's going to look sick on 360 :up: man i can't wait :eek:

Spider-Bite said:
I don't doubt that eventually the game will be on Revolutions anyways, but it will probably come a year later. It really ticks me off the way Sony manages to dominate the market. Sony is a larger company, with more dollars to pour into it, so they develop a slightly less advanced system, and then use their money to make it so all the good games wont come out on other systems. That's their way of being the biggest the last two generations. That's exactly what it is. Why else do you think so many of these good games wont come out on other systems?

No offense, but that's a load of crap. PS2 got the most games because more people owned it. Microsoft had way more money than Sony and yet PS2 got way more games than Xbox, so clearly money was not the main factor. Sony is on top because they make the right moves, plain and simple. And Playstation 3 is going to be the most powerful of the three next-gen systems, so I don't know how your little theory fits in there. Anyway, this thread is about Spider-Man 3. If you want to argue about consoles, take it somewhere else.

I think it would be really cool if they got actual known actors to do the voices and likenesses of the secondary villains, like how in that James Bond game they got William Dafoe to play the badguy even though he wasn't in a Bond movie. That'd be pretty neat, but I don't know if Activision would spring for it.

sorry spider-bite but timstuff is right ps2 has the biggest collection of games than xbox and nintendo put togetherand besides everyone has a ps2

It might be, I don't know. I'm guessing that the PS2 and Xbox versions will be handled by a seperate developement team, if they exist. There's a lot of stuff they'll probably be doing on the new systems that can't be done on current-generation systems, so they'll have to be considerably scaled down, unless the only difference between the current-gen and next-gen versions is improved visuals (I hope not!).

What I really hope for the Spider-Man 3 game is that Treyarch is able to get the actual CG stunt doubles of the actors from Sony, and then use them as a base or "raw model" for the in-game models. That would just kick so much butt! EA did that with the Return of the King game but I'm sure that it would be much more noticeable on a next-generation system's graphics.

I wonder how long we'll all have to wait now for screenshots of the game, seeing as Sony is trying to keep the storyline of the 3rd movie under wraps so intently.

Hopefully we'll get at least something at this year's E3. The movie is supposed to come out May '07, and so next year's E3 would be way too late to show it off. And Tokyo Gameshow isn't the greatest place to show off Western games, so most non-Japanese developers usually don't show up there.

So, they're either gonna get the ball rolling this may at E3, or at the next CES show.

Spider-jedi said:
well on ign.com they have some news on spidey3 for the ps3 and have like a short video of spidey swinging and right under him are gran turismo cars racing.
Actually it looks more like they crappily cut up SM2 clips and then posted the Gran Turismo cars under him. Frankly, I was not impressed.

I was more impressed by the Doc Ock/Alfred Molina tech demo.

I was thinking about some of the things I'd like to see in Spider-Man 3: VG...
more detailed spidey and city obviously, be able to stick/swing on the sides of streetlight poles and flagpoles, supervillains committing some of the random crimes in the city, a more interactive city, a variety of costumes (hopefully we'll be able to play as black or red&blue), ability to make giant webs... like between buildings

you guys have any other thoughts?

As long as they dont include 400 freakin' chase levels like in USM...good lord they got old fast.

I would like to see, however, bonus features like SM1's ability to play as the Goblin. In SM2 I was SOOoOoOO hoping to be able to play as Octopus at the end...but nothing.

In SM3 it would be great to play as Venom, Sandman and Harry-Goblin.

If so, you should be able to commit crimes and whatnot.

Just to update this thread a LOT. The Spider-man 3 game is in development, and is confirmed for ALL next Gen consoles; PS3, Xbox 360, and Nintendo's newly named 'Wii'. The Wii version will be a completely seperate game built from the ground up to take advantage of the unique control system (Imagine web swinging by actually pointing and shooting - madness) To touch on a previous comment. DO NOT get a Ps3 and a 360, the systems offer a lot of the same and Ps3 is going to cost you 600USD. Personally I believe that everybody should own Wii (Revolution) It has great games comming down the line (launch looks stellar, Zelda+Metroid+Sonic+some new IPs that looks very interesting) anyways, Wii offers an amazing new sense of control and will undoubtably offer new types of games and gameplay. You would be sorry if you passed this up. Plus its very inexpensive, under 250USD, most likely 200USD as every other Nintendo console launch. Don't miss it - Its got spidey too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"