Superman Returns Is there a reason the new trailer doesn't play the chorus of the theme?

Kevin Roegele

Do you mind if I don't?
Reaction score
It's just weird that it keeps cutting out.

Yeah, that bugged me... I guess they are keeping that for the film aswell ;)

I see no particular reason why, I guess they couldn't fit the entire theme in the trailer. Too bad it didn't play, but then again it's the same old Williams STM rendition of the theme that we've already heard zillion times. No biggie.

I got amped when I heard the intro coming (ba ba-bum. ba ba-bum etc.) Then they cut it short, lol. The intro was good. The music playing with Supes and Lois was fantastic! But the rest was out of place and made it dull.

Mentok said:
Yeah, that bugged me... I guess they are keeping that for the film aswell ;)

It bugged me also, but they play it in the background at 1:40, it's just not really emphasized.

I'm assuming some of the other themes mixed in our from ottoman, I'm happy to say I liked all the music I heard.

Junfan said:
It bugged me also, but they play it in the background at 1:40, it's just not really emphasized.
That's not the chorus though.

The chorus is perhaps the strongest point of Williams' score.

The fact that they chose that part in particular to cut from the score in the trailer reveals the inappropriately off kilter taste that this production company has; they do not know what people like.

I actually it didn't bother me to much...but the bit where it amped up with routh doing the end credit soar over earth started to get me going..

that trailer is awesome.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
I actually it didn't bother me to much...but the bit where it amped up with routh doing the end credit soar over earth started to get me going..
It really does seem like the end-credit soar, doesn't it? I thought so too.

I agree, that's what we're seeing there is a nice tribuet to Reeve at the end of the movie. At least I hope so.

Showtime029 said:
I agree, that's what we're seeing there is a nice tribuet to Reeve at the end of the movie. At least I hope so.
yeah it will be the same scene. but i think this is not a good thing. it will be compared with reeve. some people already are saying that reeve did it better.

and i think this was reeves scene. they should made something that was from brandon. he should have hes own scene.

this is a to detailed homage. it looks like the exact same shot. it is just visual better.
flyby.png

flybyorig.jpg

well to me it doesnt bother me to much. this movie is so much more than this shot. but i am just saying. they should at least made the last scene more different.

I secretly hoped they would recreate the famous farewell scene with Routh. And it looks like they might just do that.:up:

Awesome.

this movie will be the most beautiful one this year that's for sure.

musclesforsupes said:
He should have only one arm out not two flying over the earth.

nitpicking at it's finest....(or worst depending on how you look at it)

i'm a fan too but i don't nitpick about dumb stuff...what am i gonna read next?

"OMG! he's not closing his fists!!! it's TeH SuX0RZ!!!!"

Kevin Roegele said:
It's just weird that it keeps cutting out.

I agree, there has to be a reason why it's being kept back.

The chorus, for those of you not sure, is the bit of the music used during the opening credits for Superman the movie when the S logo blasts onto the screen and the word Superman appears. As Richard Donner says, the music actually says the word Superman.

ummm I watched it a few times and it's there

very true..just wish Routh would have lowerd his left arm for the turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"