Issue with LCD tv

Duke

Avenger
Reaction score
Ok. I'm having issues with my 47'inch LCD tv because it no longer turns on at all. It was working fine this morning, but it turned off suddenly. The other appliances (dvd player & cable box) are functional. Any ideas?? :huh:

Sometimes the panel or power supply goes bad for whatever reason & needs to be replaced. Have you unplugged it to try & reset it? Has there been a recent lightning storm in your area? If so maybe it caused a power surge & tore something up inside the tv. Call your insurance company & see if your house insurance covers electronics.

Ok. I'm having issues with my 47'inch LCD tv because it no longer turns on at all. It was working fine this morning, but it turned off suddenly. The other appliances (dvd player & cable box) are functional. Any ideas?? :huh:
Sounds like your power supply has gone out. How long have you had the TV and is it still under warranty? If so, just call the manufacturer and get it replaced. If not, then you could take it to an authorized retailer and they could ship it off to be fixed, but you will be paying for it to be fixed. I wouldn't try and fix it yourself, because it could be any number of things. It just sounds like Power Supply to me, but it might not be. The suggestion about the insurance is not a bad idea, but how can you prove it? Know what I mean? They aren't going to pay for something that could potentially be a manufacturer defect. Now if you could somehow prove that it was struck by lightning, then you might have a case, but since none of your other gear was affected, then it's most likely a manufacturer defect.

I did a little tinkering with it & the power cord does have current, but the tv doesn't turn on. A repairman said the issue was one of 3 small fuses inside of it.

I did a little tinkering with it & the power cord does have current, but the tv doesn't turn on. A repairman said the issue was one of 3 small fuses inside of it.

Theres no telling how much those fuses will cost to replace including the repair bill on top of that. Hopefully you can get in home service & the repairman can show you how to replace the fuses yourself if it were to ever happen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iest106
Back