It was forty years ago today...

ThePenguin

Civilian
Reaction score
It was forty years ago today when The Beatles released their groundbreaking album "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" to the world.

Sgt_Pepper.jpg

I love that album.

It was ****ing brilliant.

I can't imagine what it must of been like to be alive during that time. Complete craziness....

I will never understand the popularity of the beatles. Of all the songs I've heard from them, I'd only consider 2 or 3 being actually good.

I will never understand the popularity of the beatles. Of all the songs I've heard from them, I'd only consider 2 or 3 being actually good.

Since Pepper is by no means my favorite, you should consider listening to Abbey Road, Revolver, and The White Album. I thought the same way at first because my only exposure to them was a few of their early poppy stuff, but after listening to these three albums, my perspective on them changed drastically. To me, they represent music.

So, it was 40 years ago today, Sgt Pepper taught the band to play? :yay:

Great album from a great band.

And it was almost 30 years ago that this classic was released...
B00009APB6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I had all of the beatles best albums on my MP3 player... Saddly it was stolen and with it the rest of my awesome music collection... So now I'm beatleless :( However I have the two Traveling Wiliberry albums which feature George Harrison.

you should consider listening to Abbey Road, Revolver, and The White Album. I thought the same way at first because my only exposure to them was a few of their early poppy stuff, but after listening to these three albums, my perspective on them changed drastically. To me, they represent music.

Same here! Their early poppy stuff is like...whatever. I rather listen to the Beach Boys. But, their later stuff is awesome. A couple of those later albums had masterpieces like Let It Be.

I've enjoyed all of their eras, their first albums are the blueprint of what would become brit pop almost 30 years later, and their later albums are groundbreaking pieces of music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"