The Beatles: Rock Band

This? Yeah. There's 3 options.

1) The game by itself for $60
2) The game with RB1 instruments. Called Special Value edition but it's a waste b/c the RB1 instruments are ****.
3) The game with a guitar based on McCartney's bass and drums with a chrome finish. Also includes a mic stand. That's $250 which is kinda crazy.

There's no game and guitar bundle like GH has.

The mic stand is tempting, but I'll likely grab up the RB2 game and instruments and get the Beatles game seperately.

That's the best option.

Here's some news

http://kotaku.com/5377635/why-its-taking-time-to-get-beatles-rock-band-dlc

More albums not a guarantee in The Beatles: Rock Band

Just because The Beatles are in Rock Band, that doesn't mean every single Beatles album will be in Rock Band as downloadable content. Why, you ask, well here is why.

Harmonix's John Drake tells game site BBPS: "Every time we do one song, it's not like Rock Band where we wait for the masters to come in and just author them... It's like, send people to Abbey Road, use the original tape, separate them out... it costs thousands of dollars. We're waiting to see how things sell. We're waiting to see how the albums do. If they sell well, we'll have a lot more content."

And if they don't, we won't. And if it rains, bring an umbrella. And if you are feeling hungry, eat something. Oh, if you are tired, then perhaps sleep, and if everybody thinks that you're lazy, don't mind them. They crazy.

If you buy something, they'll make more of it. Stop the f**king presses. Kotaku truly is a bastion of journalistic integrity. A shining beacon in the night that other news sites should look to.

I don't understand why the process would be different for the Beatles' songs. Is it a copyright issue because Apple is being really selective with the masters or something? Will they only authorize the work to be done at Abbey Road rather than sending it to Harmonix's offices?

I don't understand why the process would be different for the Beatles' songs. Is it a copyright issue because Apple is being really selective with the masters or something? Will they only authorize the work to be done at Abbey Road rather than sending it to Harmonix's offices?

because this game doesn't just have people rocking out on a stage. This game is either historically accurate in the depiction of the band playing...or it has a distinct dreamscape to go with the song. So that's what they are dealing with as fare as making the DLC. It costs a lot more money to make the songs because they want what you are seeing in the background to fit in with the song, thus maintaining the integrity of the game.

Last edited:
Oh, right, I forgot that there's a distinct visual sequence to go with the songs for Beatles: Rock Band. Duh. :o

If you buy something, they'll make more of it. Stop the f**king presses. Kotaku truly is a bastion of journalistic integrity. A shining beacon in the night that other news sites should look to.

I posted it more b/c it says about the process of obtaining the songs.

I think it's because Apple doesn't send them the stuff. They have to go there and do all the work themselves. Just a guess.

I beat the Story yesterday. I don't think some of the songs were as playable as others. I'm glad I didn't pay the full $60.

The "masters" that they get sent are so bad in terms of quality that they can barely use them to make the game. They don't let any high quality masters leave Abbey Road for fear of them leaking, and ending up in a bunch of unlicensed mash ups. After the songs are charted, the Harmonix guys have to send people out to Abbey Road to actually put the real songs in the game.

And then there's also the fact that they have to pay a lot more groups of people for the rights to these songs than they do for most of the stuff in Rock Band DLC, as the Beatles catalog has always been a clusterf**k of distribution, rights ownership, etc.

And then there's also the custom dreamscenes that all the songs have, which can't be cheap to produce.

Looking back on it now, "Hey Jude" would definitely be fun to play in the game. It would certainly be more fun than "I Want You (She's So Heavy)". The song is great, but the outro is exhaustingly long.

Finally getting this game tomorrow. I was just gonna rent it, but there's a buy 2 get 1 free sale on video games at Toys R' Us and everyone seems to love the crap out of it, so I figured why not.

Abbey Road comes out Tuesday.

Anyone look to certain albums/songs?

Has anyone download Abbey Road DLC yet? I was surprised to learn that it came in a pack, but not individual tracks. According to the description, it has 9 songs, and the rest are already on the Beatles Rock Band game.

Sgt. Pepper is out. Rubber Soul comes out this month

Has anyone download Abbey Road DLC yet? I was surprised to learn that it came in a pack, but not individual tracks. According to the description, it has 9 songs, and the rest are already on the Beatles Rock Band game.

It's out as individual songs too, what are you talking about? The only thing that's in the pack that's not available buying it piecemeal is the option to play the medley as the medley, you have to play it in 1-3 part pieces, separate from one another.

It and Sgt. Pepper are both fun as hell, with Sgt. Pepper being the more challenging of the two on almost every instrument, I'd say. I'm really looking forward to Rubber Soul tomorrow.

Activated a 1600 point card. Which album should I get? I can't decide.

Sgt. Pepper is the best of the bunch. It's probably their most famous album, and offers quite a bit of challenge on every instrument, while being fun as hell at the same time. It also has the most impressive dream scenes.

I'm gonna pick up Rubber Soul for now since it has the best value. I have to get another 1600 pts card anyway since there's nothing good you can get for 800 pts.

I hope Help! makes it up soon. Even if it's just the song and not the entire album.

Did anything else notice that the character models (Well, Mostly John) have been improved on the Rubber soul dlc?

And yeah, Help! not being out yet if all is confusing. It's one of the main five songs everyone knows by the Beatles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"