The Beatles: Rock Band

In the game if you fail the screen just goes dark and you go to the song cache. There's no booing or pouting like in previous games.

http://bitmob.com/index.php/mobfeed...ice-president-of-music-affairs-tim-riley.html

Bitmob: Last one. Beatles: Rock Band?

TR: I’m a big Beatles fan. I don’t know much about the game, really. From what I understand it’s all Beatles content, which is much different than what we’re doing.

We’ve done band-specific games with Aerosmith, Metallica, and now Van Halen, but even those games have a lot of variety, such as bands that Aerosmith was influenced by or bands that Metallica are fans of. At Activision we try to do band-specific games that have something for everybody, and I don’t think the Beatles game has that.

Bitmob: Were you ever in negotiations to sign The Beatles for Guitar Hero?

TR: We have relationships with pretty much all of the artists, managers, and labels. We talk to everybody.

What a bunch of idiots....they pride themselves in what the consumer is mad about.

The Beatles Rock Band has something for everybody, because anyone who doesn't like the Beatles DOESN'T F**KING COUNT.

Aren't band specific games inherently targeted at people who are fans of that particular band? Why go the route of making a game band specific and then worry about 'something for everyone?" The people who arent fans of that band likely wont buy the game anyway, and you rsik pissing off those people that are fans of the game by tossing in crap filler songs from other unrelated bands.

I'm a HUGE lifelong fan of Aerosmith. And though I generally dislike GH, I bought GH: Aerosmith, and wasnt happy about having to play songs by Mott the Hoople, Joan Jett, and The Cult.

How is the DLC going to work for this? Will there only be Beatles DLC? Does any of the previous released Rock Band songs work with this game?

How is the DLC going to work for this? Will there only be Beatles DLC? Does any of the previous released Rock Band songs work with this game?

You can't play any non-Beatles songs on this game. DLC will be purely Beatles stuff. Right now, we know "All You Need is Love" will be available as a single. Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper, and Rubber Soul will be released as albums.

Aren't band specific games inherently targeted at people who are fans of that particular band? Why go the route of making a game band specific and then worry about 'something for everyone?" The people who arent fans of that band likely wont buy the game anyway, and you rsik pissing off those people that are fans of the game by tossing in crap filler songs from other unrelated bands.

I'm a HUGE lifelong fan of Aerosmith. And though I generally dislike GH, I bought GH: Aerosmith, and wasnt happy about having to play songs by Mott the Hoople, Joan Jett, and The Cult.

I would be pretty pissed if there were a Guitar Hero: Weird Al that included some of the stuff he parodied. I'd want more of his own songs.

The only thing Guitar Hero should be allowed to do is make their guitars which I prefer over Rock Band's.

Last edited:

Yeah, what that Activision rep said makes no sense. I think there's a reason why Sir Paul, Ringo, and the Beatles estate chose Rock Band over Guitar Hero. Activision is just pissed that they lost out to HMX, that's why they tried to make it sound like their games are better.

Right now, we know "Here Comes the Sun" will be available as a single.
Huh? That song's already in the game. The only DLC single available right now is "All You Need Is Love".

Huh? That song's already in the game. The only DLC single available right now is "All You Need Is Love".

That's what I meant. I was listening to "Hear Comes the Sun" and had it on my brain.

Picked it up a few days ago and got to play it today. Even the hardest difficulty songs are pretty easy. There only seems to be a few stretches of notes that are difficult that I'm not used to. I'm appreciating the music more by seeing them "perform" and being able to put a face to the voice.

So, Rock Band wins with this right? There's nothing Guitar Hero can do to top the Beatles.

I'd say Guitar Hero: Weird Al but that's a lie because there'd only be 10 Weird Al songs and 70 songs by 65 other bands.

As much as I love Weird Al and would like to have his music in Rock Band, he's not bigger than the Beatles.

I wasn't being serious. I was more bashing GH with how awful their band-centric games are.

I still want Weird Al songs in the game though. He's got a good amount of original material that kicks ass.

Agreed. Give us a Track Pack bundled with an accordion peripheral.

A polka track pack would be godly. Now that I think about it though, I don't think he's ever done a Beatles parody.

By the time he became big, John was dead so he probably never felt right about parodying a song of theirs. He obviously wouldn't have asked when he was still pretty unknown. IIRC, he's asked to parody one or two of McCartney's songs (Paul is a fan of his) but he turned them down because they were about meat. Which was odd because Al is a vegetarian, too.

Al's a vegetarian now, he wasn't always though. He also seems like the type who can seperate himself from his jokes to allow more people to enjoy them.

Al became a vegetarian in 1992 so he probably asked after.

I Googled to look it up. IMDb was the first result. Al had asked to parody "Live and Let Die" into "Chicken Pot Pie." He asked Paul if he could parody "Free as a Bird" into "Gee I'm a Nerd", Paul said to ask Yoko who said no. He sometimes performs them at concerts though.

At least Paul has a sense of humor, unlike the artist formerly known as someone who will remain nameless. :awesome:

I picked this up on the weekend (as well as MUA2) and it's pure awesome! I'm addicted!

Back on topic, do they sell the game seperate from the peripherals?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"