It's official: Marvel Legends Icons BUILD-A-FIGURE wave!!

toddly6666

Civilian
Reaction score
They are actually doing it: a BUILD-A-FIGURE for the 12 inch Marvel Legends Icons. It looks like they listened to the fans and we are getting a huge GALACTUS for the first mega-BAF!

Here's the article from the Marvel Legends site:

Marvel Legends Icons 12" Roto Scale Action Figures with Build-A-Figure will be one for the ages as now its time to super size them. The next all-new Icons line features the greatest heroes in the Marvel Universe as 12" scale rotocasts, featuring a 36" Galactus as the first Marvel Legends Icons Build-A-Figure!

Here's the first photo. It looks like the same sculpt as the previous Galactus figure:
Galactus.jpg

If you are lying I will kill you....your pic doesn't show up

Or just ask where he got his source from.

Nah, I know he's lying anyway....plus nothing about it on Fwoosh

If only, we'd get a worthy yet over-sized Galactus.

Wow.....I never thouht of it as that big....but yeah......36 inches is 3 feet...Wow........Maybe I should just dress up a Midget.

Technically with your height, you'd be more accurate to Galactus's height in scale with your ML's.

i think i'm out of the icons game for now. might get punisher. but i saw thor and passed. i hope they don't do any BAF for the icons. go ahead and get mad at me. but i already buy 6 inchers that i don't always want for the BAFs, i don't want to do that with $20 big ones. Plus, I just don't know where I'd put all those big *** figures.

well, maybe if they did a huge galactus i'd get that one. but i can't think of any other figures i'd want to be bigger than the sentinel and the other similar sized BAFs.

The only thing that will get me into Icons is a BAF....or 12 inch versions of big characters......Sentinel, Foomer, Stature, Billy Foster

but with only two or so Icons per wave, i doubt they'll ever do this. so don't get your hopes up.

if they did a icon Fing Fang Foom, i'd be all over it.

but i doubt they'd ever give us obscure characters like that in icons. I mean, the BAF is what is making this line so freaking powerful and keep the sales up. Why would they want you to buy a $20 fing fang foom, when they could make you buy a whole line of 6-8 figures and spend $60-80 in total?

I would buy it.

SHT, it's "Fin Fang Foom"

There is a pic.....but it's the pic of the old ML9 Galactus....y'know why? Cause it's the only Ga;actus BAF...there is no Icons BAF, I just don't know why Todly would come in here and lie.....maybe someone lied to him.

More info from the article:

The original idea behind Marvel Legends Icons was to create definitive 12" action figure interpretations of classic Marvel characters. Although Hasbro has taken over the Marvel license from Toy Biz, they are continuing on with Marvel Legends Icons. The 36" Galactus Build-A-Figure series will be Hasbro's first Marvel Legends Icons release with the exciting Build-A-Figure.

Galactus the devourer of worlds, first appearing in Fantastic Four # 48, is the first 36" gestalt action figure from Toybiz’s Marvel Legend’s Icons Series 4. Galactus is the last survivor of the preceding universe. He exists for no other reason than being and eats planets to sustain himself. To complete this super-sized action figure, collectors have to purchase each of the Marvel Legends Icons Series 4 action figures that will contain one of seven parts needed to assemble Galactus.

Collectors must purchase each of the seven action figures in the Marvel Legends Icons Series 4 to assemble a complete Galactus. Often, Marvel Legends Icons action figures retail for $18. That would make Galactus at least $126. Some of these figures are rarer than others, so it’s common to find auction sites and stores selling them for more. Toybiz does not suggest any price to retailers.

Where did you get that?

Icons Series 4 was Thor and Wolverine and is already out...Unless it's Hasbro Sereis 4 then we don't know who it is and it should be out in 4th Quarter 2007.....but seven figs in an Icons line? I dunno.

I'm gonna need a link to the article before I even consider believing this....I want to believe it...I want a 3 foot Galactus more than anything.

They are talking about the Hasbro Series 4 line, which is the third group after the Thor/Wolvie/Punisher/Dr. Doom line. This looks like a definite 2008 product, but well worth the wait. The 12 inch figs must be selling well if they are planning to release 7 per wave. The marketing people know that anything with the "Marvel Legends" tag will sell and they will, regardless of the size of the fig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"